First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First car was a 1954 Ford Custom, 2 door, Automatic, Flat Head Eight, 6 volt.
I was 16...................a young Buck if ever there was one?
60 years later a Ford will be part of my heritage that started back then!
It pleases me to no end to be part of the Ford Family again!
Mine was a '54 Mercury automatic with tuck and roll, and 60 years later I'm buying a Maverick XLT!
Sponsored

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I'm not in their stated target market. I'm a late 20's single male. The only car I've ever owned is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I love the tacoma, but it's very old and does not do well in any inclement weather.

I'm also way into electric cars, and I want an electric truck. I've been following the Rivian and F-150 lightning, but I couldn't reasonably afford either. When the Mav was announced my path became clear. Buy the hybrid mav, keep it for a couple of years until there's a more affordable full EV truck. Maybe even the mav itself.
Thats exactly what im doing im 26 only ever owned my 2002 Ranger and plan on keeping the maverick till an all electric version of the ranger or Maverick comes out.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I will be 67 when I get my Oxford White Hybrid Lariat Lux. I've owned quite a few trucks in my day. I loved my F150 EcoBoost and really thought about getting that engine in the Maverick. My buddy talked me into purchasing a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid and I fell in love with the 45MPG ever since. We just traded the Avalon for the Lexus ES300h (Hybrid) so when I saw the Maverick came with a Hybrid, decision made.

FYI: I was getting 38MPG in the Avalon Hybrid running 87 Octane gas. I switched to Ethanol Free and have been getting 45-46MPG since. So now with the Lexus I get the same 45-46MPG. Can't go wrong with the Ethanol Free except for price per gallon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 32 now and will be 33 when the truck comes in. Getting the XLT hybrid with the luxury package, no co-pilot 360 (don't really enjoy lane assist. If the xlt offered lane centering like the lariat I'd consider), manual back mirror, and a bed extender. Driving an old Volvo now that I scored a good deal on.

I actually feel like a target demo. Just finished grad school, started my first "good" job, and now I'm looking to get an entry level new car that I can comfortably pay off in 48 months and not be up to my eyeballs in debt. Definitely don't consider myself a "truck guy" as i've lived in the city most of my life, but my first car growing up in the suburbs was a 94 Ranger. I used the hell out of it and made a bunch of side money hauling things or doing dump runs for people. Not gonna do that so much now, but I also am one of those people that has lamented the general super sizing of trucks over the last 15 years.

This truck really fits a lot of demographics because a lot of people could use a cheap efficent truck. But i'm sure their marketing people are targeting young professionals who were looking at Civics or Camrys. You can get a reasonably equipped one of these for under $25k, and mine is OTD priced at $28,200 ($27.5k for the truck and $700 in fees/taxes). That's a pretty damn cheap car in America in 2021! The other car I was considering was a Mazda3 AWD Hatchback, which I liked when I test drove (outside of the AWFUL visibility), but one specd to my liking was $29.5k, which was more than I'm looking to spend. The average price of a new car is over $40,000 now, so I think Ford is hoping this will be a high volume product to compete with compact cars primarily. Like I'm sure Ford will sell a few of the full gas ones with the tow package and AWD, the vast majority of these are gonna be the hybrids.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
56... And my GF is 59... We both want one. I've had a Chevy S10 (my first truck, put 256K miles on it) a Toyota Tacoma. Wore it out in 125K miles. And currently, an 08', F150 XLT supercab. LOVE my F150 and the rediculous stereo system, but it's just not practical, and I never use it to tow anything heavy.

My GF has never owned a truck, but she loves driving mine.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
This is a great thread! 57 and trying to re-live the old days of small cheap trucks. I will admit , though, Turbo and AWD is totally new to me.

Mav_in_MO

First Name
Kohl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
I'm 35, coming from a 2017 Focus ST. I want the driver assistance tech, hybrid mpg, and the bed. I also like the styling of the Maverick.

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
I'm 60, am replacing a Fusion Hybrid I bought new in 2012. Need to be able to haul things from warehouse stores, etc for a food pantry I work at and the Fusion is a bit on the cramped side for that. Was looking to get a small pickup for a while now, and this one seems ideal for my purpose, since still a hybrid and plenty of space in the bed for what I need to haul. I ordered the First Edition, pretty loaded, since I expect to be driving this for the next 10 years or so.
My first car was a 1975 Ford Maverick (similar to the one in my avatar), so this seemed like another reason to buy this truck :)

Last edited:
Sponsored

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer said yesterday, that Maverick sales were either age 20-30 or over 50.

He said that they totally missed the years between 30 to 50.

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can assess this, from this one little thing ? What if you later found out his dealer won a Nobel Peace Prize, and also saved you $500 on your car insurance ? :) lol
Well, someone is an idiot if you take his "totally missed the years between 30 to 50." from a Ford sales guy International polling expert.

UpstateSC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux. Pkg., '16 Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
70 here. Newly retired and this will be our first pickup after several SUV's. Gas mileage and practicality won us over. Lots of safety devices and tremendous value didn't hurt either..... Our hauling will be bicycles, mulch and Home Depot stuff, and (on the back seat) Labrador retrievers. Love that the window to the cab can open for them to look out.
Sponsored