Sponsored

Sliding rear window. Did you order it for your Maverick? Is it useful?

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This will be my first truck and I own a station wagon where I can load 10' long pvc pipes or lumber in the vehicle.
How common/practical will be to insert a bunch of 2x6 through the open rear glass up to the dashboard? The sliding rear window area look small and fragile, and maybe even annoying / limiting the rear visibility.
Do you see a way to transport 12'-16' lumber during short trips to the hardware store without installing a rack?
I almost never use the rear sliding window, but definitely love having the option, I did used like 5+ time to carry 2x4's 16 feet long, as long you put a tower on the lower part of the window to avoid scratches you'll good to go.

I think that is better having the option and don't need it, than need it and no having the option.
Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be my first truck and I own a station wagon where I can load 10' long pvc pipes or lumber in the vehicle.
How common/practical will be to insert a bunch of 2x6 through the open rear glass up to the dashboard? The sliding rear window area look small and fragile, and maybe even annoying / limiting the rear visibility.
Do you see a way to transport 12'-16' lumber during short trips to the hardware store without installing a rack?
I have not used mine yet. It is standard on the Lariat.
To be honest I have yet to figure which button opens it. When at the dealer it opens fine.
a couple lifetimes ago I used my sliding window a lot. I would open that window and the vents and could get a nice air flow without ac.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've used it a bunch of times for hauling longer building materials and quite a few times when my ex's dog was in the back seat so she could poke her head through. So much better than opening a side window for the dog especially at highway speeds and I didn't have to worry about the dog scratching the door panel area. The sliding rear was definitely a good $150 or so option, glad I got it.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truck was dealer ordered so no sliding rear window . wouldn't order it anyway . had one in f150 and didn't use . have removable roof rack ( Yakima ) from f150 that also fits maverick if I ever need to carry anything long . use money to order window for roof rack .
Sponsored