Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Thanks to the scheduling and production insights shared last evening by @fordvideoguy, we now know what I have suspected for a long time: Ford is intentionally discriminating against orders with XLT Luxury packages.

For months, Ford has been telling people to remove the luxury packages and Co Pilot 360 in order to schedule faster, but what I have seen AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN is Lariat orders with BOTH luxury and CP360 getting scheduled.

Now, Ford is saying that it will schedule a final 4,000 Mavericks for MY22. ALL will be Ecoboosts but NONE will be XLT luxury packages. It is notable that Ford did NOT say none will be Lariat luxury packages. It is so obvious that Ford is following through on its promise to prioritize "higher profit" vehicles here. Those with Lariat Lux orders are being favored, and those of us with XLT Lux orders are being flat out kicked to the curb.

Thanks for nothing, Ford. I can't believe I actually held out a sliver of hope when you first postponed the MY23 order bank and said you wanted to build as many MY22 orders as possible. Clearly, you only want to build the orders you want to build, and those of us with XLT Luxury packages can go pound sand.

Here's a bit of advice for Ford. Before you start taking MY23 orders, how about not offering options you cannot deliver? What a novel concept!
I'm pretty sure I said Luxury Package and did not specify XLT. They do have it listed No HEV, No XLT Luxury, No Lariat Ultimate (Luxury), No Splash Guards, No Trifold Tonneaus. I just wanted to be clear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm pretty sure I said Luxury Package and did not specify XLT. They do have it listed No HEV, No XLT Luxury, No Lariat Ultimate (Luxury), No Splash Guards, No Trifold Tonneaus. I just wanted to be clear.
Yes @fordvideoguy that was my bad. Forgive me -- I was just frustrated today. I got a false sense of hope from Ford extending MY22 production, and it was a bit of shock to realize last night that it's over as far as my MY22 order is concerned.

Oh well, I am getting over it now and looking forward to having better luck in MY23.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yes @fordvideoguy that was my bad. Forgive me -- I was just frustrated today. I got a false sense of hope from Ford extending MY22 production, and it was a bit of shock to realize last night that it's over as far as my MY22 is concerned.

Oh well, I am getting over it now and looking forward to having better luck in MY23.
I understand, I wanted to make sure I explained correctly. You know me. I agree that 100% ecoboost was a shocker to me when I saw it too.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you think if I threw some mudflaps on my ecoboost order it would push to 23, I'm still 19 priority with no vin and would rather have a 23 at this point.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn.
My hybrid lux needs to wait. I'm kinda happy to get bumped to the next model year at this point but upset on losing some bits (SIBL, 0% interest, and further unknowns)

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Duuuuudde. It was a joke🙃
🚷
So is it effective Now, or is there a few weeks left of scheduling hope for my XLT Lux/CP360?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The local dealer I ordered from hasn't contacted me at all since I ordered in January. They have failed to respond to a couple of efforts on my part to contact them. I have CP360 on that order so they should have contacted me about whether I wanted it removed back in July. I have gotten the "Ford Delay Emails" to the email address I used with that order so at least in theory my order was entered/ROVP'd correctly.

My other orders are with Granger and Long McArthur. I have had much better contact from them, especially LM. Assuming my local order doesn't get built as a 2022 I am not going to reorder with my local dealer for 2023. I will be keeping my orders with Granger and LM. I'm hoping the Granger order gets selected for 2022 so I can drive it for a while and then trade it on the LM order (which will either be a Lariat hybrid or a XLT Tremor).
Ordered 3? Are you a broker?

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe if you had ordered earlier than 3 days before the order banks closed you'd be in a better position? What a novel concept!
I ordered in November. There was no hindsight in that. Ford sucks balls.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
🚷

So is it effective Now, or is there a few weeks left of scheduling hope for my XLT Lux/CP360?
I know that this week is scheduling based on July allocations, not sure if next week is based on July or August allocations. But your dealer would need to have allocations for you to have a chance. For us, all of our July allocations are gone.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I know that this week is scheduling based on July allocations, not sure if next week is based on July or August allocations. But your dealer would need to have allocations for you to have a chance. For us, all of our July allocations are gone.
How this forum feels when you say things like this.

Ford Maverick XLT Luxury Package Discrimination! giphy

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always wondered what part of the Lux packages are contrained? Maybe Ford will break up the packages a bit with the 23's.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Always wondered what part of the Lux packages are contrained? Maybe Ford will break up the packages a bit with the 23's.
It has been a lot of things especially when it comes to the Lux packages offered on the XLT and Lariat trims. The first one to come to light was the SIBL so Ford decided to substitute the XLT Lux package with a DIBL to try an curb the constraint.

After that it was a cluster fuck. I know this has been said before many times over but the chip shortage hit Ford hard.

That is why the temperature dial on the Mav no longer has a numerical read out and the Mach-E no longer has a kick to open hatch. It just trickles down from there. Everything from heated seats to the heated steering wheel and even the heated mirrors requires parts that Ford cannot obtain in sufficient quantities.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I knew the sibl was a constraint and would drop that if I could. I know other manufacturers had issues with the heated seats but that's something I want.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of crickets, has any one been contacted by your dealers and told what the new Ford “plan” is? We all appreciate fordvideoguy giving up of his time and I bet money, but not a single person here has said that their Ford dealer reached out to them. Mine hasn’t, has yours?
I have never heard from my dealer unless I contact them first. The last time I emailed them the sales manager said my salesperson would get back to me. He never did. I did a preorder through another dealer for a 2023 order. I'm waiting to see if my original dealer will be contacting me to put in a 2023 order :). I know I will loose my place in line but after 9 months what does another 6 months or so mean really, lol
Sponsored