First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Michelins came from the dealer at 37 psi. The factory recommendation on the door panel is 35 psi. Thinking about going to 32 psi for a smoother ride.
Sponsored

Robber's Roost

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The factory recommendation on the door panel is 35 psi. Thinking about going to 32 psi for a smoother ride.
Haven't tried it but if you do let us know what you think of any changes in ride quality, handling, and impact to mpg. My Lariat Michelins are running 35 psi and the ride is pretty taut.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm at 32psi cold and like the ride
23mpg every day, no reset since delivered

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine shipped with 45 psi, but I usually keep them right around the recommended 35

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The pressure that it says on the door sticker.
Is this a trick question?

Last edited:

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm seeing swings of 6 psi from 32-38 depending on temps. That's why I keep it at 35 psi.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When hauling a lot of weight, 40 to 42 on the rears. I leave the fronts at 35-38 for traction since it is FWD.

The door sticker is "recommended" pressure and is an all around "average" pressure suitable for all seasons and most conditions.

Generally speaking it is SAFE & SANE to go 10 above or 10 below. But you are trading one aspect for another.

For most, just set it to 35 and leave it there.

But if you like to "tweak" things, sure, lower is softer ride and better traction on sand & snow. But less traction on wet surfaces, lower MPG, and your tires will wear faster.

Higher pressure will be a harsher ride, worse traction on sand & snow, but better traction (less hydroplane) on wet surfaces, higher MPG, and tires wear more smoothly/slowly.

I'm in an area that never freezes so I reap the benefits of adding slightly more pressure. Nothing crazy. Nothing unsafe.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just checked my tires yesterday. (these are the "Take-offs" from my MAV's brother).
They were at 32psi.
I adjusted them to 35psi.
Noticed on the side of the tire that the max psi is "51" :eek:
Really??

Jerry

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is they are overinflated for the train ride. If they are still overinflated when you get it, you'll know how good that dealer prep was. Mine were at 45 PSI,
Thanks, Mcluvin. I never heard that before. Mine were set at 35 when I got it from the dealer. That said, there a whole lot of things that go into tire pressure and ride quality, all the way from weather temperature to model/wear of tire. I've always gone with the door sticker recommendation, but the few times I headed across the desert, I upped the pressure a few pounds to help dissipate heat. Some folks lower the pressure a few pounds when driving in snow conditions. Chacun a son gout.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Michelins came from the dealer at 37 psi. The factory recommendation on the door panel is 35 psi. Thinking about going to 32 psi for a smoother ride.
Do you have a lariat since factory Michelins? Continentals on my XLT.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me: 24 hybrid Lariat - Michellin A/S came from dealer with 45 psi = boo.

I am in a mild climate, drive paved roads and freeway and I like a decent ride. I keep mine at 36 psi. This tank shows 45mpg and I am happy with the trade-off of nice ride and mpg.

I had a 22 Lariat EB [pictured], same Michelin A/S tires. The ride was more compliant. I think it handled uneven pavement better due to the independent rear suspension versus the torsion bar rear used in the hybrids. The hybrid seems more taut.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine from dealer 37 psi nominal. Continental brand. Got truck in Oct, so cooler climes. Left as is. Check TPMS last week, holding similar pressure, yet lil bit warmer niw.

If carrying a load of dirt or something heavy, will check what tire max rated pressure, might increase tire pressure at rear to its rated load carrying number, or to perhaps just increase 5, to 40 psi. My old F250 had numbers like 65 for front, 80 for rear. Of course they were LT or truck tires. Had a TPMS on it and towing a fiver, on hot days, pressure n temperature would rise.

Joe Strummer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My understanding is they are overinflated for the train ride. If they are still overinflated when you get it, you'll know how good that dealer prep was. Mine were at 45 PSI,
Dittoi.
Sponsored