2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks to the scheduling and production insights shared last evening by @fordvideoguy, we now know what I have suspected for a long time: Ford is intentionally discriminating against orders with XLT Luxury packages.

For months, Ford has been telling people to remove the luxury packages and Co Pilot 360 in order to schedule faster, but what I have seen AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN is Lariat orders with BOTH luxury and CP360 getting scheduled.

Now, Ford is saying that it will schedule a final 4,000 Mavericks for MY22. ALL will be Ecoboosts but NONE will be XLT luxury packages. It is notable that Ford did NOT say none will be Lariat luxury packages. It is so obvious that Ford is following through on its promise to prioritize "higher profit" vehicles here. Those with Lariat Lux orders are being favored, and those of us with XLT Lux orders are being flat out kicked to the curb.

Thanks for nothing, Ford. I can't believe I actually held out a sliver of hope when you first postponed the MY23 order bank and said you wanted to build as many MY22 orders as possible. Clearly, you only want to build the orders you want to build, and those of us with XLT Luxury packages can go pound sand.

Here's a bit of advice for Ford. Before you start taking MY23 orders, how about not offering options you cannot deliver? What a novel concept!
Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The higher the trim level and options, the more profit to Ford. I don't think it's their dream scenario to roll these high margin builds over. Just a crappy time for manufacturing in general.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
To be fair he did mention in the video that NO Lariat Lux packages even with Eco will be scheduled either. Listen again to 37:55 time stamp......

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe if you had ordered earlier than 3 days before the order banks closed you'd be in a better position? What a novel concept!
Hindsight is 20/20. Who knew these trucks would be impossible to obtain? It is unfortunate how much I have learned about Ford's lackluster production and delivery process over the past 8 months.

I do realize Ford is not the only one impacted by constraints but I don't believe there is another auto maker with so many high-demsnd models and such an inability to meet that demand. From the Bronco to the Mach E to the Lightning to the Maverick Ford is great at designing exciting vehicles people want. But they are lousy at actually getting those vehicles into people's driveways.

You can make snarky comments if it makes you feel better about yourself but you'll have to forgive those of us who are frustrated by the reality we will be waiting 12-15 months at MINIMUM for a vehicle. If Ford told people that up front it would be a different story but...

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks to the scheduling and production insights shared last evening by @fordvideoguy, we now know what I have suspected for a long time: Ford is intentionally discriminating against orders with XLT Luxury packages.

For months, Ford has been telling people to remove the luxury packages and Co Pilot 360 in order to schedule faster, but what I have seen AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN is Lariat orders with BOTH luxury and CP360 getting scheduled.

Now, Ford is saying that it will schedule a final 4,000 Mavericks for MY22. ALL will be Ecoboosts but NONE will be XLT luxury packages. It is notable that Ford did NOT say none will be Lariat luxury packages. It is so obvious that Ford is following through on its promise to prioritize "higher profit" vehicles here. Those with Lariat Lux orders are being favored, and those of us with XLT Lux orders are being flat out kicked to the curb.

Thanks for nothing, Ford. I can't believe I actually held out a sliver of hope when you first postponed the MY23 order bank and said you wanted to build as many MY22 orders as possible. Clearly, you only want to build the orders you want to build, and those of us with XLT Luxury packages can go pound sand.

Here's a bit of advice for Ford. Before you start taking MY23 orders, how about not offering options you cannot deliver? What a novel concept!
Hope? You still hope?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No Lux packages for any trim to finish 22.
OK, I stand corrected on that. However, it doesn't change the fact that I have seen truck after truck after truck with Lariat Lux and CP360 scheduled, while XLT Lux orders have been passed by.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT with Luxury package ordered 12/21 at this point I will welcome a 23 order as opposed to receiving a 22 in Dec of 22 or later. Hopefully Ford will accumulate the parts needed for the Lux. pcg. by the time the 23s start production .

Sponsored
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a XLT with Luxury package ordered 12/21 at this point I will welcome a 23 order as opposed to receiving a 22 in Dec of 22 or later. Hopefully Ford will accumulate the parts needed for the Lux. pcg. by the time the 23s start production .
I hear you. There is SOME benefit to getting a MY23, in terms of being able to choose new colors, optons, etc. However, I typically keep and drive my vehicles 200,000+ miles. So, the year on the title is not that significant in terms of resale, trade, etc.

The worst thing about not getting the MY22 is losing the protected interest rates from this year and also potentially losing money depending on the amount of the private offer I receive vs. 2023 prices and the options I choose for my new order.

In this case, for me, it would be a case of the devil I know (MY22) perhaps being better than the devil I don't (MY23).

Last edited:

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hindsight is 20/20. Who knew these trucks would be impossible to obtain? It is unfortunate how much I have learned about Ford's lackluster production and delivery process over the past 8 months.

I do realize Ford is not the only one impacted by constraints but I don't believe there is another auto maker with so many high-demsnd models and such an inability to meet that demand. From the Bronco to the Mach E to the Lightning to the Maverick Ford is great at designing exciting vehicles people want. But they are lousy at actually getting those vehicles into people's driveways.

You can make snarky comments if it makes you feel better about yourself but you'll have to forgive those of us who are frustrated by the reality we will be waiting 12-15 months at MINIMUM for a vehicle. If Ford told people that up front it would be a different story but...
Forever
Order
Rigged
Delivery

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Once they build out the dealer stock units and they start sitting on lots there should be more inventory of all models across the US and maybe those ADMs will go away and you can find a gently used Mav similar to your order?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear you. There is SOME benefit to getting a MY23, in terms of being able to choose new colors, optons, etc. However, I typically keep and drive my vehicles 200,000+ miles. So, the year on the title is not that significant in terms of resale, trade, etc.

The worst thing about not getting the MY22 is losing the protected interest rates from this year and also potentially losing money depending on the amount of the private offer I receive vs. 2023 prices and the options I choose for my new order.

In this case, for me, it would be a chase of the devil I know (MY22) perhaps being better than the devil I don't (MY23).
Insurance should be cheaper on a 2022 too.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once they build out the dealer stock units and they start sitting on lots there should be more inventory of all models across the US and maybe those ADMs will go away and you can find a gently used Mav similar to your order?
Maybe, though it sounds like most of the dealer stock they'll be building will be basic builds, since the don't have the components for any luxury packages.

Also, while it may not make rational sense, for every month that goes by in this crazy process there is a growing determination to get a new one. It's almost like, dang it, if I have to wait a year, I'll wait two years, Ford is eventually going to build me a truck.

Unless they don't...
Sponsored