Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nov.

Maybe it’ll get here in time for my birthday.

Live in hope or die in despair. 😊

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
57yrs, 5'9" and tired of climbing in and out of my Ram. The exact same thing happened with the Honda Element. Marketed heavily to young adventure crowd and couldnt make enough of them for the old adventure/grocery hauler crowd. You would think that someone would step up and remind them that young people dont have any money yet.......
The Honda Element was also a BIG DEAL with the dog sports crowd -- agility, etc. I was an auto reviewer at the time for a site called DogCars.com, evaluating cars for their usefulness to serious dog owners, and we gave the Element the DogCar of the Year Award.

Honda lapped it up, and put up stand-ups in the dealerships to crow about it.

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
63, and I've been waiting for YEARS for a compact truck like my old Ford Ranger. Good thing I have my late father's '94 Chevy Stepside for my feed store runs, because you can't get much hay in a Honda CR-V.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given the available colors and base price, definitely targeting younger buyers. That said this 62 year old man is getting a hybrid XLT to flat tow behind my motorhome (in old man silver).

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Honda Element was also a BIG DEAL with the dog sports crowd -- agility, etc. I was an auto reviewer at the time for a site called DogCars.com, evaluating cars for their usefulness to serious dog owners, and we gave the Element the DogCar of the Year Award.

Honda lapped it up, and put up stand-ups in the dealerships to crow about it.
I've owned an element 3 different times over the years - loved it! Honda could have made it into something more, but chose to stick with the lower trim/specs and the pool of buyers dried up - not enough innovation to warrant an upgrade, and everyone who liked it already owned one. By the time it was time to upgrade, the Element was just a slightly boxier SUV - it had lost its unique appeal.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given the available colors and base price, definitely targeting younger buyers. That said this 62 year old man is getting a hybrid XLT to flat tow behind my motorhome (in old man silver).
Sorry to be a downer this morning, but you better check that flat towing idea.

I have read several threads that seem to indicate Flat Towing is not an option on several of not all of the offered configurations.

Don’t take this as gosp, but I would recommend you verify that.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
Sorry to be a downer this morning, but you better check that flat towing idea.

I have read several threads that seem to indicate Flat Towing is not an option on several of not all of the offered configurations.

Don’t take this as gosp, but I would recommend you verify that.
If I recall correctly, I believe the 2.0L with the 8 speed auto can't be flat towed, but the hybrid can. I'd be lying if I said I understood the reason exactly, I'm not too mechanically practiced, but I think it is something to do with the transmission. There was a promotional pamphlet with a lot of the Maverick's specs on it that listed which ones could be flat towed.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I recall correctly, I believe the 2.0L with the 8 speed auto can't be flat towed, but the hybrid can. I'd be lying if I said I understood the reason exactly, I'm not too mechanically practiced, but I think it is something to do with the transmission. There was a promotional pamphlet with a lot of the Maverick's specs on it that listed which ones could be flat towed.
Correct. The Hybrid had some limitations, like 70mph and you had to stop every so often to start it (presumably to get lubrication to eCVT)

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
56. Buying it because it is small, agile, fun, and economical enough take long weekend drives through the mountains, yet practical enough to tow a utility trailer. The design thought put into practical items like storage and utility was a strong allure. I don't need too many creature comforts, but I did opt for the Lariat for the B&O, as it will give me a better path to upgrade the audio.
Went out on a limb and chose something other than black, white, or grey too.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
(y)

Prevok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
36, coming from a Wrangler JL. Looking for a better ride, less road noise and more utiliy. The house needs some work and a pickup will serve better and should offer better fuel economy, even with the upgraded engine. I do not want something tons larger or longer than my Wrangler. Turns out it's slightly longer and a tad narrower :)

Waiting for second year though, to see what kind of issues it'll have and hoping for Sync 4 then.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Soon to be 60 (Sept.) not their demographic but I was not in Honda's demographic when I bought the Element. Seems like a bunch of ex Element owners are on this forum. I bet they, like me have been wanting something as practical as their element. Looks like Ford finally saw the light and built something that fits in a garage, is affordable and has awesome fuel mileage. I ordered the XLT with lux package with a couple more options and it is only four thousand more than I paid for my 06 Element in 2006.

I cant wait to get my truck!!!

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
25, just getting out of the military in September coming back from Oki and the used market in the US is absurd. For the price of what I want and need, a Maverick specced how I want it vs compromising on used vehicles, I might as well put up the extra scratch on something that I intend to run into the ground over the next decade until full electrics/cleaner fuel infrastructure becomes more advanced and commonplace.
Sponsored