First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, they can't. Over the years, Ford, GM, and Chrysler have experimented with a direct sales model. Even opened up a direct dealer or two. They always got shut down due to the existing state laws.

Tesla has lots of problems, too. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_US_dealership_disputes

Bottom line, we all have to deal with the system as it is right now. It needs to be changed, yes. But right now, it is what it is.

Much like the price of gas right now. We just have to deal with it.

Still wish I had that Maverick Hybrid on order, though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
There you go. Mileage and price of a Civic (or Toyota Corolla), with the utility of a compact truck.

And the Civic and Corolla are not rated to tow anything.
And let's be real - it will be way cooler to be driving a Maverick than any compact sedan

Sheila S.

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
I don't understand how there can be Mavericks on lots for sale when us that ordered one doesn't have it yet. I get no updates on order. Also when I call dealer I ordered from I'm told you will hear something when we know something. I ordered mine October 8.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to know where there are Mavericks sitting on a Dealer lot for 6 days. Not here in the Dallas area unless they count how long it takes to get it off the truck, detailed, call customer to come and get it.
I can't see one sitting there that long either, when I wanted to see one before I ordered, I couldn't get the dealer fast enough, it was gone. I picked mine up Monday, from the time it was delivered to the dealer to sitting in my garage was 43 hours.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I don't understand how there can be Mavericks on lots for sale when us that ordered one doesn't have it yet. I get no updates on order. Also when I call dealer I ordered from I'm told you will hear something when we know something. I ordered mine October 8.
Easy, someone ordered a Maverick, it was produced and delivered to the dealer, original person who order tries for a few days to get financing and cannot, now it becomes dealer stock. I can't really think of too many other scenarios where one would sit on the lot for too long.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
I can't really think of too many other scenarios where one would sit on the lot for too long.
Dealer won't give a reasonable trade in so buyer needs to sell first.

Buyer has to liquidate an investment to make the purchase

Buyer and Dealer are in "discussions" about added options or other fluff, imagine an unscrutable dealer
Sponsored