First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm pretty surprised by those numbers and good for Hyundai.

I personally do not like the Santa Cruz at all and never considered purchasing one but Hyundai/Kia make a nice vehicle overall that to me really punches above its weight (source - driven lots of them as rentals).
Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If Hyundai were smart they'd come out with a hybrid model of the Santa Cruz or even an AWD Hybrid to beat Ford to the punch on that drivetrain option.
I honestly don't know why they don't. It's based on a Tucson which comes in a hybrid.

I wonder how many of those 29,083 buyers would have bought a Maverick if there was not a Santa Cruz truck. I personally would not have bought a Santa Cruz if there was not a Mav. I would have gone back to a Toyota Sienna.
I wasn't really in the market for a new car. I was content driving my 31 year old Jeep around daily, but I wanted to find a Transit Connect eventually. I test drove a Santa Cruz.. It wasn't bad, but wasn't awesome. Plus the mpg was too horrendous. I just wanted to drive one.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Hyundai were smart they'd come out with a hybrid model of the Santa Cruz or even an AWD Hybrid to beat Ford to the punch on that drivetrain option.
Hyundai has a live discussion of a model on their website periodically, here a few weeks ago it was a Santa Cruz and I asked about when would they come out with a hybrid, they said there was no plans for one. Another person joined a little bit later and had the same question so I am sure they are getting it, just not sure why they are resisting it.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many of those 29,083 buyers would have bought a Maverick if there was not a Santa Cruz truck. I personally would not have bought a Santa Cruz if there was not a Mav. I would have gone back to a Toyota Sienna.
😂 That's exactly the way I think.... I am ready to have a Sienna but the wife is staunchly opposed to a minivan.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would get a hybrid Santa Cruz, but I don't think I could afford it.

Sponsored

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had there not been a Maverick, I would just keep my 2011 Ranger 4x4. 95K miles. Drove a newer (2019) Ranger 4x4 recently and didn’t like it. It was the size of the F-150s I drove in the 90s. I couldn’t reach the floor of the bed while standing on the ground.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hyundai has a live discussion of a model on their website periodically, here a few weeks ago it was a Santa Cruz and I asked about when would they come out with a hybrid, they said there was no plans for one. Another person joined a little bit later and had the same question so I am sure they are getting it, just not sure why they are resisting it.
I think it comes down to cost. They are aiming at a particular price point and they might not think they can make it a hybrid and keep the price where they want it. Arguably, Ford underpriced their hybrid given the demand.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as we all know, the Maverick hasn't had any recalls for fires, etc. Those living in glass houses should be really slow to throw stones. What do I see in the news today - oh yea, Ford is on the verge of another massive NHTSA mandated recall right now, and is under investigation for another. Which is why the Ford CEO is publicly grinding his teeth about Ford warranty and recall costs burdening the company's profits. Which is another way of saying "my company builds cheap, unreliable garbage".

Got a Maverick in my driveway. Been there for a year. Will be there for another year. Won't be there a day past warranty.
Ford unfortunatly gets development/production money from one pocket, but gets their warranty money from a diffrent pocket. I know it always amazed me too.

It's yaaaa we brought this to market under cost we all get bonuses and promotions. Meanwhile short time later recall, crazy warranty costs. Different pockets, so those responsible are not held accountable.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

we'll see how these numbers compute into sales.
this on top of their car theft auto insurance issues :eek:

"Hyundai Motor America and Kia America have issued “park outside” recalls for more than 3.3 million vehicles due to the risk of fire. Until these recalled vehicles have been repaired, the manufacturers say the safest place to park them is outside and away from homes and other structures"
So park outside, with the theft issues. Hmmmm. So the car gets stolen, catches fire and you are responsible for leaving an dangerous attractive nescience outside your house, Now to get my medicines balanced.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Around these parts it's not too hard to get $3-4k off the Hyundai...

Sponsored

Totem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That might be Fords only incentive. At this point they can sell every one they can build.
If Hyundai was smart you could park the past 12yrs of their vehicles inside.
Preach!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahhh, does the SC also come with a free immobilizer that must be so much fun to fiddle with every time one gets in and out of their car or truck or SUV or whatever. :ROFLMAO:

Talked to a guy the other day at the gas pumps. He was driving a SC. When I asked him about it, the first thing he said was, "This is my wife's car, I drive a F-150. Hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many more would have bought a Maverick if Ford had actually built the one they ordered or if they hadn't dropped the ball when it came time to replace the 2022 order with a 2023 order.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After having a Hyundai Kona since 2018 I was hell bent on the Santa Cruz…then the Maverick Hybrid appeared and I waited 2 years and was not disappointed…The Santa Cruz mileage on a test drive was 17mpg and I was driving it on flat road like a granny..so it scared me since the Kona 2.0 gets 32 mpg.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Around these parts it's not too hard to get $3-4k off the Hyundai...
When I was looking around Sept of 22, The only ones available were loaded to the hilt and had premiums to boot. That South Florida (east coast)
Sponsored