First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't been able to see if there will be a way to mount a set of tailgate struts to The Maverick, curious if anyone on here has? I'm pretty sure I saw that someone here was going to the Chicago Auto Show, if that's you would you mind checking that out if possible?

They're not necessary, but it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate and let it drop if I've got my hands full, or someone else opens it and drops it.
Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I don’t see why this wouldn’t become available on the aftermarket. There are several for the F150 and the maverick tailgate functions the same way. All they would have to do is get a gas shock that fits the mav.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Ford has a gas assist strut for the Ranger available as an accessory. I would assume the Maverick will be similar.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The aftermarket needs to look at sales and build confidence in Mav. Plus, they also need to measure real production vehicles to build their model. If Mav’s sales are as good as I expected, there will be various accessories on the market at this time in 2022. Five years later, warlords in jungles and deserts will be able to buy Mav-specific heavy machine gun mounts :cool:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has a gas assist strut for the Ranger available as an accessory. I would assume the Maverick will be similar.
Yes, I installed it on my ranger - I have watched videos and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be a straight swap. With that said, I would expect there will be one available at some point, probably early 2022.

Sponsored

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
The aftermarket needs to look at sales and build confidence in Mav. Plus, they also need to measure real production vehicles to build their model. If Mav’s sales are as good as I expected, there will be various accessories on the market at this time in 2022. Five years later, warlords in jungles and deserts will be able to buy Mav-specific heavy machine gun mounts :cool:
dont know if I can wait that long to mount my Vulcan.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Haven't been able to see if there will be a way to mount a set of tailgate struts to The Maverick, curious if anyone on here has? I'm pretty sure I saw that someone here was going to the Chicago Auto Show, if that's you would you mind checking that out if possible?

They're not necessary, but it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate and let it drop if I've got my hands full, or someone else opens it and drops it.
Can't find the original thread but someone posted this video here before:

Tailgate Damper install

We'll probably have to wait for the official Maverick sized one, but it looks like only one on the driver's side gets the job done. I'm definitely in for one!

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I don’t think we will have to wait until this time next year to get some of the basic mods for these trucks. WT already has liners available. Husky said they will have them out in the Fall. AVS will have vent visors in the Fall. Companies are already selling tonneau covers. And I bet Dee Zee will have a tailgate dampener on the market ASAP.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If its like my 20 Ranger tailgate which was very light to operate I am not sure struts are needed.
I'd still say it is easily the #1 best aftermarket part to get! I can't imagine going back to having to hand hold the tailgate every time I open it - being able to just pop it and let it drop on its own makes it so much easier. Best $20-30 I spent on my Ranger (ok, that and $15 for the stubby antenna...)

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife would love this add on

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

teebandit2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4 xlt 4k tow 360 copilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

someone asked the trainer when we went to see one in person about the tailgate assist and he said they would work on the maverick I think the only issue I believe was you couldn't do like the different positions was all .. where you can unhook the cables and move it to the half down slot was all

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has them already on the accessories site
Sponsored