First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it was one of the first things I did. Is it useful??? Not particularly except it gives you a more elegant tailgate open. Certainly not as useful as a powered closing but it’s still cool watching it open😁.
This was the first thing I put on the Maverick the day after it arrived. I picked one up off Craigslist for less than the Amazon one.

I just like the way it slows down the drop at the end of the stroke. It kind of looks like a powered tailgate but it is not. I also generally have both hands full of tools or a bucket of tools when I walk up to the tailgate. So all I need is one finger to open the latch then I stand back a step and wait for it to come to a rest. Then I can dump my stuff in and close it all up. I don't need to stop, drop, and open the tailgate then have to pick up the tools from under it to pack them in.

I do like it and wish I had put one on the Ranger long ago but I have sold that truck once I got the Maverick.
Sponsored

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody get this installed? Is it useful?
EB8D0DD0-D391-42AF-9C4C-E21132EEE951.jpeg
I think it is fantastic. I want to keep my truck for a while. I hate when things slam down and for what $30, this works great. I also put the hood struts on my hood. Now I do not have to use that stupid rod to hold my hood up. I got it from MRT, one of our sponsors. When you get to be 70 years old it is nice to have an assist from something. Much more useful than Ford Co-Pilot 360 that just shakes the steering wheel once in a while.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it is fantastic. I want to keep my truck for a while. I hate when things slam down and for what $30, this works great. I also put the hood struts on my hood. Now I do not have to use that stupid rod to hold my hood up. I got it from MRT, one of our sponsors. When you get to be 70 years old it is nice to have an assist from something. Much more useful than Ford Co-Pilot 360 that just shakes the steering wheel once in a while.

I did the hood struts as the second mod to the truck because I hate that rod thing. I have found that at times those struts push up on the hood and latch the safety latch and then you have to go pull on the cable release a few times. Might even need another person to push slightly on the hood to keep it down off the latch.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did the hood struts as the second mod to the truck because I hate that rod thing. I have found that at times those struts push up on the hood and latch the safety latch and then you have to go pull on the cable release a few times. Might even need another person to push slightly on the hood to keep it down off the latch.
I’ve also noticed that my hood has problems since I did the hood struts. I’m wondering if I took one off if that would help.

Sponsored

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did hood struts on my Ranger and it's been fine... I didn't do the hood struts on the Maverick as I've read that people have had issues with them. When someone perfects it, I'll do them... But I don't want to be the person to fix the issue. I've got enough projects.

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the tailgate assist before I had the Maverick. One tie, before install, I had groceries in on hand and opened the tailgate with the other. The tailgate slipped and banged down. I didn't like that.
On the other hand, I frequently find myself a little impatient when I open the tailgate and have to wait for it to go down fully. :rolleyes:
Sponsored