Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

ok let's all pretend we're in the room with the next Maverick cycle refresh team for a moment and they give you ONE thing on the next truck that you can change/remove or add...what would it be? 1st thing i would say is that they did good with our beloved little truck but there's always room for improvement. i don't mean your whole 'wish list' , just that ONE thing or feature that Ford should consider next, i know there's a lot more that we would all like but that's for a different thread. my biggest beef is having to reset the drive mode EVERY time i restart the truck, it's just asinine IMHO. i mean really how much would the chip or circuit that could retain the last selected drive mode add to the MSRP? i know it's only 4 quick button clicks but why not just be able to choose a driving mode you like and then go on with your life? what say you? i think we could do ourselves and Ford a great service here with our feedback as we are what i believe is the preeminent online Maverick truck community, if they pay attention to us we could actually have a impact on the next Maverick, how cool would that be?

Ford Maverick What's Your ONE Thing? PXL_20230426_195937464
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The interior quality blows. The plastics quality is the worst that I have ever seen in any vehicle I have ever been in.

Passable in 22k XLs, but a slap in the face at 35-40k.

In terms of features, I'd like to see a seat bottom cushion that is independently adjustable.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's start with everything as-is just works as-advertised for the foreseeable future, no question about it.

Don't shoot for the moon if you can't even get off the block without breaking down.

I sold my Maverick this week. Zero confidence in the product or Ford. If I could expect it to work like it did from day one I would be a life long fan, but I didn't have that expectation. I don't participate in Beta tests with my own money on the line.

Now it's on to Toyota. I will buy a N.A. 4-cyl or 6-cyl Tacoma and drive it until the wheels fall off, I could care less about the mileage it gets as long as it still runs 20 years from now.

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FITS everywhere!

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree on the plastic quality. Not only does it scratch easily, but some of the edges are not smooth and refined. Looks like recycled materials.

Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Above all else, I'd like a longer bed version. Either by simple extension, or by eliminating the back seat and replacing it with a small storage area.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree on the plastic quality. Not only does it scratch easily, but some of the edges are not smooth and refined. Looks like recycled materials.
You didn't look at the marketing materials or reviews? The interior plastic doesn't just look like recycled materials, it is recycled materials. Ford pushed it as a selling point to the target buyers they had in mind when developing the vehicle (millennials). :LOL:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Include Parking/Safety sensors on front bumpers - like those on the rear (on vehicle equipped)
Sponsored