kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there is hybrid AWD Tacoma, I am in :)
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Better bring your step stool with ya.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet just like the 2019 I had, with just your thumb indent the fenders... Haited that lethargic turd
I've heard the current gen Tacoma is a POS from a reliability standpoint as well. Which is a shame because I always thought it was the coolest looking Tacoma gen.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more interested in the potential for a single cab EV from Nissan or Chevy at this point. I love me some Taco, but more elaborate, expensive and opulent is the wrong direction For my needs - besides, they're still huge! I'd wager they drop the jumper seats and go full crew cab across the line.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, since it pretty much looks just like the Tacoma of the last 20 years, it should do well! :ROFLMAO:

Toyota Fanboys rejoice!! 😂

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more interested in the potential for a single cab EV from Nissan or Chevy at this point. I love me some Taco, but more elaborate, expensive and opulent is the wrong direction For my needs - besides, they're still huge! I'd wager they drop the jumper seats and go full crew cab across the line.
sure... but don't hold your breath waiting on GM or Toy to give you what you are looking for.

TGTBTU

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TGTBTU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aa
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2024 Tacoma may not be in the same class, but it could potentially steal some sales from the Maverick (especially, those pissed off at Ford and their dealerships).

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People need to realize that there are always two types... One innovates and takes risks and is the first to bring a product to the marketplace. A big risk on their part as no one really knows how the marketplace will accept or reject their product.

The second are the copycat(s) that copies the innovator and tries to provide an alternative choice to the marketplace after they see there is $$$ to be made. Because someone else took the risk and did all the handwork of shifting the market attitude to this new thing (Maverick in this case) or compact mini trucks for that matter.

I will put my trust in the one that took the risk and is first, then the one(s) that sat back on their fat butts and let the competition innovate.

My money is with Ford not to mention brand loyalty.

If we lived in the 70'80's then the situation would be reversed obviously as the innovation did not exist.

Last edited:

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The 2024 Tacoma may not be in the same class, but it could potentially steal some sales from the Maverick (especially, those pissed off at Ford and their dealerships).
It's not likely Toyota dealers aren't marking up new vehicles too. Waits for popular vehicles are still long, maybe more so in some places than the US. My local Toyota dealer got bought out by a used car chain last year, this summer just weeks after I got my Mavierck the same auto group bought the Ford dealership. Same problem, different logo.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank Toyota that the upcoming Tacoma doesn't look like a Subaru Brat. Imitation is not flattery if it is butt ugly like some prototypes have appeared to be. Then again, these are just concept drawings and rarely make it to production.
Sponsored