Sponsored

Search results

  1. Sell before warranty expires?

    Definitely more reliable these days, people say they don't make em like they used to, thank God for that. The average lifespan of a car in the 60s was less than 7 years. Meaning on average, you bought a brand new car, and it was in a junkyard less than 7 years later. People will say what about...
  2. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    I went into my maverick knowing it would almost certainly never tow anything in its life. I just wanted something with a decent payload that had the flexibility you get with a bed.
  3. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Yep, I was following the maverick all the way back when it was a test mule trying to pass as a van with an escape front end. My thought process was "A small truck, ok". Then the design leaked and I thought it looked pretty good. Then there was the teaser showing a hybrid badge on a tailgate...
  4. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    What.... what are you trying to tell the class with this photo BK?
  5. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Some people will say, why didn't they start out with this truck instead of the lightning? It's worth remembering hindsight is 20/20. Shift the goalposts back to 2019/2020. Demand for large EV trucks was looking way stronger than it is today. Keep in mind, the cybertruck had like over a million...
  6. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    The issue with the lightning was there wasn't much of a venn diagram overlap between the kinds of people who can afford a 60k truck, the kinds of people who are receptive to EVs, and the kinds of people who want said EV to be a truck. Large EVs suck. Smaller, more affordable EVs are pretty...
  7. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    The mach-e did pretty well in the US market. The most common EVs I see on the roads apart from Tesla's.
  8. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Its actually a pretty thrilling sports ute with a ton of nice features, tech, and experiences for the price. The interior is nicer than you would expect with a sub 30k new car. In terms of performance, super low center of gravity, more downforce than a mustang, 0-60 in the mid 4s. Its gonna be...
  9. Car & Driver recommends Maverick as a great first vehicle

    I know I'm gonna sound bitter, but most 17, 18 year olds aren't gonna be buying a lightly used, or even brand new maverick without the help of their parents. It reminds me of an article I saw where it was like "Here are the best new cars parents can buy for their college aged kids". Just to...
  10. Car & Driver recommends Maverick as a great first vehicle

    To be fair, the maverick doesn't have reliability red flags and holds it's value well. My 2022 is probably still worth almost what I paid for it.
  11. Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Here's it with less camo to give you a better idea. Excuse the final image where it says real slope, the slope of the right is the actual mule and the one on the left is someone editing it to guess the hood design.
  12. Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Nah it's just obscured by the camo, but that got a chuckle out of me.
  13. Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    The rendering isn't even in the same ballpark. For instance, the front end is body colored without a fake grille, and the hood slopes down near the front. Look at the mules and where the cutouts in the front for the headlights are, that gives you a good idea of how much the hood drops.
  14. Maverick vs OG Ranger with pics...so now I get why I like this thing.

    I don't disagree. I love Ford, but I feel like one of the best things about their brand is something they've walked away from in recent years, diversity. The thing that made Ford my fav car brand was how diverse their lineup was. You have trucks, a muscle car, sporty hatchbacks, sedans, a...
  15. Maverick vs OG Ranger with pics...so now I get why I like this thing.

    What if the bronco truck just is the global truck with different branding depending on region? Ford's done this before the fusion is called mondeo in Europe for instance. The ranger name, at least when applied to a midsized truck, doesn't seem to carry any weight or significance in the US...
  16. Maverick vs OG Ranger with pics...so now I get why I like this thing.

    The current ranger is gonna be replaced with a bronco pickup. They already use the same chassis and have a ton of overlap as is so that makes sense. So that clears up the ranger name. I'd love to see the next gen maverick called ranger. Then again, I love the maverick name. It would be really...
  17. Members who seem to disappear

    Thank you.
  18. Members who seem to disappear

    I think there are a lot of dimensions to why some profiles go dark. Unfortunately some people do pass. I think most people either just lose interest or sell their maverick. Additionally, forums can be kinda stressful, it's often seeing a bunch of people who own the same product as you talking...
  19. First Sight! $30k Midsize EV Pickup Prototype

    Can you give various examples? I'm 31.




Top