Sponsored

What is the age demographic of most buyers?

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all I know that Ford was marketing to younger first time buyers but I'm curious.
Reading so many of these reviews I feel like a lot of us are in our 50s wonder what the current demographics is for most of the buyers. I think younger buyers in 20s might be interested. I think a lot of older guys are interested ( as we remember how awesome small trucks were in the 80s ) Who else are really buying these trucks? I don't think soccer moms?
I forgot how old I am, but when I fart, dust comes out....
Sponsored

StephenK_I

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Tremor 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m turning 35 in May and I put in an order for a 24 XLT Maverick with the Tremor package in December 2023. I’m a first time new car buyer. What appealed to me about the Maverick specifically the Tremor was the price and the fact that it fits my lifestyle. I live and work in a city but on the weekends I’m often camping in the outdoors or rock climbing outside. I chose the Maverick Tremor because it’s a lot more basic as far as features go than the Bronco Sport but has the same drive train as the Badlands for around 10k less. I don't necessarily need a super capable off road vehicle like a regular Bronco but something that could get me through most if not all the trails I'll find myself on. I ruled out Subaru's Wilderness models because they come with CVTs and those are way less than ideal off road despite what Subaru may try to tell you. The Maverick Tremor fits the bill for me.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in my mid 20's. Seems like everyone my age hates the Maverick because it's not a big truck... But this is also coming from the people that I don't even see them use their bed
i'll be 70yrs young this year and just LOVE my '23 lariat!
Sponsored