First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i would like to ask all, does anyone like the diel shift. i personally do not like it. so I am on a mission to see if there is a way to put a hand held shift like an f150. does anyone agree. thank you
Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just pretend you're driving a Land Rover. Same dial, but the Ford's doesn't pop up like it's shopping in the freezer section.

If you're on a budget, pretend it's a Dodge.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had it for 3 months just don't like it . it is a sport truck should have a hand shift.
Itā€™s a sports truck? šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m sure there will be a way to swap it out for something

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call me an innovator I just like things the way I like. not that you are wrong you are 100% in the wright, but just looking at it bothers me. I'm so used to having my hand on the shifter.
Isnā€™t that the opposite of ā€œinnovation?ā€ Going back to the way things were?

I have not had a dial shift but Iā€™m looking forward to it. It looks low and out of the way. Which is nice, since my dog has happily knocked my traditional shifter out of gear in my current vehicle.

Gray Shale

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isnā€™t that the opposite of ā€œinnovation?ā€ Going back to the way things were?

I have not had a dial shift but Iā€™m looking forward to it. It looks low and out of the way. Which is nice, since my dog has happily knocked my traditional shifter out of gear in my current vehicle.
Now your dog will step on the mode, traction control, auto start/stop and brake hold buttons every time they cross the console... LOL!

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspected that it would be a gimmick, so I wasnā€™t sure that I would like it.

But Iā€™ve grown to not dislike it.

I do miss the tactile feedback of reaching over to check which gear Iā€™m in without having to look. Not a big deal though, just something that the dial lacks. I wish that it had a little nub or something for physical feedback.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
wasnā€™t a fan but itā€™s grown on me over the 3 months Iā€™ve had itā€¦. I simply donā€™t care enough to try to change it out. The one issue Iā€™ve had is sometimes Iā€™ll take my foot off the brake thinking Iā€™m in reverse and I start to move forward (not the trucks fault, my brain doing the no-look shift and wanting to go all the way to drive)

Last edited:

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now your dog will step on the mode, traction control, auto start/stop and brake hold buttons every time they cross the console... LOL!
Thatā€™s crossed my mind. I hope they are out of the way enough. Sheā€™s a little dog and likes to be everywhere but her bed.

Ford Maverick Anyone like the dial shifter? 6BE90BF9-F18F-4EB1-B016-2F59E3A9E381

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i would like to ask all, does anyone like the diel shift. i personally do not like it. so I am on a mission to see if there is a way to put a hand held shift like an f150. does anyone agree. thank you
I don't have a truck yet, but with a stick, you have to engage the 'interlock' paddle to change gears. I'm hoping a similar mechanism is in place with the dial shifter and that the gear indicator is still co-located on the dash.

Other than that, I think I can get used to it
Sponsored