Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
What does that have to do really with anything ? That plant according to Ford - "Capacity of the plant was improved to 300,000 units per year." So if indeed that is true WITHOUT shutdowns, without chip shortage, WITH adding the production of the Transit Connect and the 40% hybrid ratio - could they even produce enough hybrids to fill existing orders ? Sounds doubtful if they are announcing such low production numbers no matter the cause.
They can't and won't be able to fill al MY22 hybrid orders. Come June/July, many of us will get a notice that our builds are being pushed to MY23 and maybe we get some sort of price protection but doubt it.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does that have to do really with anything ? That plant according to Ford - "Capacity of the plant was improved to 300,000 units per year." So if indeed that is true WITHOUT shutdowns, without chip shortage, WITH adding the production of the Transit Connect and the 40% hybrid ratio - could they even produce enough hybrids to fill existing orders ? Sounds doubtful if they are announcing such low production numbers no matter the cause.
IIRC, the article I read said new Transit Connect was not due to start production in Hermosillo until 2024. Ford had originally only forecast selling 100k- ~115k Mavericks per year which is likely included in that 300k /yr capacity. Would not surprise me a bit if Escape is dropped before too long. Remember CEO talking about a possible "family" of Maverick based vehicles? After this backlog of Mavericks is caught up and supply chain squeeze is history they should have real numbers on Maverick demand like they do after a year of Bronco Sport, and they could drop the Escape platform and build all variants off the Maverick platform instead and adjust annual output based on better sales projections by the time Transit Connect is coming on line. I don't know how much factory space (or land) is available in current Hermosillo location, but they will find a way to increase capacity if needed through adding shifts and possibly another production line if needed.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news, but there's no way Ford can get caught up on all the hybrid orders before they start taking/building MY23. We don't know the exact # of orders Ford has, but at a 60-70% conversion rate from reservations, that's 60-70,000, of which more than 60% are hybrids. It's not mathematically possible with the standing 40% hybrid engine constraint to get all ours built before they switch over to MY23......I'm banking a MY23 at this point, so 1 + for truck.
I read dealers are reporting conversion rate from reservations to orders is actually only 20-30%. I have seen nothing concrete that hybrids are anywhere near 60% either. We all know there were many people placing more than 1 order they never planned to take possession of and lots of evidence of decliners support that now. A lot of people gave up on waiting too. They will build MY22 until August before opening order banks for MY23 and I will bet everything will be caught up by then.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual transmission left Professional Sports almost two decades ago, I'd rather keep my hands on the steering wheel and keep my eye on the road. I don't miss shift at all
how you gonna fiddle with that big purty infotainment screen smack dab center in the dash then? ;)

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read dealers are reporting conversion rate from reservations to orders is actually only 20-30%. I have seen nothing concrete that hybrids are anywhere near 60% either. We all know there were many people placing more than 1 order they never planned to take possession of and lots of evidence of decliners support that now. A lot of people gave up on waiting too. They will build MY22 until August before opening order banks for MY23 and I will bet everything will be caught up by then.
I'd love to believe that conversion rates were 20-30%, then that would put us at around 20-30k probbaly before September or October. But that means Ford should have all those scheduled in my opinion.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd love to believe that conversion rates were 20-30%, then that would put us at around 20-30k probbaly before September or October. But that means Ford should have all those scheduled in my opinion.
they can't possible schedule that far out. They operate on "JUST IN TIME" manufacturing and everything depends on having all parts necessary when ready to build, but not having a lot of inventory on hand in the factory subject to taxes each month. Planners, buyer's, and schedulers do their best to make all parts arrive on schedule for builds- but a lot of the delivery process is out of their control.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered and received confirmation email from Ford 9/18
area 51
Ecoboost
AWD
lux package
Co-Pilot
Tow Package
Floor mats w/Carpets
Rear window
Full size spare
Mud Flaps
Tool box passenger side

I knew when I ordered it was going to take a while, but it’s the new year and I’m hoping this is my year🥳

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they can't possible schedule that far out. They operate on "JUST IN TIME" manufacturing and everything depends on having all parts necessary when ready to build, but not having a lot of inventory on hand in the factory subject to taxes each month. Planners, buyer's, and schedulers do their best to make all parts arrive on schedule for builds- but a lot of the delivery process is out of their control.
You mean between the planned production date start (august/september) and the OKTB, they couldn't have secured enough components to build the 20-30k already ordered? I think they could have, but chose not to. If they were really trying, since the OKTB was given they'd have started in June and went forward but they can't b/c of all the constraints. So they just need to come out and say "we were overwhelmed with the hybrid orders and can't guarantee we can get all the components to finish every MY22 order before we move to MY23. All i think we are hoping for is some actual communication from Ford-if it's going to be another 6-9 months, just tell us.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You mean between the planned production date start (august/september) and the OKTB, they couldn't have secured enough components to build the 20-30k already ordered? I think they could have, but chose not to. If they were really trying, since the OKTB was given they'd have started in June and went forward but they can't b/c of all the constraints. So they just need to come out and say "we were overwhelmed with the hybrid orders and can't guarantee we can get all the components to finish every MY22 order before we move to MY23. All i think we are hoping for is some actual communication from Ford-if it's going to be another 6-9 months, just tell us.
You will not get that from Ford. Their products are truly outstanding but their ordering process is a joke. From The "allocation " process where large volume dealers are rewarded and low volume dealers are pushed back even on customer orders, lack of communication - look at the Bronco folks waiting over a year .... Maybe Jim Farley will fix that - he has done an amazing job so far.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, that's exactly what I mean. It doesn't work like you think it should IRL. I've had decades of experience in all phases of manufacturing and production and explained it in detail on here before, but sounds like you got it all figured out so I won't bore everyone with repeating here 🤭

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good. Cause if you are texting with 1 hand and take your other hand off the wheel to sip your Starbucks or play with the screen- you will need to have the Tesla full driving mode! :ROFLMAO:
Texting is done by Siri, no need to take hands off steering wheel

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mean between the planned production date start (august/september) and the OKTB, they couldn't have secured enough components to build the 20-30k already ordered?
They were still building hybrids from September until the late-November OKTB so those components weren't getting stockpiled because they were going into vehicles.

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Any changes to the 2023 order date of August 16, 2022?

CMOS
Sponsored