What's Your ONE Thing?

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Move the back up camera next to the license plate where it will be protected from most elements
rain and snow distort this too easy
also if they moved it next to the license plate, you would be able to see what's behind you when you back up with the tailgate down. (so you down damage the tailgate backing up)
Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wishlist

1) Ability to save last used drive mode
2) 40/60 folding/removable backseat
3) larger Infotainment screen to delete cubby
4) Plug-In Hybrid

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is all over the place, I've had my Maverick now for 15 months and I love it, but the major thing I hate is the infomatic system, I have an XLT so I get the Sync 0.5 version. Yes, it has Apple Care Play, but I need to hook it up to the system, it's unable to do it via Bluetooth. The system is slow to connect at times and slow to move from app to app.

If you want a better system, you must move up to the XLT Lux package or Lariat. I never understood why the Maverick didn't have a "Tech Package" In the Escape they have 2 "Tech Package" options. One is $995:
Ford Maverick What's Your ONE Thing? 1686149923771

Which would give everything I wanted, the SYNC 4 is amazing, it's fast and the 13" screen is amazing. I feel the price is right.
The other package is $4300:
Ford Maverick What's Your ONE Thing? 1686150055803

I currently have a loaner Escape with this package, I love the 13" screen:
Ford Maverick What's Your ONE Thing? IMG_3818[1].JPG

I feel if Maverick had this package it would make a difference and many people wouldn't be happy.

OP
OP
Old Ford Guy

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the welcome! Funny thing though, I'm not a Brit lol. Military stationed in the UK, got my Maverick off Military Auto Source with a bit of luck and the right timing. Couple other Mavericks floating around, I think I have the only 2023 over here currently. Lot of fun driving a US spec truck around these narrow UK roads, just glad it isn't bigger like the 2013 F-250 Crew Cab I drive around in at work (that truck challenges the local lorries for overall length).
20230605_223555.jpg

Mavericks look a lot like the UK Rangers.
wow, thats so cool! please stay safe and thank u 4 your service. back many many years ago i had a good friend in the service stationed in Germany and they shipped his vehicle there and back at the end of his deployment for what seemed a reasonable fee. i cant tell you what it is was but he wasnt all bent out of shape about it. i think he was a E-3 at the time. do they still do that ?

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm pretty basic and don't need much, but how about wireless Apple Car Play?! It's 2023...
You can just buy an CarPlay wireless adapter. I recommend Ottocast, $79 on Amazon. It has been mostly reliable for me. Downside with wireless CarPlay is it drains your phone’s battery pretty quick.

Sponsored

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy RadioDoc,
Are you stationed anywhere near Salisbury? I was born there and have lots of relatives around that area as my mother was in the WRAF when she met my dad who was in the US Army.
I wish, scenery out that way is much better than up around Cambridge.

wow, thats so cool! please stay safe and thank u 4 your service. back many many years ago i had a good friend in the service stationed in Germany and they shipped his vehicle there and back at the end of his deployment for what seemed a reasonable fee. i cant tell you what it is was but he wasnt all bent out of shape about it. i think he was a E-3 at the time. do they still do that ?
Yep they still do that. I get 1 vehicle to ship along with my household goods, so my Maverick is heading back to the States with me (my motorcycle will just count towards my overall HHG weight).

Back to the thread topic, got another thing to add to the list -Brail dots on the 3-button rows on both sides of the steering wheel and the drive mode row. Just like a dot or a dash, something tactile, on the center button of each row just to help better orient where your hand is without needing to take your eyes off the road to look at where you're putting your thumb or finger.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep it cheap, even if that means nothing is changed.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some of your posts -
"I sold my Maverick this week. Zero confidence in the product or Ford. "

"Mav' will be the best looking truck stuck on the side of the road, no doubt about it "

"They don't make anything like they used to. I'd take a 2023 Subaru over a 2023 Ford every day and twice on Sunday."

"Sketch as F, but not a surprise. There is a serious safety problem with this vehicle."

" If I keep this POS, and that is a big IF right now, I will. But more likely I will flip this for $12k more than I paid to some unicorn fart sniffer (we have plenty of them in CA), and go buy a Tacoma with a cast iron block and real frame rails where they nestle things like fuels lines :ROFLMAO:""
May I suggest - Toyota Tacoma Forum - Why stay on a Maverick forum to only throw shade on the truck ? Bet you made a tidy profit as well. Please we get it, - move on and find something else to bitch about and spare us all the same -"this truck sux. " BS.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Split rear bench

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although I haven't taken delivery of my own yet( nor do I have a build date), I have driven my son's which is a Lariat EB ( I have a hybrid ordered) on a few occasions and the one thing that trips me up every time I drive it is the location of the push button start switch. OLD FORD GUY I see you have a Lariat also, have you become acclimated to the location down under the center stack? I would like to see it moved up to a more ergonomically friendly position.

OP
OP
Old Ford Guy

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Although I haven't taken delivery of my own yet( nor do I have a build date), I have driven my son's which is a Lariat EB ( I have a hybrid ordered) on a few occasions and the one thing that trips me up every time I drive it is the location of the push button start switch. OLD FORD GUY I see you have a Lariat also, have you become acclimated to the location down under the center stack? I would like to see it moved up to a more ergonomically friendly position.
hello, yes i would have to say that after a month or so of ownership control location is becoming 2nd nature. i will admit to a steep learning curve at first.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got used to mine :)
Sponsored