Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same, I can't tell if they're rolling coal in front of me to make a statement, or it's because those truck owners are just the most absent minded and inconsiderate drivers in the road. It's funny how our trucks trigger those guys, I know their egos are as fragile, but damn.
I'd be envious too, if I was driving one of those 'compensating-for-deficiencies-in-genitalia' diesel-sucking fuel hogs and I saw a trucklet just cruising by...

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like every post people make about Maverick s someone has so much negativity to post back. Why?
Because mine is 6 days old and it feels old already. I can hear a click inside the driver door panel if I hit a certain bump on the road, this started yesterday at 300 miles.

The door seal on the rear driver side didn't sound like it dampened like it did on the first day, this started about the 3rd day of owning it. While it did dampened well prior like a new car, you'd have to slam the door pretty hard to close it and may take a 2nd or 3rd attempt to do it. All of a sudden it stops making that dampened sound/feel when I close that door and the door can close without too much effort. My Camry just stop making that great dampening noise when you close the door just a few months ago and that was 12 years old. Kind of like the new car smell but with the door dampening sound for new vehicles. The driver door still dampens well though.

On the 2nd day of owning it at 120 miles, it started making this clicking noise in this video but less intense.

I felt like I didn't deserve to post those "I picked up my Maverick!!" photos like everyone else.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd say 90% positive or neutral and only 10% negative stuff. Most of us are guys and guys like to do a bit of trash talk. Harmless garage banter. If someone here is really irking you, then ignore. In my 3 years of membership, I've only had to ignore one person.

Ron43

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick AWD ,XLT , FX4, Luxury package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The biggest problem I see is people order these mini (trucks) and wait 10-14 months to get them and then they see that there built cheap which is 100% what Ford said they were , dash and door panels hard plastic rides a little rough but very affordable that’s the main thing. The bass model is under 20k , I’ve owned loaded F150’s for over 20yrs and paid well over 60k , My Maverick XLT , Fx4 , Luxury package was 31k with my Ford discount and I expected every rattle and stiff ride it came with. Some people here think there cheap truck should ride like a Landrover and that’s just not gonna happen. They waited to long and expected to much. I love my little UTE , 1st car I’ve parked in my garage in over 20yrs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
well, DitchPickle as a first name just cracked me up.... I have no idea what that means.... but it struck a funny chord with me... so there's some positivity for this thread..
THAT'S IT !!!!!
Iv'e had enough . You all stop this nonsense right now or I will turn this Maverick around ,and no one will get an icecream cone from Dairy Queen .
Now shut it .
The good ol days

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
These threads whining about other members just strike me as passive-aggressive mutual back-patting. It's like by complaining about others, you are anointing yourselves as some kind of pristine saints, better than everyone else. It gives you an excuse to hurl insults at others (hater, troll, etc) just because they don't agree with your point of view. It's intolerance in disguise.

Give it a rest. BTW, one of the wonderful things about this forum is the ignore feature. You can ignore individuals, threads, and whole sub groups.
And miss out on all the fun....Naaaahhhh

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The biggest problem I see is people order these mini (trucks) and wait 10-14 months to get them and then they see that there built cheap which is 100% what Ford said they were , dash and door panels hard plastic rides a little rough but very affordable that’s the main thing. The bass model is under 20k , I’ve owned loaded F150’s for over 20yrs and paid well over 60k , My Maverick XLT , Fx4 , Luxury package was 31k with my Ford discount and I expected every rattle and stiff ride it came with. Some people here think there cheap truck should ride like a Landrover and that’s just not gonna happen. They waited to long and expected to much.
It's funny, I kind of expected it to be cheap and when I got mine it exceeded my expectations. Dunno what people are expecting. Ford did a good job churning out a nice, cheap little truck. I prefer the utilitarian vibe it has to fake luxury.

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be envious too, if I was driving one of those 'compensating-for-deficiencies-in-genitalia' diesel-sucking fuel hogs and I saw a trucklet just cruising by...
It's like when my cousin in law paid 40 grand for a slightly used Tacoma just to have worse fuel economy, reliability, and comfort than a maverick. Paying tens of thousands of dollars more, to have a worse product, all in the name of ego. That just blows my mind.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's funny, I kind of expected it to be cheap and when I got mine it exceeded my expectations. Dunno what people are expecting. Ford did a good job churning out a nice, cheap little truck. I prefer the utilitarian vibe it has to fake luxury.
Same here. My expectations were low and it has continued to suprise me so far. I was looking for a small truck that could handle basic homeowner tasks and still be a decent commuter vehicle for my 40 mile round trip in Austin traffic. But before I got my 2020 Ioniq Hybrid the newest car I had owned was a 2006 Toyota Matrix I got with 70k miles. Before that I was driving a 1994 VW that was lowered to the ground and didn't even come with airbags.
This little truck is so much better than what I was driving several years ago.

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To answer the OP: a lot of the time, sarcasm and friendly jabbing doesn't translate easily through the keyboard. So, people can sometimes take it the wrong way and get their undies in a bundle. Sometimes people are naturally assholes, though. But, I am never sarcastic (see what I did there?)

Serious question though: is Ditch Pickle in reference to Arctic Cat snowmobiles? Because that is what my buddies and I refer to them as.

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why the negativity?
On any vehicle-specific forum you will have people who have legitimate complaints that will be helpful to you in diagnosing and repairing problems you may have. Those members are great and appreciated by the community.

Then you will have a small percentage of idiotic OCD people who cannot bear the tiniest imperfect thing on a vehicle. "OMG, there is a spot in the paint!!11"

They will be on a forum making sure everyone knows how crappy that vehicle is. They cannot be helped and will try to drag you into the abyss they reside in.

Just put them on ignore and move on. Their affliction is terminal and there's no reason to read their drivel unless you just like to lol.

MavUnicorn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick EcoBoost XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately, even a few jerks buy Mavericks. Just be glad you do not suffer with their personality disorder.
Sponsored