Sponsored

Dial shifter POLL

Do you prefer the Maverick dial shifter, or a standard/traditional automatic shifter?

• Total voters

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After perusing the lengthy thread about the dial shifter, I thought it'd be interesting to run a poll to gauge how Maverick owners really feel about the shifter.

PLEASE only answer if you've owned and driven your Maverick for at least a couple weeks. I want to see real world opinions from folks who have actually used the dial shifter.
Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't mind the dial at all! I came from a Honda that had a push button shifter so it's not a huge jump. My F150 before that had a regular shifter but it's not hard to adapt to whatever the car has after a couple weeks.

mavericktwc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other than the fact it automatically switches itself into park when you shut it off, I’m not a super huge fan of it and prefer the traditional lever…

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've driven cars with push-button shift (early 60's Plymouth Valiant), automatics and manuals on the column, automatics and manuals on the floor, and now the dial shifter. I'm getting used to the dial, and am OK with it, but I do prefer the traditional. Who knows, in time I may come to prefer the dial. I mean, I do like that it automatically throws it into park when you shut it off (and, if I recall, if you open the door while stopped).

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I realize that Ford wanted a more car feel to the inside ...but a lever style would(my opinion) give it a cooler truckier feel.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Shifter would be nice to rest my hand/arm but I can live with this. Let's face it, it's 1 second out of your drive. If this is that important, might be time to readjust the priorities.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I showed my Maverick to a relative. He works for the NHTSA investigating crashes. He looked at the shifter and was impressed that it had the dial. He said "the more things that don't stick up, the better" which makes sense. He said you would be surprised how many people get injured by shifters when they are getting flung around in the accident.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been driving over 6 months and absolutely love it!!

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I showed my Maverick to a relative. He works for the NHTSA investigating crashes. He looked at the shifter and was impressed that it had the dial. He said "the more things that don't stick up, the better" which makes sense. He said you would be surprised how many people get injured by shifters when they are getting flung around in the accident.
Question if your moving and door is a jar what happens if you open door while moving and try to close it
Would if go into park and destroy trans

Redkayak

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought it would bother me but now I am used to it and don't miss a shifter. It does make the console area less cluttered to not have a shifter sticking up in the middle.

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Column shifter or middle console shifter I prefer more.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Question if your moving and door is a jar what happens if you open door while moving and try to close it
Would if go into park and destroy trans
I sure as hell hope not.

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, NA Miata, Subaru Legacy
I would prefer a column shifter and a bench in the front, 3 seat front.

The ultimate dream would be a 2022//23 ford F100 that's a 2 door maverick, long bed with a 3 seat front bench

First Name
John Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't mind column shifters, which we don't see all that often anymore. But I have always hated the automatic transmission shifters that stick up out of the center console. They either look out of place, forced styling, or get in the way with my drinks or air controls. I first had a rotary shifter on my Fusion 3 years ago, and my only gripe about the maverick's rotary shifter is that there is not much in the way of positive feedback when you turn it. Not even a Hard stop after Drive or Park.

All of that said, I have never 'Owned' nor 'daily driven' an auto with a center shift stick. I've had 2 center shift manuals, a column shift manual, a column shift auto, and then the rotary on my fusion and maverick. My favorites have to be the 5 or 6 speed center shift manuals and if ford had offered a manual on the 2.0eb I probably would have that instead of the hybrid.
Sponsored