First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This doesn’t seem needed, at least for me. My Maverick tailgate is so light.
Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The aftermarket needs to look at sales and build confidence in Mav. Plus, they also need to measure real production vehicles to build their model. If Mav’s sales are as good as I expected, there will be various accessories on the market at this time in 2022. Five years later, warlords in jungles and deserts will be able to buy Mav-specific heavy machine gun mounts :cool:
It will be hard to replace Toyota in that market segment.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious, why would it affect the ability to change tailgate height?
It blocks the second place where you put the cable on one side- there was a video on one site of it I will try to relocate

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Haven't been able to see if there will be a way to mount a set of tailgate struts to The Maverick, curious if anyone on here has? I'm pretty sure I saw that someone here was going to the Chicago Auto Show, if that's you would you mind checking that out if possible?

They're not necessary, but it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate and let it drop if I've got my hands full, or someone else opens it and drops it.
Ford's option is available now, made by DeeZee. You only need one.
VNZ6Z-99406A10-A
Ford has the exclusive on it for now, so no aftermarket until next year some time. But it's not a bad buy right now $40 at some dealers online.

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It blocks the second place where you put the cable on one side- there was a video on one site of it I will try to relocate
I'm still not seeing it. The second place where you put the cable it up higher than where it connected in this photo. How can it be blocked by this strut being on the lower tailgate connection. I want one but hesitating on ordering it because of negative comments. Can some take a photo to show how it won't work. I just can't see it. Please someone educate me and cure my ignorance.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist Struts 1633042077467

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still not seeing it. The second place where you put the cable it up higher than where it connected in this photo. How can it be blocked by this strut being on the lower tailgate connection. I want one but hesitating on ordering it because of negative comments. Can some take a photo to show how it won't work. I just can't see it. Please someone educate me and cure my ignorance.

1633042077467.png
It shouldn't block the upper cable point so tailgate should be able to tip. I believe the lower end of the strut does mount where that sides bottle opener/tie down point was.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the strut also limit how fast you can *close* the tailgate?

1633042077467.png
You have the same conclusion as myself. The other connection is higher so there is no way the strut is affecting that. If the mount is as shown in picture you can see disconnecting cable is easily doable as would moving it higher.

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have the same conclusion as myself. The other connection is higher so there is no way the strut is affecting that. If the mount is as shown in picture you can see disconnecting cable is easily doable as would moving it higher.
The block was in reference to the video strut that was directly over the cable preventing it. This pictured one is different.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The block was in reference to the video strut that was directly over the cable preventing it. This pictured one is different.
Correct, it is different, but also is suppose to be the design for the Maverick. Someone who has already bought one could confirm this is the bracket included.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got one at ford acce. $45

Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct, it is different, but also is suppose to be the design for the Maverick. Someone who hasfee already bought one could confirm this is the bracket included.
I'm feeling like TCK who is claiming it doesn't work should "show" us and confirm it doesn't work. Think I'll order one myself. I'm also not thinking Ford is selling a part that doesn't fit.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't find the original thread but someone posted this video here before:

Tailgate Damper install

We'll probably have to wait for the official Maverick sized one, but it looks like only one on the driver's side gets the job done. I'm definitely in for one!
Wonderful tip

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Only thing is the tie down / bottle opener hits the strut. I see no way for both to occupy the same space. Plus I will need that tie down for hauling plywood and Mustang parts.

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think for this it's more unlatch and let the tailgate go and have it softly open.
I have one on my Chevy Avalanche but that thing weighs a TON. I just drove the Mav and open the tailgate and don’t see a reason for one and I’m in my 70’s

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only thing is the tie down / bottle opener hits the strut. I see no way for both to occupy the same space. Plus I will need that tie down for hauling plywood and Mustang parts.
You will have 2 threaded holes from the bottle opener removal . The one on top should allow some form of tie down to be installed with out interfering with the damper.
Sponsored