Sponsored

Windshield Alignment Pin - Rattle Silenced…finally.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have an image of the "suspect" windshield alignment pin?

The windshield tapping/ticking/rattle has reached the personal toleration limit.

My deck of playing cards inserted everywhere was kinda comical before I learned about the "defect." Thankfully, I got to play passenger, and it's definitely top right windshield racket/noise.

And...I hate to turn over the truck to folks for the 80 weeks of diagnostic driving...couldn't hear it, couldn't replicate...sorry about the missing wheel and mismatched door.

(Kidding...or am I?)

Ford Maverick Windshield Alignment Pin - Rattle Silenced…finally. IMG_7119

Ford Maverick Windshield Alignment Pin - Rattle Silenced…finally. IMG_7114
Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't take a pic but I just had these removed yesterday and my windshield that was driving me insane has been dead silent so far now.

They are up at the top of the windshield under the A pillar trim. The glass place that replaced my windshield a couple months ago took them out in 15-20 min for me.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have the issue. But always like to see DIY solutions to these type of common problems.

Hopefully someone can do a writeup on this to help others avoid the hassle of back and forth dealer trips with no resolution.

Be nice if you could simply remove the A pillar cover and reach it, looks close. Or at least minimal headliner removal

Edit: Just noticed post above said theirs was easily removed after taking just the A Pillar cover off. That should really be a simple and quick solution to this issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I popped my A-pillar off quick to take a look. It's visible from that perspective, but I'd probably want to remove the sunvisor bolts to provide a little more movement without risking putting a hard bend in the headliner board.

Ford Maverick Windshield Alignment Pin - Rattle Silenced…finally. windshieldpost

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that the top left corner of the windshield?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that the top left corner of the windshield?
Top right. So the pink object is the side airbag and the descending line of the headliner visible is the front edge. I had to mostly lean outside to get an angle on it.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I popped my A-pillar off quick to take a look. It's visible from that perspective, but I'd probably want to remove the sunvisor bolts to provide a little more movement without risking putting a hard bend in the headliner board.

windshieldpost.jpg
The pin of annoyance is within reach. I dont see what it hits, but someone said metal or something. Hopes this is the cure to your and many others noise issue.

Keep us updated.

OP
OP
Braderick

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picking up something like this tomorrow…

Ford Maverick Windshield Alignment Pin - Rattle Silenced…finally. E556EEAF-9B82-439A-9EE0-B59BFF1C8817

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What if you cut the pin off? Probably can't get close enough?

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody figured out how to remove the alignment pin yet? I’m at the breaking point with my ‘23 maverick as well. I’m ready to find a way to get rid of the clicking/rattle noise.

Also, does anybody know if these pins are at the bottom corners of the windshield as well? If so, can they be removed with the A pillar trim off?

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody figured out how to remove the alignment pin yet? I’m at the breaking point with my ‘23 maverick as well. I’m ready to find a way to get rid of the clicking/rattle noise.

Also, does anybody know if these pins are at the bottom corners of the windshield as well? If so, can they be removed with the A pillar trim off?

This post shows how to cut out the pin in detail.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-a-minor-yet-major-annoyance.5422/post-538991

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any video/audio of what this 'rattle' sounds like? I noticed while driving the last few days there would be an audible 'tick' or 'click' coming from what sounds like the passenger side of my windshield. I wouldnt call it a rattle, but more like a click occasionally. Is that what this is?

Last edited:

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone have any video/audio of what this 'rattle' sounds like? I noticed while driving the last few days there would be an audible 'tick' or 'click' coming from what sounds like the passenger side of my windshield. I wouldnt call it a rattle, but more like a click occasionally. Is that what this is?
That's how would have described mine. It was a constant "clicking" with the passenger side being more noticeable. As soon as I had the pins pulled, the windshield has been silent.
Sponsored