2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay what I see is crazy inflation. Printing presses running 24/7/365 to keep our economy afloat at least till end of the year.
When the money stops flowing there will be carnage. Real unemployment is double digits.
So it could happen pretty quick. I hope not.
Inflations isn't "crazy" its hyper inflated, more by Supply and demand. Unemployment is in double digits, but this isn't because business aren't hiring, it's because people don't want to work for the low wages employers want to pay. This forum is about Maverick truck not Econ,

But if you think the automotive industry is going to crash, I can't change that. But right now there are no indicators this will happen. Not when vehicles are sold many times before the land on the dealers lots.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be interesting to hear the July production numbers. @longMcAthur Ford @fordvideoguy allocations and percentage of them for August and September orders. Did notice a XLT without lux etc got a vin and build week with an Oct 25th order date.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Inflations isn't "crazy" its hyper inflated, more by Supply and demand. Unemployment is in double digits, but this isn't because business aren't hiring, it's because people don't want to work for the low wages employers want to pay. This forum is about Maverick truck not Econ,

But if you think the automotive industry is going to crash, I can't change that. But right now there are no indicators this will happen. Not when vehicles are sold many times before the land on the dealers lots.
We kinda got off track yes. But there is a certain segment that thinks they can continue to buy stuff and sell at a profit and buy more. I see it as musical chairs. Don't think I said the auto industry was gonna crash. My feeling is when it does it will happen quick.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pure speculation: since the Bronco Sport is built at the same plant, look to their options for some possibilities for MY23 Mavericks. The ones that come to mind: Bronze Smoke Metallic color option, and the B&O sound system and/or Tech Package being offered at XLT trim.
I hope it is Eruption Green rather than shiny doo doo brown, but you are probably right 😂

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Depending on model changes I might order a second hybrid. Hope Ford drops the trim/package info well in advance.

Sponsored

Jobst88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird we don’t even have pictures of MY23 3 months before they can be ordered. Seems like something we’d see by now.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Weird we don’t even have pictures of MY23 3 months before they can be ordered. Seems like something we’d see by now.
I highly doubt anything physically has changed. Maybe options, packages and colors. That's probably about it.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure. Ford seeing what customers most wish were options or standard on the 2022. Making those options available or standard on 2023. I mean.....not like they will have trouble selling out/having to close orders early again in 2023, but never a bad idea to cater to what the customer is asking for if possible.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure. Ford seeing what customers most wish were options or standard on the 2022. Making those options available or standard on 2023. I mean.....not like they will have trouble selling out/having to close orders early again in 2023, but never a bad idea to cater to what the customer is asking for if possible.

Well as my grandfather said, wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see what you are left holding.

The wish list threads give me lots of LOL's, people don't seem to comprehend that adding a zillion things adds to the cost, passed on to the consumer, which reduces the great value the Maverick currently is.

I cannot see Ford adding ANY value to the truck, unless it comes with a proportionate price increase.

I more expect changed/split up/reduced packages ( example: Lux no longer contains heated anything, stays the same price, and there is a new $1,500 cold weather package ).

If you have a fruit stand, and can sell every red apple you can pick, are you going to spend time, resources and $$ to figure out how to make them bigger, or stretch a bit longer until you are worried about a fruit stand opening up next to you ? Ford can milk the Mav for at least MY23 before I see any real contenders from Toyota, GM or anyone else being a threat. Just like Apple has a product path of probably 5+ years that limits feature roll outs, I am sure Ford has that for the Maverick to stay competitive, once the time comes.

Just look at the XL. No Cruise Control, and it is just 2 switches and a few changes in Forscan. $90 in retail parts probably cost Ford a few bucks, but that is all part of the game to milk every penny out of these.

I think it is impressive a base model currently gets a touch screen, carplay / android auto, LED lights etc that just a few years ago were add on options or a trim up. My Dads F150 is a XL just 2 or 3 years old, it has regular headlights, joke of a headunit/stereo, no car play.

wrbrb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I want to place my first order for the hybrid in August as soon as ordering opens up, what's the best approach? Apologies if this is highlighted elsewhere. Is it best to be in contact with a few dealers in my area and try to open a dialogue with someone prior to August? Or don't I even have to talk to anyone?

Is the process then carried out only in person? Via email or an online form?

I'm also nervous about placing an order and then having the truck sold to someone else when it arrives at the dealership - is that a real concern to have?

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I want to place my first order for the hybrid in August as soon as ordering opens up, what's the best approach? Apologies if this is highlighted elsewhere. Is it best to be in contact with a few dealers in my area and try to open a dialogue with someone prior to August? Or don't I even have to talk to anyone?

Is the process then carried out only in person? Via email or an online form?

I'm also nervous about placing an order and then having the truck sold to someone else when it arrives at the dealership - is that a real concern to have?

Start talking to dealers now. Ask who will sign an agreement on OTD price. Ask who will input it into Fords ordering system in front of you, they can do it.

Personally, I would find the dealer that checked those boxes, and go there early on the 15th to get my order placed in. If you have worked things out before that date, it should be smooth sailing, just a wait of however long.

wrbrb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the advice. Would you reach out via email to the Sales Manager, Internet Sales?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s no guarantee that Ford will build all existing MY22 orders first. What is the chance of Ford skipping or rolling over your MY22 and start scheduling MY23 orders instead? We‘ve seen it happened with June and July orders already. Get ready for big time disappointment.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the advice. Would you reach out via email to the Sales Manager, Internet Sales?
I would do it in person myself, if the dealers are close by. I believe in a handshake and placing a face to the name when possible. Makes it easier for them to empathize, and be up front about all your concerns. This gives them the opportunity to earn your business come August.

Sales or Fleet manager typically does ordering, so they may pair you with a sales guy but they are the ones to put the order in.
Sponsored