Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got used to mine :)
at least for me it seemed to be bout a 3 to 4 wk acclimation to the new layout, maybe i'm slower than most at this kind of stuff but it happens whenever i've switched vehicles. after a while you will be fine.

Ford Maverick What's Your ONE Thing? PXL_20230527_190501193
Sponsored

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok one last thing to add to the list, now that I've got a few more miles on it.

The cruise control behavior is annoying. Yes it's great that you can SET+ and SET-, but it's always setting whatever the current speed. If you're rapidly clicking one direction and then need to maybe knock it back while the truck is still coasting or accelerating, it just resets the cruise speed to whatever current is. Very annoying when you're trying to get the speed dialed in when rolling from 70 to 50 and there's speed cams all over the place.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok one last thing to add to the list, now that I've got a few more miles on it.

The cruise control behavior is annoying. Yes it's great that you can SET+ and SET-, but it's always setting whatever the current speed. If you're rapidly clicking one direction and then need to maybe knock it back while the truck is still coasting or accelerating, it just resets the cruise speed to whatever current is. Very annoying when you're trying to get the speed dialed in when rolling from 70 to 50 and there's speed cams all over the place.
Mine works fine. If I need to go from say 60-50 I just pull down on set button 10 times and do opposite to go from 50-60. It’s automatic for me to count as I go from one speed to another. I seldom touch brakes or gas pedal once I get started on my trip.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reliability. Being able to walk towards the vehicle knowing that a click of the keyfob button will yield a inviting click and all the miscellaneous relays and servos start their odd welcoming melodic rhythm rather than getting silence and having to insert the key and hook up the APU (Noco).

Otherwise, I found it to be a great vehicle. The first nine months awesome, the last six, not so.

blizbiggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

blizbiggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can just buy an CarPlay wireless adapter. I recommend Ottocast, $79 on Amazon. It has been mostly reliable for me. Downside with wireless CarPlay is it drains your phone’s battery pretty quick.
I have wireless carplay/android auto and wireless charging in my Bolt and I still plug in. It simply charges faster.

Jimmyz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Spark, Chevy Traverse, Ford Fiesta &Freestar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My one thing would to actually bring my new Mav home. 23s27:cry:. It's nice to go look at it from time to time at the dealership, but would look much better in my driveway:ROFLMAO:. Come on October!!!! (service procedure & parts???)

DangerZone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plug-in hybrid version but for less than $3000 extra.

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coming back to this post, mostly because I've been spending a good amount of time this month getting Uber'd in a bunch of Toyota hybrids - Ford's design team needs to take a real close look at how Toyota has designed, implemented, and communicated the hybrid system status to the driver. Seriously, the EV coach feels like an afterthought with how it was designed, meanwhile every single Toyota hybrid is showing the hybrid battery level and giving a quick and clear visual of where the power is flowing.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Coming back to this post, mostly because I've been spending a good amount of time this month getting Uber'd in a bunch of Toyota hybrids - Ford's design team needs to take a real close look at how Toyota has designed, implemented, and communicated the hybrid system status to the driver. Seriously, the EV coach feels like an afterthought with how it was designed, meanwhile every single Toyota hybrid is showing the hybrid battery level and giving a quick and clear visual of where the power is flowing.
You as well as others have missed the whole point, the Price point of the Maverick HyBird is far less than a Toyota. NOw if you want all the bells and whistles then pay for it. The Lux package has a nice graphic that the lesser HyBirds do not get

Sponsored

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You as well as others have missed the whole point, the Price point of the Maverick HyBird is far less than a Toyota. NOw if you want all the bells and whistles then pay for it. The Lux package has a nice graphic that the lesser HyBirds do not get
That's the thing, I've got the XLT Luxury package. Considering how much stuff is packed into the IPC, there's no excuse for a lack of system information to be made available to drivers.

And here's another thing to consider - just about every vehicle Toyota offers has a hybrid option, and it's been that way for several years now. So this isn't about price points, it's about getting the designers to realize that there's a better way to do hybrid system communication.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's the thing, I've got the XLT Luxury package. Considering how much stuff is packed into the IPC, there's no excuse for a lack of system information to be made available to drivers.
It would be easy and cost effective for them to add it across all platforms considering it's mostly just software but I think they try to use it as a marketing point. What I don't like is the lack of a back up alert on my loaded XLT. First Ford in my last five that doesn't have it standard. Cross traffic but no back up? What the heck were they thinking?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And here's another thing to consider - just about every vehicle Toyota offers has a hybrid option, and it's been that way for several years now. So this isn't about price points, it's about getting the designers to realize that there's a better way to do hybrid system communication.
YOu have a screen that will show you how much hybrid power is happening,

It is about price, toyota right now has does not have a Hybrid in the price point of a Maverick.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO that is unnecessary to see that. I like the Ford implementation personally. Super simple. As a user, I don't care at all where my electric battery is charged to or how power is flowing - it's meaningless.

We have to assume the engineers did their job and made the system frictionless, which it feels like they did. As a user, we just drive, and the system figures out the rest.

FWIW my wife has a 2010 Prius and it shows this information. I never look at it. It's just not important.

The Toyota hybrids don't even show engine coolant temp, at least the Maverick does. This is important because Toyota hybrids have an issue with water pump failures leading to overheats and head gasket failures, which would be prevented by having a coolant temp readout.
Sponsored