n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford overall sales Mar 21 to Mar 22 are horrendous!
Sponsored

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too thought the most interesting thing here is the Mav outselling the Ranger. I won't be surprised if that trend continues, and wonder how Ford will feel about the Maverick cannibalizing the Ranger because people would just rather have the value and practicality of the Maverick, even though they probably "sometimes" wish they had a Ranger.

IMO, in a typical year, the average driver will be happier with a Maverick 340 days and maybe wish they had the Ranger the other 25 days. Now, imagine buying a Ranger and wishing you had a Maverick 340 days a year...
It could also be that next gen Ranger is just around the corner. Why order last years when new years is soon.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too thought the most interesting thing here is the Mav outselling the Ranger. I won't be surprised if that trend continues, and wonder how Ford will feel about the Maverick cannibalizing the Ranger because people would just rather have the value and practicality of the Maverick, even though they probably "sometimes" wish they had a Ranger.

IMO, in a typical year, the average driver will be happier with a Maverick 340 days and maybe wish they had the Ranger the other 25 days. Now, imagine buying a Ranger and wishing you had a Maverick 340 days a year...
I don't think Ford minds too much - at this point the new Ranger 2023 update is likely the biggest culprit in lowering the sales volume there. That and it was brought to the US on the tail end of its lifecycle to begin with, sales have never been what they could have if they coincided the refresh with bringing it back in 2019 (source - me, former 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 owner).

In 2019 they couldn't GIVE the Rangers away. I bought mine December 2019 at 23% below MSRP before TTL. Sales finally picked up over the last 18 months but the first year of sales was slog for the re-introduced Ranger.

FrankS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FOCUS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to know the sales numbers however does not directly help me out. My maverick has been on back order for over 7 months. No indication when I will receive the production notice. The last update was a joke basically saying nothing had changed

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see a new Maverick on the road. At only 19,000 sales nationwide. That could explain not seeing them on the road. The only real place I want to see a new Maverick is in my driveway.
I got my Mav on March 31. Before this, I had only seen 2 out in the wild. 1 was in a mall parking lot and I drove past another at an intersection.
The day I got my Mav, I saw 2 others on the road. My wife loves when I point them out. 😁

Sponsored

FrankS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FOCUS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious why you think this comparison is bogus? I am not trying to be inflammatory, I genuinely would like to understand your argument here. Your own points make the case that Tesla being under 10 years old producing electric vehicles has nearly beat Ford a 118 years old car manufacturer. Tesla's 2022 1st quarter beat their 2021 1st quarter numbers by 68%. a 68% increase in production for 1st quarter year over year. As of this a.m. no other major manufacturer has a year over year increase in production but Tesla. Tesla's actual 1st quarter production number is 310,000 units vs Ford 412,000. Tesla has 2 new production facilities coming online during the next quarter inc a Texas facility. Second quarter production numbers could easily beat Ford.

I do not believe that Ford's problems w the Bronco, Maverick and Lightning have solely to do w chip shortages. Why isn't tesla dealing w those issues, they just posted a 68% increase in production units from 2021 to 2022. Other manufacturers production are down too but nowhere near the deal Ford is seeing. Something else is kinking up the pipeline.
Lucky you xlt was ordered a month before yours still no information

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think Ford minds too much - at this point the new Ranger 2023 update is likely the biggest culprit in lowering the sales volume there. That and it was brought to the US on the tail end of its lifecycle to begin with, sales have never been what they could have if they coincided the refresh with bringing it back in 2019 (source - me, former 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 owner).

In 2019 they couldn't GIVE the Rangers away. I bought mine December 2019 at 23% below MSRP before TTL. Sales finally picked up over the last 18 months but the first year of sales was slog for the re-introduced Ranger.
I would have loved a Ranger when they were reintroduced, but the intro price was too high, IMO. I had a 2009 ranger which I paid 14K for, brand new. When the new Rangers came out, it was a bit of sticker shock with a significant price change. For the price of a Ranger, an F-150 is likely a better choice.

fordtoughwait

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Under MSRP.. The good old days. You timing was good!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s the deal with the production emails on Thursdays? Ae they not doing them anymore?
They are not. Only going to get an email when the actual build DAY is assigned. That was last weeks news.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Under MSRP.. The good old days. You timing was good!
Sure was! Bought my Mav from Granger for 3% below invoice plus another $750 incentive from Ford. Sold my Ranger to Carmax for 6.5% below its original MSRP...yes I came out in a great spot on both ends (y)

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure was! Bought my Mav from Granger for 3% below invoice plus another $750 incentive from Ford. Sold my Ranger to Carmax for 6.5% below its original MSRP...yes I came out in a great spot on both ends (y)
lol....I can relate.....I thought I was pretty smart selling my '18 F150 last summer for $9K more than I paid for it, thinking I could grab a new Mav this past winter.....part B isn't working out so well so far.

Had I had a crystal ball, would've just kept the F150. :ROFLMAO:

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
It's really a shame they're not posting production numbers, but I assume this is because they've had so many plant shutdowns that the overall (Ford-wide) production numbers are considerably lower than last year.

Great to see the big jump over Feb Maverick sales. The 19,245 so far this year makes a grand total of 43,053 Mavs delivered.

On the flip side, although they were able to deliver over 8k in March, it's clear that the supply chain issues are still an issue, as they only planned for 5400 scheduling allocations during March (for builds in the May timeframe). This suggests the May build output will be in that 5400 range, so that will be for sales in the late June/early July timeframe.

Hopefully this week we find out how many allocations they plan for April (for builds in June, delivery in Aug-Sep).
Ordered 8-29-21. XL hybrid, 360, no sibl. Build date week of 5-2-22.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Lucky you xlt was ordered a month before yours still no information
Well until we sign off and get the keys and walk out I won't believe it! Our p.o.s. dealer tried to sell the order out from under us back on Feb 15, salesman left vmail (in my post history). I set him straight. Dealership has given me zero info, not 1 call or email. I called Ford for my VIN# and after chewing out the salesman (and making him cry 💪🏼) he sent me the internal live spreadsheet w orders that I have gotten my railcar # from. Considering some of the issues posted here, until we walk out w the truck, I am not going to say we are lucky.

Koolerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Just wanted to say Gratz to all of the folks who have received their Mavericks. Is it just me or ordering the hybrid option was more or less a kiss of death in terms of getting one built, unless I order a watered down model with no options. Ford delayed the build for the most part in beginning due to lack of EPA rating...then went full 2.0 gas option to get some orders out the door. So what good did it do to order a hybrid model in June as I did, if they were never going to build them as they were ordered. When I go to any restaurant to eat...I get waited on and served based on when I arrived....simple! Same at any store to buy product....get in line and wait my turn...simple! At Ford it's based on what the hell you order and if they feel like building it. I could buy any GM product with gas engine or 4x4 option ....Colorado, Canyon, etc. I ordered hybrid XLT dlx. Pkg. with co-pilot 360 and a set of carpet mats. As of this writing I have no build date ...but hey they offered me a free Fits Pkg. for my trouble. It's clearly a Fuck You company and seems to be the way most people act to others nowadays. Enjoy your summer!!

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to say Gratz to all of the folks who have received their Mavericks. Is it just me or ordering the hybrid option was more or less a kiss of death in terms of getting one built, unless I order a watered down model with no options. Ford delayed the build for the most part in beginning due to lack of EPA rating...then went full 2.0 gas option to get some orders out the door. So what good did it do to order a hybrid model in June as I did, if they were never going to build them as they were ordered. When I go to any restaurant to eat...I get waited on and served based on when I arrived....simple! Same at any store to buy product....get in line and wait my turn...simple! At Ford it's based on what the hell you order and if they feel like building it. I could buy any GM product with gas engine or 4x4 option ....Colorado, Canyon, etc. I ordered hybrid XLT dlx. Pkg. with co-pilot 360 and a set of carpet mats. As of this writing I have no build date ...but hey they offered me a free Fits Pkg. for my trouble. It's clearly a Fuck You company and seems to be the way most people act to others nowadays. Enjoy your summer!!
You mad, bro?
Sponsored