npipe07

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp! After hitting up Ford chat, I got placed on Unscheduled-Material Hold per the chat. Does anyone have insight into that? The chat wouldn't tell me anything else outside of that. I removed all my constraints to get put on hold because of a lack of materials....*sigh* Oh well. @fordvideoguy @Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A great weight (wait) has been lifted from my shoulders.

I ordered a Hybrid XLT Lux 360 with SPLASH GUARDS on August 13, 2021. When I ordered, the dealer told me that the splash guards would constrain my order, to which I responded that I would gladly wait a while because if Ford could not produce SPLASH GUARDS I didn't trust them to produce a reliable Hybrid power system.

When I ordered, I was under the impression that I would receive the order within 6-8 months.

I got a VIN and a scheduled date from Ford by email. Then I got another email from Ford rescheduling to July 24. I did not get the email that moved my order to MY2023.

My local dealer has been great to work with. But they don't know when Ford can produce my order. They did offer to sell me two Eco Mavericks that became available at $5K over MSRP, which I thanked them for, since other dealers were charging $10K over MSRP. I declined because they did not have options that I had to have.

So last week, the wife and I drove 90 miles to the north to a dealer we have bought Ford Trucks from since 1994. We drove up there to make an appointment for August 2nd to place our MY2023 order. The salesman that sold us our 1994 F350 is now the general manager, and the salesman, Ray, that sold us our 2016 F150 met us in the lot when we drove up.

To our surprise, there was an XLT Lux 360 Ecoboost FWD Maverick sitting proudly out front. Even the same color we had ordered, the only option missing was the SPLASH GUARDS! Hey Ray, can you sell us yonder Maverick? Why sure, the guy that ordered it cancelled two hours ago! But they wanted $10K over MSRP. Sorry Ray.

Stopped by the Honda dealer on the way home. They had 5 or 6 Ridgelines on the lot - the least expensive one was $7K over MSRP at $50K. It drove nice but only got 23MPG highway.

Well, on Friday, Ray called back with a price drop and we picked up our new Ecoboost at $7K over MSRP.

What a great vehicle!!! Comfortable, practical, fits in parking spaces that the F150 will not, and runs like a scalded cat. I got 34 MPG on my trip to the beach. No squeaks, rattles or wind noise. It was worth the wait.

I am not sure what we will do with the mythical Hybrid, but we will probably have a while to cogitate.

A card that we found in the owner's manual indicated that the Eco was built on April 24.

I'm going to name her TINA, There Is No Alternative.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A great weight (wait) has been lifted from my shoulders.

I ordered a Hybrid XLT Lux 360 with SPLASH GUARDS on August 13, 2021. When I ordered, the dealer told me that the splash guards would constrain my order, to which I responded that I would gladly wait a while because if Ford could not produce SPLASH GUARDS I didn't trust them to produce a reliable Hybrid power system.

When I ordered, I was under the impression that I would receive the order within 6-8 months.

I got a VIN and a scheduled date from Ford by email. Then I got another email from Ford rescheduling to July 24. I did not get the email that moved my order to MY2023.

My local dealer has been great to work with. But they don't know when Ford can produce my order. They did offer to sell me two Eco Mavericks that became available at $5K over MSRP, which I thanked them for, since other dealers were charging $10K over MSRP. I declined because they did not have options that I had to have.

So last week, the wife and I drove 90 miles to the north to a dealer we have bought Ford Trucks from since 1994. We drove up there to make an appointment for August 2nd to place our MY2023 order. The salesman that sold us our 1994 F350 is now the general manager, and the salesman, Ray, that sold us our 2016 F150 met us in the lot when we drove up.

To our surprise, there was an XLT Lux 360 Ecoboost FWD Maverick sitting proudly out front. Even the same color we had ordered, the only option missing was the SPLASH GUARDS! Hey Ray, can you sell us yonder Maverick? Why sure, the guy that ordered it cancelled two hours ago! But they wanted $10K over MSRP. Sorry Ray.

Stopped by the Honda dealer on the way home. They had 5 or 6 Ridgelines on the lot - the least expensive one was $7K over MSRP at $50K. It drove nice but only got 23MPG highway.

Well, on Friday, Ray called back with a price drop and we picked up our new Ecoboost at $7K over MSRP.

What a great vehicle!!! Comfortable, practical, fits in parking spaces that the F150 will not, and runs like a scalded cat. I got 34 MPG on my trip to the beach. No squeaks, rattles or wind noise. It was worth the wait.

I am not sure what we will do with the mythical Hybrid, but we will probably have a while to cogitate.

A card that we found in the owner's manual indicated that the Eco was built on April 24.

I'm going to name her TINA, There Is No Alternative.
:ROFLMAO:So instead of removing the splashguards and possibly getting your Hybrid XLT that your ordered in AUG 21 and having the dealer install them upon delivery you waited a year to pay a 7k markup on a Eco boost? Stubborn, wow.😭

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:ROFLMAO:So instead of removing the splashguards and possibly getting your Hybrid XLT that your ordered in AUG 21 and having the dealer install them upon delivery you waited a year to pay a 7k markup on a Eco boost? Stubborn, wow.😭
No, I have become concerned about the Hybrid reliability issues, like the wiring harness and battery cooling systems. I don't want to be a beta tester, and that is why I kept the splash guards on. I want to give the Ford engineers time to get ANY issues sorted out so my new Hybrid will be as ultra reliable as the rest of my Fords have been. It seems obvious to me that Ford is having production issues with the Hybrid at this time. I was going to order an Ecoboost anyway, and I am pretty sure that MSRP on the MY2023 Mavericks will be significantly higher. Ford is going to want some of the additional markup that is now going to the dealers.

Before we ordered the Maverick Hybrid, my wife refused to give up her 2001 F150 with 180K miles. She agreed to replace it, after 21 years of ownership, with an Eco Boost.

I feel bad about paying extra, but I just could not wait. I'm sorry.

Sponsored

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Welp! After hitting up Ford chat, I got placed on Unscheduled-Material Hold per the chat. Does anyone have insight into that? The chat wouldn't tell me anything else outside of that. I removed all my constraints to get put on hold because of a lack of materials....*sigh* Oh well. @fordvideoguy @Ford Motor Company
I'm replying to this for visibility- I'm an early September order and also have the same unscheduled-material hold per the chat. It's obvious what this code is, I'm just curious if anyone has any more details on how that process plays out

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I have become concerned about the Hybrid reliability issues, like the wiring harness and battery cooling systems. I don't want to be a beta tester, and that is why I kept the splash guards on. I want to give the Ford engineers time to get ANY issues sorted out so my new Hybrid will be as ultra reliable as the rest of my Fords have been. It seems obvious to me that Ford is having production issues with the Hybrid at this time. I was going to order an Ecoboost anyway, and I am pretty sure that MSRP on the MY2023 Mavericks will be significantly higher. Ford is going to want some of the additional markup that is now going to the dealers.

Before we ordered the Maverick Hybrid, my wife refused to give up her 2001 F150 with 180K miles. She agreed to replace it, after 21 years of ownership, with an Eco Boost.

I feel bad about paying extra, but I just could not wait. I'm sorry.
This is dumb, sorry. For the $7k markup plus $1100 ecoboost engine upcharge (so $8,100 total) you could have replaced the entire hybrid system you didn’t trust AFTER the 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty. That says nothing to the gas you also would have saved during that time.

I usually congratulate folks on their new trucks but in this case I think the congratulations should go to your dealer.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a 3 September XLT Eco order with all the constraints. My email just popped into my inbox with a 1 August build date.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a 3 September XLT Eco order with all the constraints. My email just popped into my inbox with a 1 August build date.
You were probably scheduled 6 weeks ago. Dealerships should give their customers a heads up when scheduled. I found out from ford chat and my salesman still hasn’t called me.

tethermania

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm replying to this for visibility- I'm an early September order and also have the same unscheduled-material hold per the chat. It's obvious what this code is, I'm just curious if anyone has any more details on how that process plays out
Just watched Tim Bartz live stream tonight and he mentioned Hybrid is a constraint. My guess is that is what it will be. I have an XL hybrid with a hold and it has no constraint items.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EcoBoost or Hybrid?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EcoBoost or Hybrid?

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me see if I understand this correctly
Currently announcing 7/18 for builds week of 9/12
Announced 7/11 for builds week of 9/5
These were the post descriptions
Announced 7/4 there would be no builds, but this would have been for 8/29 week, if you follow the pattern.

I called Ford Marketing 7/6, and was given my VIN and 8/29 build week!

Am I to believe? I can only hope and pray that it is built, sometime!
I was given a VIN in May. Until now, it is still not built. The waiting is really killing passions
Sponsored