Sponsored

Age of targeted Maverick Buyer

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL
31 here and this will be my first new vehicle. Actually, this'll be my first vehicle under 100k miles. I've had a number of trucks, but with a baby on the way, something safe and reliable that fits a baby seat will be perfect. I need to carry 4x8 sheets somewhat regularly, so the tailgate/bed flexibility is a big selling point to me, and I love the small overall size.

Used truck prices are insane right now (just not worth it for most used options I see), so I'm happy to have this option! Like Douglas mentioned above, it's also encouraging to be able to buy new without spending $35k+ for a simple vehicle that just has the basic features I'm looking for.
Sponsored

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
It would be interesting to know who the first time truck buyers are. That is the target audience and I'd think more first time truck buyers in the 20 and 30 age range.
I'm late 20's, and this will be my first truck. I have a lot of friends around the same age, and if they didn't have a white-collar job, the pandemic really messed their employment situations up. Even if they have some savings as things reopen, they're not going to go out and buy a truck. The timing is off, and I suspect things might change with the 2023 model year

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
52 here, had many trucks, My current line up is 65 Mustang Fastback, 96 F150 4x4 and my save the planet car Toyota Corolla Hybrid, and 2021 Yamaha R3, I just sold the toyota and will drive my other stuff till my Hybrid Maverick comes in.

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered one and am 33. Bought a new Focus Hatchback (manual) for way under sticker back in 2013 when i was out of school and 12k was all I could afford. It has hauled WAY more than a focus ought to (entertainment centers, chairs, tables, ladders, kayaks, plywood, 2x, etc) so I figure I probably need a truck. Like others have said, the used market is nuts. Can't find anything remotely close to the XL price with its stats with under 150,000 miles, and I figure I will keep this for 10 years (like I did my focus), so I am pushing forward with it.

Sponsored

potensh1sttruck

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330Ci
Just ordered a hybrid XLT, 23 here and this would be my first new car. Currently driving a 2002 BMW 330Ci that I don't plan on selling, just keeping it for pleasure drives while saving money on gas and oil. The Maverick makes too much sense financially and utility-wise, don't want an SUV like everyone else and can't beat the gas mileage on this for the price.

Last edited:

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm telling ya it's the perfect retiree gardening and visit the grandkids vehicle.
That makes absolutely perfect sense to me. I almost ordered one but one day last week, at the end of another compost dump run, I looked at the mud on the vinyl floor of my 2006 Ranger and thought I'd go nuts if it were a brand new vehicle...

But if Gas continues to go up, I may get the hybrid Maverick. We could use the MPG on the 45 mile PA Turnpike runs to see grandkids. What with higher gas prices and Turnpike fees going up it is becoming very $$$.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was considering the XL but felt like I would be unhapppy owning a 2022 vehicle with no cruise control
Yeh...I love my 2006 Ranger but the lack of cruise is a real pain. Literally. Keeping my foot on the accelerator just activates my bad disc and I get pain in my calf. Ouch
But the XLT isn't that expensive at all...

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 62 and this will be my 1st pickup. I have been using inside of my SUVs to haul things to the dump, getting lumber/supplies from home improvement stores, moving rental equipment, etc. A small pickup is made for these types uses, not a SUV!

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
68 y.o., looking at a Maverick Hybrid as possible replacement for current FWD CR-V. I've owned 1/2 ton and 3/4 trucks since 1976, still have a 2018 2wd F150, might dump it if the Maverick proves capable enough. Life situation changed a few years ago (spouse stroke), moved from rural to city, very little highway driving for me now, a Hybrid with around 1500# payload that can pull my aluminum utility trailer infrequently at a mid-$20's price point looks good. Don't live in snow country so AWD definitely a 'want' not a need. If I trip the trigger will be for a base XLT with sliding rear window and 4-pin trailer hitch receiver.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pushing 50 and it'll be my first truck too.

Last edited:

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
I am 58, I have been driving my 01 Ranger for 20 years waiting for an option that is this size. Bonuses: Hybrid with all the modern safety and convenience features

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
64 here...Looking for my last truck purchase

BretMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Forester, Audi A5 Cabriolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be 73 when I get my velocity blue Lariat. It will replace my 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I am getting too old lifting 4 x8 sheets of sheet rock onto the top of the Jeep..
Sponsored