Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick February 2022 Sales Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 4,037 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 10,550 vehicles.
    • February sales represent a -38% decrease from January.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 1,882 vehicles (as part of the 4,037 total)
  • Maverick is turning on dealer lots in just 6 days.
  • Maverick’s top competitive conquest is the Honda Civic.
  • More than 80% of Maverick's retail sales in February came from previously placed customer orders.

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick February 2022 Sales: 4,037 Sold Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.34.50 AM

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick February 2022 Sales: 4,037 Sold Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.35.07 AM
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's not exactly an overwhelming number of units delivered. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence about getting all the MY22 units to customers...

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These aren't delivery figures, just sales figures.
Not sure what the difference is between delivery and sales figures. I guess some could be delivered late in the month to the dealer and not prepared and delivered and, hence, sold to the buyer.

I am wondering about the statement: "more than 80% of Maverick sales in February came from previously placed customer orders"?? Does this mean that the rest where stock orders? This would be 800 plus or minus orders that were stock and subject to ADM and were produced while many long-term orders are still not filled?? If someone can explain this to me, please do so. Thanks!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure what the difference is between delivery and sales figures. I guess some could be delivered late in the month to the dealer and not prepared and delivered and, hence, sold to the buyer.

I am wondering about the statement: "more than 80% of Maverick sales in February came from previously placed customer orders"?? Does this mean that the rest where stock orders? This would be 800 plus or minus orders that were stock and subject to ADM and were produced while many long-term orders are still not filled?? If someone can explain this to me, please do so. Thanks!
My guess is many of those 800 were retail orders where the original order person walked away. So, those vehicles were transferred to dealer stock and were subsequently sold to a new customer, in all likelihood with a significant markup.

Sponsored

WV_XLT

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XL. 2017 Escape SE
Well you can't sell what you haven't delivered so I would say that this is a pretty good snapshot of units produced. Since I haven't seen any dealer lots full of unsold Mavericks. I have to agree with pa-outdoorman. This doesn't look good for all 22 orders getting built. I bet there is going to be a major rollover to 23my

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It'll be a miracle if they end up producing & selling more than 50k for MY22

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My guess is many of those 800 were retail orders where the original order person walked away. So, those vehicles were transferred to dealer stock and were subsequently sold to a new customer, in all likelihood with a significant markup.
That sounds reasonable. Of course, even these were "previously placed customer orders". Seems it would be easy and informational if the report just listed "stock orders".

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds reasonable. Of course, even these were "previously placed customer orders". Seems it would be easy and informational if the report just listed "stock orders".
Perhaps if this is the case, Ford should have considered that when a customer walked away (if they knew it) that those orders should have been cancelled instead of converting to stock orders. If so, some of the 800 could have be used to fill customer orders not yet cancelled.!!

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why did Ford not publish production numbers for Feb like usual? Too low?

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well you can't sell what you haven't delivered so I would say that this is a pretty good snapshot of units produced. Since I haven't seen any dealer lots full of unsold Mavericks. I have to agree with pa-outdoorman. This doesn't look good for all 22 orders getting built. I bet there is going to be a major rollover to 23my
Their could be many sitting on lots at the plant waiting on chips. There are 100’s if not 1,000’s of Broncos awaiting chips in Michigan.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Maverick’s top competitive conquest is the Honda Civic.

Now THAT is interesting!

The Honda Civic is a largely popular entry level vehicle. That the Maverick is luring buyers away from something like the civic is very telling of its universal appeal.

Here are the civic sales numbers by year - think how well the Maverick can sell if that is the kind of buyer it is tapping into - and doing so without ANY marketing:

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick February 2022 Sales: 4,037 Sold 1646325773021

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps if this is the case, Ford should have considered that when a customer walked away (if they knew it) that those orders should have been cancelled instead of converting to stock orders. If so, some of the 800 could have be used to fill customer orders not yet cancelled.!!
Certainly that would be nice, but I suspect buyers aren't backing out until that vehicle is delivered and they are notified. Think of the people just on this forum that have multiple orders - are they reaching out to Ford and the dealer when one is fulfilled, to stop the others, or not take delivery?

It is a nice thought, but not anywhere close to realistic.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure sale and delivery are one and the same. Remember, these are monthly sales figures. When you buy a car, and the dealer hands you the keys and you drive away, that is referred to in the industry as "taking delivery" of the vehicle. In other words, it's sold.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Certainly that would be nice, but I suspect buyers aren't backing out until that vehicle is delivered and they are notified. Think of the people just on this forum that have multiple orders - are they reaching out to Ford and the dealer when one is fulfilled, to stop the others, or not take delivery?

It is a nice thought, but not anywhere close to realistic.
Exactly. Ford really has no way to know whether an order was "cancelled" unless a retail customer calls them directly. If you tell your dealer to cancel your order, there is exactly ZERO chance they will cancel it. They will wait for it to arrive and then sell to the highest bidder.
Sponsored