Maverick Hybrid questions from potential buyer

ITguy

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
I am very interested in the Maverick hybrid and would like to know if anyone out there has that model and used it in the snow?
How did the truck perform?
Was it sluggish going up hills in the snow?

I live in central Illinois and the amount of snow we receive each winter varies.
I do commute for work and would like to know if it would be good to have FWD or AWD.
Currently my vehicle has AWD and does great.
I like that the Maverick hybrid has great MPGs.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think as long as you upgrade to some 3 peak tires you will be ok. There are some YouTube videos of the hybrid playing in the snow.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i live in New England and I'm a skier. I have never owned an AWD vehicle. FWD and proper winter tires (3 peak rated) and I have been doing just fine even when AWD vehicles with all season tires were off in the ditch!

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The feeling of only having FWD is always on your mind even in a hilly grassy area. I live in Indiana and there is a couple times during the winter months that it’s a must for AWD.
The snow and ice is one and if needed other times. I have pulled bushes out with AWD multiple times.
With all the electric vehicles coming soon I’m hoping gas prices will drop with less usage of it. 🤞🏻

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am very interested in the Maverick hybrid and would like to know if anyone out there has that model and used it in the snow?

I live in central Illinois and the amount of snow we receive each winter varies.
I do commute for work and would like to know if it would be good to have FWD or AWD.
i live in New England and I'm a skier. I have never owned an AWD vehicle. FWD and proper winter tires (3 peak rated) and I have been doing just fine even when AWD vehicles with all season tires were off in the ditch!
I live in Northern Illinois closer to Wisconsin and get lots of snow. FWD is plenty good unless you're way off the beaten path. I have a FWD Buick now and it does great with commuting and general driving all over. Much prefer the cost savings and better fuel economy over AWD. I'm considering snow tires for a couple of months in the winter.

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just remember, currently the hybrid does not come with AWD. Maybe in the future, but not now.

OP
OP

ITguy

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
I believe I've narrowed it down to getting the Hybrid, but not sure about trim. I can go basic as much as possible and get the XL or get the Lariat and still be under $30,000.
One thing I don't like is the interior of the Lariat. The XLT is better and I might go that route.
Not sure if I will be using cruise control a lot though.

Deleted member 1483

I believe I've narrowed it down to getting the Hybrid, but not sure about trim. I can go basic as much as possible and get the XL or get the Lariat and still be under $30,000.
One thing I don't like is the interior of the Lariat. The XLT is better and I might go that route.
XLT. The black door handles (not color matched). Graphite wheels. Cruise control. The cool orange highlights. Rear bed cubby and extra tie downs.

It's worth it.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT. I won't be using cruise a lot either, but its there should I want it. I too didn't like the Lariat interior. I liked the splash of color the XLT interior provided.

Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I'm not worried about snow in my hybrid. I will be getting good snow tires.

I went with XLT Lux package. Lux package is sweet. You would probably be happy with it over a Lariat without LUX.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My family lives in central IL and I live in WI now. The hybrid will be totally fine for your needs. Unless you are offroading or something wild. But in that case you would already know you need awd. Even with the stock tires I never felt sluggish going up steepish hills or driveways. Even some very mild off pavement action into some snowy fields and whatnot. Though of course it was always well within the capabilities of the fwd. I never pushed it. I don't know of anywhere in central IL where you will push past those limits tbh. I plan on putting Cross Climate 2s on for next winter and it will be a beast for my needs. Been loving mine since january. 10/10 would recommend.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT. The black door handles (not color matched). Graphite wheels. Cruise control. The cool orange highlights. Rear bed cubby and extra tie downs.

It's worth it.
Hard agree. Was originally going to go super cheap but since my old car had so much value i upgraded. Very glad I did. Lux package is nice but not really needed imo.

Deleted member 1483

Hard agree. Was originally going to go super cheap but since my old car had so much value i upgraded. Very glad I did. Lux package is nice but not really needed imo.
I have no lux, no copilot. Added spray in, tonneau, and inverter. It's perfect.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no lux, no copilot. Added spray in, tonneau, and inverter. It's perfect.
Love the CP360 in mine but I get that it's a personal thing. Only other options were the hitch and inverter. Have since added the oem tonneau I got for a deal and the bed mat. Will probably get the bed sprayed in a few years but I really dont do anything that will beat it up.
Sponsored