Sponsored

Why did you order a Maverick? What are you going to use it for?

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because I currently drive a Tundra Crewmax and I need better MPG. I’ve looked into buying a fun car with better MPG but the insurance costs quickly soak up any MPG savings I’d be getting.
I’ve been saying for years if I could just get a fun fast truck thats good on gas I’d be perfect. Now I hope to have found one. Never been a ford guy but this seems about perfect. Can tow the boat and make me feel like a kid again as I zip around with 300hp

been waiting for something like this since the Scion truck rumors years and years ago
Sponsored

Robski

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram1500
The Maverick will replace my 08' Ram 1500 in Carrying around mine and my sons dirtbikes. Over doubling the MPG. His little 65 2 stroke will fit in the bed and my 350 will be on a hitch carrier. Like this one.
Ford Maverick Why did you order a Maverick?  What are you going to use it for? Black widow Hitch

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I've been reading a bunch of posts today and very few folks have given any indication why they really ordered this truck. I've heard "suits me to a tee", "this truck was made for me", etc., etc. I live in Texas country and out here in the sticks I don't think the Maverick will do too well. Oil workers and farmers and ranchers are going with Rams and F150s because that is what they need. However, I believe places like Dallas and its suburbs will probably find good sales for the Maverick.

I'm wondering - specifically, why are you buying this particular truck? I'll begin. I'm in my '70s and have owned mid-size trucks of various sorts during my life. I loved my two Dodge Dakotas and I bought one of the very first Ridgelines to come off the line in 2005. Now that money is no longer a major consideration, I've been driving Mercedes vehicles and love them but decided they just were not practical for me now that I am older with different things going on in my life. I've taken up gardening so I need something to haul plants and mulch. In my current vehicle, lucky if I can get two bags of potting soil in the thing. I live on a golf course and play almost every day but I would love to get a few guys together now and then and go to other courses - just throw the bags in the back end and go. Again, lucky if I can get a 7 iron in the car I have now. It is a beast, fast and fun to drive but I think I'm getting past that stage now. I don't trailer anything and frankly, I really don't need a truck but my love of smaller trucks won out and I ordered a Lariat that was pretty well loaded. I have a new Mercedes ordered too and should arrive next month. Now I can say I have the best of both worlds.

So, why did you buy a Maverick and what do you plan on doing with it?
I’ve wanted an economical smaller truck. It looks like it meets my needs better than anything else.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Early 30’s here.

I used to always want a big truck. I’m not in construction, I don’t tow anything, don’t care to own anything worth towing, so wanting a b truck was just…. Well, for show.

Now that I’m married with two boys, it’s not about me and my wants anymore, so I’ve been truck shopping for months, much to my wife’s dismay. We can afford an F-150 or a Ram, but the more I thought about it, the less sense it made. Enter the Maverick.

I woodwork, do some landscaping around the house, you know, the usual DIY things, so as much as I love my Grand Cherokee, I hate the idea of throwing things inside that might mess up the interior, or might take space away from my boys. The Maverick has everything I want in a truck, but everything we need as a family. I know that’s a vague statement, but all the reasons why the Maverick will be successful are all the reasons why I’m buying it. Plus, a fully loaded Lariat is cheaper than what I paid for my Jeep, so that was a no brainer.

I really should proofread more often. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Early 30’s here.

I used to always want a big truck. I’m not in construction, I don’t tow anything, don
5 care to own anything worth towing, so wanting a bog truck was just…. Well, for show.

Now that I’m married with two boys, it’s not about me and my wants anymore, so I’ve been truck shopping for months, much to my wife’s dismay. We can afford an F-150 or a Ram, but the more I thought about it, the less sense it made. Enter the Maverick.

I woodwork, do some landscaping around the house, you know, the usual DIY things, so as much as I love my Grand Cherokee, I hate the idea of throwing things inside that might mess up the interior, or might take space away from my boys. The Maverick has everything I want in a truck, but everything we need as a family. I know that’s a vague statement, but all the reasons why the Maverick will be successful are all the reasons why I’m buying it. Plus, a fully loaded Lariat is cheaper than what I paid for my Jeep, so that was a no brainer.
I can copy your answer, except I am in my late 40s and 1 boy + 2 twin girls instead of 2 boys. Done. I have not copy a homework for a long time😆

Sponsored

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah, your doubts are exactly in line with mine. It seems like the value of this truck is in the hybrid, not the AWD/FX4, but I'm still on the fence.
AWD gives you the 4K tow package which could be a big deal if you ever want to trailer a small camper or boat.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in my late 60s. We live on a small livestock farm. When I had a job, I had a 120 mile round trip commute. Bought a new 1991 Ranger 2wd regular cab as my daily driver that could also bring home feed, seed and fertilizer.

I need a small truck where I can reach the middle of the bed for tools, fencing, feed and hay while standing on the ground. New F150 and Ranger are too high. I have two Mazda pickups, 2000 and 2004, and they are getting old. The Maverick is the perfect size to replace them, and will also be great for errands and road trips.

I want to get 40MPG. I want to spend less than $30K. I want the safety of the 360 option. I want a full back seat.

There are lots of farmers (of every age) in my rural area that are still driving their old Ford Rangers and S10s. Many have a bigger truck as well, but the Ranger is the daily driver.

Mach1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 mach1
Engine
Undecided
2007 Saturn Vue is what I've been using to tow behind my motorhome. Need something newer and hybrid can be towed 4 down - if Blue Ox gets a base plate made.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted a new thread for this as my truck was the second and final truck in Roadmaster’s prototype process, and it was completed on 2/4/22. New pics of the actual production version. Search for:
Ready to flat tow your Maverick hybrid behind your motorhome?

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been reading a bunch of posts today and very few folks have given any indication why they really ordered this truck. I've heard "suits me to a tee", "this truck was made for me", etc., etc. I live in Texas country and out here in the sticks I don't think the Maverick will do too well. Oil workers and farmers and ranchers are going with Rams and F150s because that is what they need. However, I believe places like Dallas and its suburbs will probably find good sales for the Maverick.

I'm wondering - specifically, why are you buying this particular truck? I'll begin. I'm in my '70s and have owned mid-size trucks of various sorts during my life. I loved my two Dodge Dakotas and I bought one of the very first Ridgelines to come off the line in 2005. Now that money is no longer a major consideration, I've been driving Mercedes vehicles and love them but decided they just were not practical for me now that I am older with different things going on in my life. I've taken up gardening so I need something to haul plants and mulch. In my current vehicle, lucky if I can get two bags of potting soil in the thing. I live on a golf course and play almost every day but I would love to get a few guys together now and then and go to other courses - just throw the bags in the back end and go. Again, lucky if I can get a 7 iron in the car I have now. It is a beast, fast and fun to drive but I think I'm getting past that stage now. I don't trailer anything and frankly, I really don't need a truck but my love of smaller trucks won out and I ordered a Lariat that was pretty well loaded. I have a new Mercedes ordered too and should arrive next month. Now I can say I have the best of both worlds.

Have a convertible but me & my dog travel to Ohio a lot and need a more comfortable 2nd vehicle for my golden years, plus it's just cute!!!!!

Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Robbing banks. Hybrid. Quiet get-away. Good mileage won't cut into the profits. I'll bet 1500 pounds of money is a lot.

Last edited:

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 1997 ranger and I like the size but wish it had a back seat. The bed is more than enough for my needs and when I saw the Maverick I realized it was perfect for day-to-day use with occasional hauling. The hybrid will get better mileage than my focus so it will be just right.

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Robbing banks. Hybrid. Quiet get-away. Good mileage won't cut into the profits.
Nice maverick. The 1973 was my first car in ‘79.

JamestownND!

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev

I am getting older and do not need a large pick up like I have. So I was looking for something smaller but still meets my truck needs. Great price, lost cost operation but looks like a truck.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice maverick. The 1973 was my first car in ‘79.
My 1st Maverick came to me unexpectedly. I worked at a Lincoln Mercury dealer when I still had dark hair (before my first marriage). For a while, I was in the Leasing and Rental Division, which shared a large space with the Finance people.

The Mav was repossessed from someone that was down on their luck. The right front fender had a football sized dent, the exhaust was damaged, the passenger front door glass was broken, and it was filthy. The Finance Manager offered it to me for what was owed on it. $139.00 SOLD!

Body shop, glass company, fluff and buff, exhaust, tires.=nice car! Maverick had unusual names for their colors. The green was called Anti-Establish Mint. I called it excre-mint.
Sponsored

Last edited: