Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick March 2022 Sales Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 8,695 Vehicles. Sales (YTD): 19,245 vehicles.
    • March sales represent a +115% increase from February.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 4,061 vehicles (46.7% of 8,695 total Mavericks sold)
  • Maverick is turning on dealer lots in just 4 days (compared to 6 days in February).
  • Fordโ€™s newest vehicles, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E and Maverick, together are conquesting from competitive vehicles at a rate of 62 percent in March.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“ˆ Maverick March 2022 Sales: 8,695 Sold 2022-ford-sales-mar-1
    Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“ˆ Maverick March 2022 Sales: 8,695 Sold 2022-ford-sales-mar-2

Sponsored

Last edited:

413 Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they not release production numbers this month?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the world is "conquesting"??? How is it calculated and is it even a word. If you want to brag,it helps to do it in a way that people understand. Unless you are blowing smoke and do not really want people to understand??

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's really a shame they're not posting production numbers, but I assume this is because they've had so many plant shutdowns that the overall (Ford-wide) production numbers are considerably lower than last year.

Great to see the big jump over Feb Maverick sales. The 19,245 so far this year makes a grand total of 43,053 32503 Mavs delivered.

EDIT - I realized I had the wrong number for the CY 2021 period, so updated above.

On the flip side, although they were able to deliver over 8k in March, it's clear that the supply chain issues are still an issue, as they only planned for 5400 scheduling allocations during March (for builds in the May timeframe). This suggests the May build output will be in that 5400 range, so that will be for sales in the late June/early July timeframe.

Hopefully this week we find out how many allocations they plan for April (for builds in June, delivery in Aug-Sep).

Last edited:

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see a new Maverick on the road. At only 19,000 sales nationwide. That could explain not seeing them on the road. The only real place I want to see a new Maverick is in my driveway.
Actually, there are more than almost twice that many on the road, as they sold over 23k 13k last calendar year.

But yeah, still pretty rare! I've only seen three, and one of those was the one I test-drove last October before ordering one!

Last edited:

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the world is "conquesting"??? How is it calculated and is it even a word. If you want to brag,it helps to do it in a way that people understand. Unless you are blowing smoke and do not really want people to understand??
Conquesting in the auto industry is defined as customers switching brands. e.g. I left my Toyota Prius V for the Maverick would be a Ford conquest. Other industries use it too. It is mostly an internally used term.

All manufacturers and industry experts seriously look at these numbers because this is where growth comes from and they want to see if the customer becomes loyal (which is where the trade-in a brand product for a new brand product).

Conquest shows up in various subjects besides changing brands such as changing from ICE to Hybrid/PHEV/EV, trends, accessories, parts, service, etc.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Conquesting in the auto industry is defined as customers switching brands. e.g. I left my Toyota Prius V for the Maverick would be a Ford conquest. Other industries use it too. It is mostly an internally used term.

All manufacturers and industry experts seriously look at these numbers because this is where growth comes from and they want to see if the customer becomes loyal (which is where the trade-in a brand product for a new brand product).

Conquest shows up in various subjects besides changing brands such as changing from ICE to Hybrid/PHEV/EV, trends, accessories, parts, service, etc.
When the Prius V came out I was trying to figure out if I could use it as a daily driver and for home depot runs on weekends. I did not buy one. It does not surprise me that your going from a V to a Maverick. The hybrid Maverick fills a segment of buyers who have been lost in the wilderness. We have been saved by Ford!

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the Prius V came out I was trying to figure out if I could use it as a daily driver and for home depot runs on weekends. I did not buy one. It does not surprise me that your going from a V to a Maverick. The hybrid Maverick fills a segment of buyers who have been lost in the wilderness. We have been saved by Ford!
I understand your decision. Trucks were too big & gas guzzler, SUV ..... ahhhh, pffft (just about everyone has one), etc. .......When the Maverick was introduced, it checked off all the boxes I wanted (& needed).

I loved the Prius V because it was a wagon. I moved furniture, my tool box (automotive), and many large items that could fit through a 33"x42" opening by 74" long from the front seats to the rear hatch. Now the Maverick is set up to move this too :)

Prius V was discontinued in 2017 cause RAV Hybrid outsold it. Now my daughter has it since gas is $6/gal in CA & she was driving a IS250 (she does 22Kmiles/yr).

Use to drive a '68 Mustang growing up, so coming back to a Ford is fine for me ...... and yup, saved by Ford.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

No doubt this is a key metric for auto makers. I am sure they slice and dice these numbers a hundred ways to help determine what kind of vehicles they want to develop! It is a lot easier to keep customers than to draw new ones (this goes for many things in life). In retrospect it seems obvious that if you make a practical, value-conscious vehicle like the Maverick it will sell like hotcakes!

Deleted member 12536

I have yet to see a new Maverick on the road. At only 19,000 sales nationwide. That could explain not seeing them on the road. The only real place I want to see a new Maverick is in my driveway.
Ya me aswell
Cant wait

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The document you are reading is for internal use only, for dealers, partners, investors. As such, they use industry terms. They don't care if you understand or not.
Sponsored