Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't really care. It's not like a manual which I'm shifting all the time. I touch it maybe five times per trip. Big deal.
I'm with you, it really doesn't matter, and it takes up less room
Sponsored

Mcuz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i would like to ask all, does anyone like the diel shift. i personally do not like it. so I am on a mission to see if there is a way to put a hand held shift like an f150. does anyone agree. thank you
I lov
i would like to ask all, does anyone like the diel shift. i personally do not like it. so I am on a mission to see if there is a way to put a hand held shift like an f150. does anyone agree. thank you
I Did not think I would like it, but once i got comfortable with it, I love it.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe after I get the truck I will discover I hate it, but right now I have to say I think it is kind of cool looking. I will follow up in a year. :D

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No one likes it... Not older people and not younger people. I did an auto survey about 5 or 6 years ago and the subject was the gear selector. I got in about 5 different cars from different makers and different styles of gear selectors and I scored all the weird ones like rotory knobs the lowest and the standard gear shifter in the console the highest. After doing the survey, I asked the guy running it if the older people liked the standard shifters and the younger people liked the rotary knobs, etc. I expected him to say yes, but he said pretty much everyone liked the standard gear shifter and practically no one liked any of the "unconventional" shifters. I guess all that matters is the Auto makers like unconventional shifters!🤪
I bet if all the survey takers got to live with the various shifter designs for a couple weeks, the results would be very different. The dial shifter was weird at first, but once you get used to it (only takes a week or so), it's actually quite nice. I definitely prefer it to a standard shifter now.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should just go back to the old days. ;):p:D
64Imp-600x475[1].jpg
Rambler and Buick had those. Gosh, more than 50 years ago, I think it was. No Park? I seem to remember that Buick had Park, but it was my grandfather's car and I didn't have a license yet.

Whatcolortochoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like how out of the way it is. I do wish there was a way to beable to manually select gears on the ecoboost. The truck is pretty responsive but if I am getting ready to pass someone on a 2-lane road I'd like to premptively downshift before I start accelerating. Or be able to chose a specific gear on steep inclines. admittentaly I have yet to take the truck in the mountains and havent heard any complaints.

Dawgonit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the lever on the side is park. My 65 plymouth valiant had push button with a lever on the side for park.

Sponsored

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
I do NOT like the dial shifter at all, you have to look at it because you can spin the dial there are no end stops. Don't like it.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one of the dial shifters in my 2020 ford explorer and don't have any issue with it other than my 2021 Ford f-150 is in the column and I often forget what's what when going to the explorer and will try to shift it at the column.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's ok . just have to get use to it . old dogs can learn new tricks .

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rambler and Buick had those. Gosh, more than 50 years ago, I think it was. No Park? I seem to remember that Buick had Park, but it was my grandfather's car and I didn't have a license yet.
Valiant had it, too. My sister had one and it blew my mind (still blown!)

Forester

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Xl, Honda Fit, 1966 Land Rover
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t understand the problem with the shifter. It is not like the shifter moves linkage any more. I drive dump trucks and fire trucks and there is just a button to push to put them in drive.
Sponsored