First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Likely a question for someone who works at a dealership, but can you even change the trim? I know you can add/remove the lux package and you can now change drivetrains. But maybe the reason they don't list trims specifically is because they can't be changed anyway.

The alternative is the order ratio is not too far off for Ford to make a deal about it.
Sponsored

17riemc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid Moonroof CoPilot360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likely a question for someone who works at a dealership, but can you even change the trim? I know you can add/remove the lux package and you can now change drivetrains. But maybe the reason they don't list trims specifically is because they can't be changed anyway.

The alternative is the order ratio is not too far off for Ford to make a deal about it.
You can change the trim as well. I swapped my XL Hybrid out to a XLT EB in mid December. Added Lux Pack as well. Didn't have any issue with that.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This does not explain why I dont have my Tremor. I dropped the splash guards so come on Ford buold Tremors.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes total sense, as it says "current orders" 🕵️‍♂️

I am just going to wait for Ford to get desperate enough to really push hard on switchovers, if not, I don't mind waiting.
I don’t think they really care if you switch or not. They will just not build half of the hybrid orders and ship the unordered Ecoboost to the dealers for stock. I switched and got scheduled in a week after waiting 15 months on a hybrid. I realized I only drive about 5,000 miles a year anyway. I wish they would have let me switch a year ago.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This does not explain why I dont have my Tremor. I dropped the splash guards so come on Ford buold Tremors.
Looks like you been waiting awhile.... Dealer Allocation ???

Sponsored

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think they really care if you switch or not. They will just not build half of the hybrid orders and ship the unordered Ecoboost to the dealers for stock. I switched and got scheduled in a week after waiting 15 months on a hybrid. I realized I only drive about 5,000 miles a year anyway. I wish they would have let me switch a year ago.
Agreed. Ford made it clear very early on there will be no rollovers or transition offers this year. They will just keep building the Ecoboost whether people switch or not.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. Ford made it clear very early on there will be no rollovers or transition offers this year. They will just keep building the Ecoboost whether people switch or not.
Unless something changes, unfortunately you may be accurate, a lot of folks not gonna be happy and will have to start from scratch again in MY24 if they choose. Ford needs to increase their production needs with suppliers and their sales plan, but I'm not sold that they really want to produce more hybrids in this vehicle, don't know why - but this is just all my speculation/opinion.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally agree with you. Or worse yet, release the AWD hybrid version. The only reason I would consider the EB is for AWD đź’€
what AWD hybrid version? they can't even make all the trim levels now and added Tremor for 2023. Can't see them complicating things further at this point.

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what AWD hybrid version? they can't even make all the trim levels now and added Tremor for 2023. Can't see them complicating things further at this point.
I don’t know what to believe or expect from Ford anymore lol

oskio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion SE, 21 Honda Pilot Special Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, my order is now officially a year old. Rollover to a '23 but still not built. The only constraint I have on that list is the trailer tow hitch. I'm assuming this is the 4K package. It's crazy to think my order is being held up for a hitch. CRAZY!

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford offers me a -$2000 rebate to switch to EB AWD, I would gladly help ease the constraints :p

Also, wasn't hybrids 72%? How did that increase to 74%? --> Explained by @commadorebob on post #9
The extra cost of the 22 Ecoboost engine was eliminated. The hybrid with a stand alone hitch is the new unicorn.

GAP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fix the hitch constraint. Has to be an interesting story on why supply of wiring and hitch can't be increased.
I suspect they’re building the trims w/ a hitch, but not the add on hitch. But who knows?

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My xl eb is scheduled this week with stand alone hitch.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My xl eb is scheduled this week with stand alone hitch.
Nice, I'm hoping my XL EcoBoost will be built this year but who knows :unsure:

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The extra cost of the 22 Ecoboost engine was eliminated. The hybrid with a stand alone hitch is the new unicorn.
Yes I know. But you are forced to get AWD with a Lariat EB. And the only reason I would do EB is to gain AWD haha
Sponsored