Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, another two and a half months.
I know. I was talking about waiting another 10 days after the order bamks open up to place an order for a Ecoboost
Sponsored

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Merc Mariner hybrid, 04 Silv 3500, 87 F-700
is it possible for Ford to cancel all the unfilled MY22 orders and just go ahead with the MY23 orders instead?
Why would they? They already have trucks SOLD. Why would they purge thousands of orders that are already in place, just to enter new ones? As with any other model that is a carryover, any unbuilt orders will be changed to the next model year. Changing model years is just a cutoff date. I worked for Ford on the line. When a part changes, there is no hubbub. You just get the next pallet of parts, and the part is different. So you put that on. It happens year round, not just at model year changes.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealers you order from will like that and if you dont pick up the maverick they can sell them
Oh yeah they would especially those that like to add ADM!

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to add something for people that think Ford should "do more". I was a third generation Ford worker..... I started in 2000. I worked in the engine casting plant. We were working 7 days a week, 8 - 9 hours per shift, 2 shifts per day. One day our line was down (there were roughly 10+ lines doing different jobs).... instead of sending us home or loaning us out, we sat there..... finally 40 minutes before the end of the shift, they got the line repaired. We worked 40 minutes, then shut down and went home. Ford was happy to pay us a day's wages for 40 minutes of work, because they needed those engine blocks. They even had volunteers work through summer shutdown.... I went over to the truck engine mold line (5.4, 6.8 and 5.0L / 302 ) and worked for 2 weeks. My point is ----- I can assure you, that Ford is doing whatever they can, to get the vehicles produced, with the limitations of supply of parts, and the unexpected high take rate of the hybrid truck.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to add something for people that think Ford should "do more". I was a third generation Ford worker..... I started in 2000. I worked in the engine casting plant. We were working 7 days a week, 8 - 9 hours per shift, 2 shifts per day. One day our line was down (there were roughly 10+ lines doing different jobs).... instead of sending us home or loaning us out, we sat there..... finally 40 minutes before the end of the shift, they got the line repaired. We worked 40 minutes, then shut down and went home. Ford was happy to pay us a day's wages for 40 minutes of work, because they needed those engine blocks. They even had volunteers work through summer shutdown.... I went over to the truck engine mold line (5.4, 6.8 and 5.0L / 302 ) and worked for 2 weeks. My point is ----- I can assure you, that Ford is doing whatever they can, to get the vehicles produced, with the limitations of supply of parts, and the unexpected high take rate of the hybrid truck.
I don't think the complaints are directed at the people building the trucks, or even the supplier issues; but rather at the executive & administrative bureaucracy & and seemingly disconnected decision making of recent new model intro's. Mistakes made from one model are repeated for the next, and damage control is lacking & delayed. Clearly there continues to be A LOT of room for improvement in the executive management level at Ford. It's the hard work of the engineers, manufacturing workers, and support staff that has made the Maverick the success that it is, in spite of the upper level managers & executives unable to get out of their own way.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5/24/22 UPDATE

2023 Maverick order banks open
  • 8/15/22 - Maverick (Hybrid)
  • 8/25/22 - Maverick (Gas)
2023 Maverick scheduling start
  • 9/15/22 - Maverick (Hybrid)
  • 9/15/22 - Maverick (Gas)
2023 Maverick production start
  • 10/24/22 - Maverick (Hybrid)
  • 10/24/22 - Maverick (Gas)

2023-maverick-ordering-scheduling-production-schedule-dates.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

Here are the current anticipated dates for the model year 2023 Maverick.

August 16, 2022 -- Order bank opens for MY2023
October 24, 2022 -- Production begins for MY2023

Note: With these dates being several months away and the continually evolving supply and transport issues, they are of course subject to changing.
On fordvideoguys live chat tonight he said order banks for 2023 open August 2.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If my January order isn't here by August, and the price increases in MY23 aren't crazy, I'll definitely be placing a MY23 order and then deciding what to do if/when the MY22 order finally shows up.

At that point, just waiting another 6-8 months for a 23 could be quite attractive, especially if they are any significant new features or options added.
it's not like the supply chain problems are going away overnight.

nellie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang
If my January order isn't here by August, and the price increases in MY23 aren't crazy, I'll definitely be placing a MY23 order and then deciding what to do if/when the MY22 order finally shows up.

At that point, just waiting another 6-8 months for a 23 could be quite attractive, especially if they are any significant new features or options added.
I was told today rolled to my 23 order date 1/6/22

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's not like the supply chain problems are going away overnight.
I'm sure Ford adding $1k-5k to the MSRP will do wonders for clearing up the supply chain issues.

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sales Results - USA - Maverick
YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecTotal

Going by the data from FordAuthority,
It would appear that Ford is averaging (removing September as an outlier) 188 vehicles per day. That's 1,316 per week. The MOST they produced, from April, is 9,537, or 2,225 per week.
So, Ford managed to produce 2,225 per week at the most. But, that's far from good.

In comparison, that OTHER American car company, the youngest kid on the block made 1,390 per day out of their Freemont factory. Their Austin plant is producing close to 1,000 per week already while the company is facing the same "demand exceeds capacity" issue as Ford. I get that there is a ramp up period and some kind of restraints but that young American company is making cars as fast as they can and doesn't seem to be having the same troubles Ford is.

Ford is NOT ramping up... they literally made 6,030 in December and then 6,089 in May. I guess that's a ramp up of 59 vehicles per month in a timespan of 5 months...

Yes, obviously, Ford knows how to make cars faster and their slowness must be due to shortages - probably chip shortages - and thus they want to make their higher profit vehicles. Which has more profit baked in, a Lariat F350 or Lariat Maverick? Yeah, that's rhetorical.

It seems Ford is throttling production of the Maverick on purpose. This could be to:
A. Create an artificial demand signal
B. Give them bragging rights (selling all we can make given the chip shortage)
C. Allow them to use those chips they would have used in the Mavericks into higher profit, more expensive trucks which allows more profit.
D. Give them a moral high ground of "We are producing the highest MPG truck on the market".

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It would appear that Ford is averaging (removing September as an outlier) 188 vehicles per day. That's 1,316 per week. The MOST they produced, from April, is 9,537, or 2,225 per week.
So, Ford managed to produce 2,225 per week at the most. But, that's far from good.

In comparison, that OTHER American car company, the youngest kid on the block made 1,390 per day out of their Freemont factory. Their Austin plant is producing close to 1,000 per week already while the company is facing the same "demand exceeds capacity" issue as Ford. I get that there is a ramp up period and some kind of restraints but that young American company is making cars as fast as they can and doesn't seem to be having the same troubles Ford is.

Ford is NOT ramping up... they literally made 6,030 in December and then 6,089 in May. I guess that's a ramp up of 59 vehicles per month in a timespan of 5 months...

Yes, obviously, Ford knows how to make cars faster and their slowness must be due to shortages - probably chip shortages - and thus they want to make their higher profit vehicles. Which has more profit baked in, a Lariat F350 or Lariat Maverick? Yeah, that's rhetorical.

It seems Ford is throttling production of the Maverick on purpose. This could be to:
C. Allow them to use those chips they would have used in the Mavericks into higher profit, more expensive trucks which allows more profit.
D. Give them a moral high ground of "We are producing the highest MPG truck on the market".
So what you are saying is one plant's production of "Brand X" is about the same as all of North America's production of "Brand Y". Brand X being a more complex product. I mean, if you want a Tesla pickup, buy one.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what you are saying is one plant's production of "Brand X" is about the same as all of North America's production of "Brand Y". Brand X being a more complex product. I mean, if you want a Tesla pickup, buy one.
I'm not sure what you are saying but I was saying that Tesla found a way to make vehicles, even their newest one much faster than Ford, which I would argue should have the production process down.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ford fan - 3 mustangs (Well, one was a Mercury Caprice with Mustang back glass and tail lights and a 351 stuffed under the hood), 2 F-150s, 1 F-250s, 3 F-350s, and one F-450. It's just really odd that Ford couldn't manage to make more Mavericks than Tesla could make Model Ys. Maybe I missed it - were you saying the Maverick is more complicated than the Model Y? I suppose it is but Ford has had a lot of years and a lot of experienced engineers and designers who have had plenty of time to de-complicate production. I'm sure they have their reasons for not making many Mavericks but I just find it odd that they didn't produce very many.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on C.