First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
37 and a loaded Lariat will fit my needs well.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
72 here. Always wanted a compact truck but other life realities got in the way. The Maverick has four doors, room for grandkids car seats, a versatile bed to haul projects, and great mpg to boot! Am working up a “presentation “ to get my wife on board with spending the money. Fortunately, used car prices are nuts... my Subaru is worth over $5000 more on trade than it was two months ago, according to Kelley Blue Book!

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same thing when Toyota created the Scion division. All the cars were aimed at young buyers but turns out half were older folks.
Yeah, I remember when I was a teenager my great aunt bought a Scion xB to replace her Lincoln and I was confused about it at the time. Definitely saw more older people driving them than younger people. Now it makes more sense. Good little cars, actually.

Syrinx Priest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500,Jeep Cherokee, Audi A4
57yrs, 5'9" and tired of climbing in and out of my Ram. The exact same thing happened with the Honda Element. Marketed heavily to young adventure crowd and couldnt make enough of them for the old adventure/grocery hauler crowd. You would think that someone would step up and remind them that young people dont have any money yet.......

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
57yrs, 5'9" and tired of climbing in and out of my Ram. The exact same thing happened with the Honda Element. Marketed heavily to young adventure crowd and couldnt make enough of them for the old adventure/grocery hauler crowd. You would think that someone would step up and remind them that young people dont have any money yet.......
Someone could also remind them that inside most every old person is the mind of a young person 😁

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
63 y/o and getting Mav XL with 2.0 AWD and a few extras. With outdoor hobbies (horses for her, motorcycles for me, camping for both) and frequent need to haul larger stuff for projects, home & garden, dump runs, etc. we've always had a full size truck with good sized bed and towing capability. We sold our 1989 Chevy 3/4 ton (had it since 1990) and bought a new 2018 Ford F-150. It's a Sport model with no fancy wheels or off road packages to raise it up- but still has step in height too high for our comfort in most cases. Just wanted something newer with warranty we could drive worry free for many years and we added many modern features and capabilities- but not TOO much. You know the electronics are more and more invasive all the time and it's only a matter of time until gov't will be charging us by the mile as well as driving habits, etc. so we got a vehicle w/o the advanced monitoring and NA V-8 while we still could.

My 2013 Jeep GC is a keeper until it won't run anymore or ICE engines banned (only has 53k on it) and wife's 2014 Outback is same thing, but I still have tons of uses for a small pickup with lower step in height and all weather capabilities as we live in CO and weather is weird. My Maverick will be the Daily Driver as well as budget trip vehicle and able to pull my 2000lb toybox easily, while we leave the F-150 for the heavy duty stuff. Since licensed to drive in 1974 I've owned 1972 Chevy LUV, 1975 LUV, 1964 Ford Ranchero, 1970 Datsun 1200, 1987 Ranger XL, 1993 Ranger XL, 1973 Ranchero, 2000 Ranger XLT, 2006 Ranger XLT Sport and now it's time to own 1 more smaller truck to finish out the cycle of life :cool:

tenpaiyomi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Fit, '03 Honda S2000
34 years old. This will be my first truck, I've always generally been a car guy, then bought a house and realized how many things won't fit in a midsize and are wider than 4'. I've been thinking of a truck for a while, but also wanted something that was general decent on gas. Heard about the Maverick on the 8th, placed an order on the 9th.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
34 years old. This will be my first truck, I've always generally been a car guy, then bought a house and realized how many things won't fit in a midsize and are wider than 4'. I've been thinking of a truck for a while, but also wanted something that was general decent on gas. Heard about the Maverick on the 8th, placed an order on the 9th.
Hey, another 30s person!
Yes, first truck here as well. I couldn’t justify the full size pickup, poor gas mileage, and the fact that it’s just me and my husband and the truck would be empty most of the time. This is a good trade off for the (arguably limited) utility it provides. It just checks the boxes for us and makes sense.