First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I picked up my Maverick last week and drove it down to North Carolina. Already I have noticed that its pulling hard to the right, is there a warranty issue that I could use, seems pretty crazy that in a week and half I already have to take a brand new vehicle into the shop for a alignment check. I didn't hit any potholes on my way down or in the city. Thoughts?
Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why a dealership wouldn't notice this upon final inspection assuming that they test drove it first. Did you notice it as soon as you left the lot? If it was me I'd rule out low tire pressure, natural pull to one side from the crown of the road and pulling to one side when braking versus always pulling to one side. If you rule out pressure, road surface and pulling when braking I would think you do have an alignment issue. Then you can decide if you want to make it a issue for another Ford garage or if its easier to deal with it on your own.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should be covered by warranty. Talk to the service writer at a Ford dealer. It is possible that there is a problem with the suspension.
Make sure your tire pressures are set properly and that someone had not installed different sized tires after it left the factory.
tom

OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why a dealership wouldn't notice this upon final inspection assuming that they test drove it first. Did you notice it as soon as you left the lot? If it was me I'd rule out low tire pressure, natural pull to one side from the crown of the road and pulling to one side when braking versus always pulling to one side. If you rule out pressure, road surface and pulling when braking I would think you do have an alignment issue. Then you can decide if you want to make it a issue for another Ford garage or if its easier to deal with it on your own.

I didn't notice anything took it into the dealer and it was on point for alignment. They couldn't see or feel it pull. I think the front passenger wheel might be slightly out of balance is the only thing I can think of.

OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should be covered by warranty. Talk to the service writer at a Ford dealer. It is possible that there is a problem with the suspension.
Make sure your tire pressures are set properly and that someone had not installed different sized tires after it left the factory.
tom

It was nearly perfect on the alignment check. I think it might be a slight out of balance issue with the front passenger tire but the dealer couldn't find anything.

Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Find a very flat parking lot about 5:00AM and a good straight section where you can release the steeing wheel. See if it pulls on a flat section.
You might also swap a rear tire for the RF and see if that causes any change. One brother had a FWD that he rotated tires on. He developed a pull. The tire wear had changed the shape of the tread, and when rotated caused 'something' that pulled. I would also see about putting the tires off ground and rotating them to check for side-to-side variance and out-of-round. A staff/ruler/yardstick held on a brick by a brick can act as a stable pointer and check that the distance from tire to yardstick does not vary. If it does... mebbe back to the dealer?
tom

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So I picked up my Maverick last week and drove it down to North Carolina. Already I have noticed that its pulling hard to the right, is there a warranty issue that I could use, seems pretty crazy that in a week and half I already have to take a brand new vehicle into the shop for a alignment check. I didn't hit any potholes on my way down or in the city. Thoughts?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Raise the front of the vehicle and see if you have a brake dragging the right drive wheel. Has to be in neutral to check it. Both wheels off the ground of course. Did they do this at the dealer? Or where they just concerned about the alignment?

OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Raise the front of the vehicle and see if you have a brake dragging the right drive wheel. Has to be in neutral to check it. Both wheels off the ground of course. Did they do this at the dealer? Or where they just concerned about the alignment?
Just a concern about an alignment, my next step is take it back and try to show a technician of what I'm seeing/feeling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I finally got my brother to notice the same thing I was feeling/seeing. Are analysis is something is off on the steering column. The truck with drive straight (as to the alignment being good) but if you hit a bump it will move the steering wheel to the right and stay there. it seems that the centering of the steering wheel is slightly moved to the right. We also noticed the steering is tight when making a left turn but noticeably loose when making a right hand turn. Also while driving there is continues fight to bring the steering wheel back to center because is centered to the right. Hopefully it's something minor the dealer is going to look at it tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I finally got my brother to notice the same thing I was feeling/seeing. Are analysis is something is off on the steering column. The truck with drive straight (as to the alignment being good) but if you hit a bump it will move the steering wheel to the right and stay there. it seems that the centering of the steering wheel is slightly moved to the right. We also noticed the steering is tight when making a left turn but noticeably loose when making a right hand turn. Also while driving there is continues fight to bring the steering wheel back to center because is centered to the right. Hopefully it's something minor the dealer is going to look at it tomorrow. Fingers crossed
Anything is possible. There is also a steering assist system on this vehicle that I don't know much about but that could be a source of the problem also.:unsure:

OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anything is possible. There is also a steering assist system on this vehicle that I don't know much about but that could be a source of the problem also.:unsure:

So another guy at the dealership drove it and said everything felt normal to him and the vibrations he felt were normal. Even though I told him they were a new feeling. So maybe I need some brain surgery.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So another guy at the dealership drove it and said everything felt normal to him and the vibrations he felt were normal. Even though I told him they were a new feeling. So maybe I need some brain surgery.
Was your previous vehicle a front wheel drive ? In any case good luck with your Maverick. I only have 800 miles on my Tremor. I hope it last as long as my Dodge Magnum. 217 K on that one and still running. :)

OP
OP
LumberJack36

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was your previous vehicle a front wheel drive ? In any case good luck with your Maverick. I only have 800 miles on my Tremor. I hope it last as long as my Dodge Magnum. 217 K on that one and still running. :)

Yah my last car was a front wheel drive Mazda 3
Sponsored