KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have yet to see a new Maverick on the road. At only 19,000 sales nationwide. That could explain not seeing them on the road. The only real place I want to see a new Maverick is in my driveway.
Doesn't seem to be manufacturing them at a high enough rate for us to be seeing them on the road very often yet. I've managed to see 2 though. And my friend says his neighbor has one.
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have yet to see a new Maverick on the road. At only 19,000 sales nationwide. That could explain not seeing them on the road. The only real place I want to see a new Maverick is in my driveway.
I finally 2 on Saturday.
One had the 45 day temp registration sticker, you he hadn’t had that on too long. It was a silver XL.
The other passed me coming the other way on a 45mph road, so didn’t see those details. But it was in Velocity Blue, so I was thrown off seeing that color, on a Mav, for the first time. Can’t wait for my VB; whenever that day comes.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, what a brutal sales report. Chips are just killing Ford. I can't imagine, as a CEO, knowing you have all these hot products people are craving, and you can't build them. 😵

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick March 2022 Sales Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 8,695 Vehicles. Sales (YTD): 19,245 vehicles.
    • March sales represent a +115% increase from February.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 4,061 vehicles (46.7% of 8,695 total Mavericks sold)
  • Maverick is turning on dealer lots in just 4 days (compared to 6 days in February).
  • Ford’s newest vehicles, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E and Maverick, together are conquesting from competitive vehicles at a rate of 62 percent in March.

2022-ford-sales-mar-1.jpg
    2022-ford-sales-mar-2.jpg
Obviously there are many factors that govern sales numbers, but I thought it very interesting the YTD sales for the Maverick (19,245) is out selling the Ranger (17,639) by 1,606.

Be interesting to determine why. Can it be because of price alone?

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's really pathetic. I know Ford won't release the official number of firm orders they have to make, but is has to be at LEAST 100,000. Heck, they already had 100,000 reservations at the end of August last year. So 100,000 firm is a low estimate. Meaning...like myself, a LOT are going to get rolled over to a 2023 if they haven't already. Ford would have to DOUBLE or TRIPLE production each month now through July in order for people to get a 2021 by September. Otherwise...who would even want a 2021 after September when they could just a 2023? In fact, if I wasn't guaranteed to have a Maverick DELIVERED by June, I wouldn't even want a 2021, and rather get rolled over. If I'm going to pay full MSRP for a new car, I don't want half the year to be over.

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pr
Obviously there are many factors that govern sales numbers, but I thought it very interesting the YTD sales for the Maverick (19,245) is out selling the Ranger (17,639) by 1,606.

Be interesting to determine why. Can it be because of price alone?
Price has to be a big factor. I would not be buying a more expensive vehicle under any circumstances. The perceived value of the Mav makes it a compelling choice compared to any other vehicle on the market. Fuel mileage is also a big factor.

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s the deal with the production emails on Thursdays? Ae they not doing them anymore?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, there are more than twice that many on the road, as they sold over 23k last calendar year.

But yeah, still pretty rare! I've only seen three, and one of those was the one I test-drove last October before ordering one!
I've seen 1 -- in my driveway :) + 2 in NYC, 1 additional in my NJ town, + 2 driving on Rt 95 They're out there!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maverick March 2022 Sales Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 8,695 Vehicles. Sales (YTD): 19,245 vehicles.
    • March sales represent a +115% increase from February.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 4,061 vehicles (46.7% of 8,695 total Mavericks sold)
  • Maverick is turning on dealer lots in just 4 days (compared to 6 days in February).
  • Ford’s newest vehicles, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E and Maverick, together are conquesting from competitive vehicles at a rate of 62 percent in March.

2022-ford-sales-mar-1.jpg
    2022-ford-sales-mar-2.jpg
Is there a difference between "sold" and delivered?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pr
Price has to be a big factor. I would not be buying a more expensive vehicle under any circumstances. The perceived value of the Mav makes it a compelling choice compared to any other vehicle on the market. Fuel mileage is also a big factor.
Because overall it's a better vehicle for the use case of the average buyer. It is not a better TRUCK but is is a Better CAR. And it does that at a cheaper price.

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i am in CA, a small county at that and i have seen 6 already driving. on lots ones i have seen like 10+

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
STOP with this bogus comparison already will ya? Were you asleep when Tesla 1st started manufacturing in the Bay Area and they missed ALL production targets and lost $ quarterly for 2 years straight? Musk was sleeping at the factory and building cars on a makeshift production line in the parking lot because all his automation failed badly and was using every willing employee to make vehicle deliveries back then LOL! Now Tesla has 4 factories globally producing like 4 models and they hit 300k- big deal.

Ford has been producing Mavericks for only 6 months now, sharing 1 factory still in the middle of supply chain and labor shortages and Maverick is 1 of 29 product lines. Get a grip on reality here!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's really pathetic. I know Ford won't release the official number of firm orders they have to make, but is has to be at LEAST 100,000. Heck, they already had 100,000 reservations at the end of August last year. So 100,000 firm is a low estimate. Meaning...like myself, a LOT are going to get rolled over to a 2023 if they haven't already. Ford would have to DOUBLE or TRIPLE production each month now through July in order for people to get a 2021 by September. Otherwise...who would even want a 2021 after September when they could just a 2023? In fact, if I wasn't guaranteed to have a Maverick DELIVERED by June, I wouldn't even want a 2021, and rather get rolled over. If I'm going to pay full MSRP for a new car, I don't want half the year to be over.
Still playing this broken record are you? You've been easily proven wrong multiple times already on your wildly inflated and UN-substantiated number of confirmed ORDERS- NOT IMAGINARY RESERVATIONS- pulled out of your a.., I mean hat. Best educated guesses are in the range of 55-65k total orders to fill for MY2022 and they are already at 42k+ total with the new numbers YTD- showing INCREASED production by the way.

Do you have some kind of anti-Ford agenda here , or are you really this dense to not comprehend?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I too thought the most interesting thing here is the Mav outselling the Ranger. I won't be surprised if that trend continues, and wonder how Ford will feel about the Maverick cannibalizing the Ranger because people would just rather have the value and practicality of the Maverick, even though they probably "sometimes" wish they had a Ranger.

IMO, in a typical year, the average driver will be happier with a Maverick 340 days and maybe wish they had the Ranger the other 25 days. Now, imagine buying a Ranger and wishing you had a Maverick 340 days a year...

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
STOP with this bogus comparison already will ya? Were you asleep when Tesla 1st started manufacturing in the Bay Area and they missed ALL production targets and lost $ quarterly for 2 years straight? Musk was sleeping at the factory and building cars on a makeshift production line in the parking lot because all his automation failed badly and was using every willing employee to make vehicle deliveries back then LOL! Now Tesla has 4 factories globally producing like 4 models and they hit 300k- big deal.

Ford has been producing Mavericks for only 6 months now, sharing 1 factory still in the middle of supply chain and labor shortages and Maverick is 1 of 29 product lines. Get a grip on reality here!
I'm curious why you think this comparison is bogus? I am not trying to be inflammatory, I genuinely would like to understand your argument here. Your own points make the case that Tesla being under 10 years old producing electric vehicles has nearly beat Ford a 118 years old car manufacturer. Tesla's 2022 1st quarter beat their 2021 1st quarter numbers by 68%. a 68% increase in production for 1st quarter year over year. As of this a.m. no other major manufacturer has a year over year increase in production but Tesla. Tesla's actual 1st quarter production number is 310,000 units vs Ford 412,000. Tesla has 2 new production facilities coming online during the next quarter inc a Texas facility. Second quarter production numbers could easily beat Ford.

I do not believe that Ford's problems w the Bronco, Maverick and Lightning have solely to do w chip shortages. Why isn't tesla dealing w those issues, they just posted a 68% increase in production units from 2021 to 2022. Other manufacturers production are down too but nowhere near the deal Ford is seeing. Something else is kinking up the pipeline.
Sponsored