First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to know where there are Mavericks sitting on a Dealer lot for 6 days. Not here in the Dallas area unless they count how long it takes to get it off the truck, detailed, call customer to come and get it.
Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
earlier this week I drove by my local Ford dealer and was surprised to see a bunch of white Maverick XL's parked on the commercial side of the dealer. After seeing this thread I looked up the website and they have 14 listed on the commercial site (I thought there was about 20 when I drove by and saw them) and 9 listed on the regular site. 1 appears to be in stock and the other 8 must be in transit
Likely these are Fleet Mavericks. My salesman sold seven White XL Mavericks to a pool service company here in Florida. White is the most common color to have wrapped with company graphics.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Likely these are Fleet Mavericks. My salesman sold seven White XL Mavericks to a pool service company here in Florida. White is the most common color to have wrapped with company graphics.
For sure. Up here in Washington, I noticed a dealer that has 23 Mavericks incoming or just arrived according to the Ford.com inventory search. All white and all XL trim.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uh ya, we know. Guys like myself started being told that orders were getting rolled over to 2023 back on Jan 28th, and more each week since then. They won't even build 75% of their orders by the fall. But also, if you don't get a 2022 by June, I wouldn't even want it. I'd rather get a 2023 6 months later.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah I agree, it just surprised when I drove by because it looked like there was a ton of them. :)

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry... wrong year report ... deleted it...

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I found something, but you're not going to like it. I don't like it either...

The "production" page of the report lists Hermosillo and gives the February production for Bronco Sport.

But it doesn't even list the Maverick. It's just gone from the report.

Here's a link to what appears to be the full sales and production report. And here's an image of the production page in case that link becomes unavailable:

View attachment 40309
WTF Ford?!?!?

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Uh ya, we know. Guys like myself started being told that orders were getting rolled over to 2023 back on Jan 28th, and more each week since then. They won't even build 75% of their orders by the fall. But also, if you don't get a 2022 by June, I wouldn't even want it. I'd rather get a 2023 6 months later.
I agree except 6 months from start of 23 production would be April of 24, throw in a few delays and you're in the same boat just different year.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WTF Ford?!?!?
My mistake.

Searched for Feb 2022 but got Feb 2021 and didn't notice the header until too late. Then the forum wouldn't let me delete the post. Tried 3 times then had to settle for editing it.

Like I said... my mistake...

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick February 2022 Sales: 4,037 Sold 1646352558028

“Never mind!”

Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Maverick’s top competitive conquest is the Honda Civic.

Now THAT is interesting!

The Honda Civic is a largely popular entry level vehicle. That the Maverick is luring buyers away from something like the civic is very telling of its universal appeal.

Here are the civic sales numbers by year - think how well the Maverick can sell if that is the kind of buyer it is tapping into - and doing so without ANY marketing:

1646325773021.png
what does competitive conquest mean? How is it measured?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what does competitive conquest mean? How is it measured?
I would assume either a survey of buyer's previous vehicles, tracking trade-ins, or asking what was being cross-shopped. It could probably mean any number of those, or something similar - Ford thought it was worth mentioning? I found it interesting!

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would assume either a survey of buyer's previous vehicles, tracking trade-ins, or asking what was being cross-shopped. It could probably mean any number of those, or something similar - Ford thought it was worth mentioning? I found it interesting!
I find it interesting, too! I just wasn't sure what to make of it so I wondered

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There you go. Mileage and price of a Civic (or Toyota Corolla), with the utility of a compact truck.

And the Civic and Corolla are not rated to tow anything.
But in fairness, a Civic would probably actually show up in your driveway someday.
Sponsored