First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Ford Maverick mid December of 2021. My dealer had me reorder/cancel that order and send in a new order for a 2023.
I was one of 3 out of 40 orders from my dealer that didn't get built.
I then got an email from Ford saying there were still delays and they would update me in 45 days!!!
I see on here that other people ordered later than me and got their Maverick this year.
My dealer also has used Mavericks but they are 5-6K more than I am supposed to pay!!
I looked at getting my deposit back but there is nothing out there at that price.
I looked at used Ford Rangers and Honda Ridgelines but to keep it in the same price range, I have to buy a 5 year old car with mileage on it.
Plus the gas mileage is not as good as the Maverick.

I am wondering if Ford is just going to wait until I back out and then they can make my truck and sell it for 5-6K more.
My dealer is getting sick of me asking for updates - he doesn't have any!!!
Getting tired of waiting - is it based on geographical region of the US? I am way up here in Northern Vermont.

Anybody else been waiting as long as I have or longer? It's depressing to go to this site and see people get their truck in 4-5 months.
It was not a special order - I ordered a black XLT with no special features.
This sucks - I want my Maverick.
I ordered my Ford Maverick mid December of 2021. My dealer had me reorder/cancel that order and send in a new order for a 2023.
I then got an email from Ford saying there were still delays and they would update me in 45 days!!!
I see on here that other people ordered later than me and got their Maverick this year.
My dealer also has used Mavericks but they are 5-6K more than I am supposed to pay!!
I looked at getting my deposit back but there is nothing out there at that price.
I looked at used Ford Rangers and Honda Ridgelines but to keep it in the same price range, I have to buy a 5 year old car with mileage on it.

I am wondering if Ford is just going to wait until I back out and then they can make my truck and sell it for 5-6K more.
Getting tired of waiting - is it based on geographical region of the US? I am way up here in Northern Vermont.

Anybody else been waiting as long as I have or longer? It's depressing to go to this site and see people get their truck in 4-5 months.
I ordered 12/23/21. Eco,XLT with 4k tow
Nothing yet, no dealer updates here either
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I ordered November 1st 2021. I took off packages because my dealer said I would have to because otherwise my truck won't be built. Then they went and made someone who ordered January 25th a f'in priority 10. Guess who's truck is getting built as a 2022 and who's truck is going to cost $2-3k more, have less options and have a loan with double the interest rate?

If you think Ford gives a rats-ass about who ordered first and how long you will be waiting, you ordered the wrong vehicle.

Potato bread

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered 12/6/21. Lariat lux, fx4, 4k, hot pepper red. I recieved it 11/15. I opted to remove the splash guards, protective film, and the fx4 to help production, I had given up on it being built.
I was stupid lucky that it was built as ordered, my package was locked as ordered. It is better than I hoped for. It is just a solid truck. I recieved 2021 intrest rates through Ford finance, and the price as advertised. My dealer has been honest, no shenanigans.
Its the perfect truck for interior Alaska. I hope everyone gets built, and yes, it is worth the wait. My dealer is Seekins Ford.
I did add xl rims (ebay) and blizzacks, the fx4 rims are waiting for spring.
Good luck to everyone.

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been a lot of buyers who have waited longer than you have been waiting. I'm one of them. I waited 13 months to get mine and the whole time I was seeing people who ordered a lot later than me get their Mavericks long before mine finally got built. Mine was a plane Jane XL too so no constraints and the model with the lowest chip count. Still, it took over a year.

I totally understand your frustration. I know I sure was frustrated. Just wait it out. You will be very glad you did once you get your keys. They are great vehicles. So great as a matter of fact that I ordered a second one after all of the frustration and waiting I had with the first one. The big difference is now I know what to expect and how long I could have to wait so the frustration part is gone.

I think I must have gotten lucky this time because I was one of the fortunate ones to get a build date already for my 23 Maverick. But after how the first one went, I will only believe they will actually build it when promised when I actually take delivery!

Hold on, be patient and honestly, stop bugging the dealer. He/She has no more control over the build timing than you do. Good luck and here's hoping you get the magic email in the next mass mail from Ford!

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, talk to the dealer about the used ones it has in stock. Considering you have an order in place for a new one with the same dealer, you’d hope the sales manager would cut you a deal on a used one and keep the new one whenever it is built.

Last edited:

ctosborn1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2103 Ford F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly, I am in the same boat. I ordered around the same time. I was told by the dealer that the order would never be fulfilled, and that I should reorder. I placed my order (Lariat, hybrid engine, Lux package) for the 2023 on the first day the order line was open. I received a confirmation email from Ford stating they received my order. I also received the follow-up email stating that I would get a follow-up email ever 45 days.

I was not given any information on what my priority number is, and I have no idea how to get that information.

I decided to get creative and have been on the lookout for Mavericks that are being advertised for sale by dealers within a 100-mile radius of where I live. Last weekend I found exactly what I wanted from a dealer 2 hours away. I reached out to them through their site and told them I was a "definite buy" on Monday (cash/no trade). Here is how they responded:

"Unfortunately, this vehicle has a Stop Delivery Hold at the moment due to an airbag recall. Ford doesn't have a fix for it yet and wont have any answers until the first quarter of next year. Secondly, We have a deposit on the vehicle, so as of right now it is "sold". Ford controls our website, so we are unable to remove the vehicle from view.

I apologize about any inconvenience. "

So, now I am a bit more than frustrated. Any car showing up on dealer lots probably will not be for sale (Stop Delivery Hold). I cannot see how anyone is getting a Maverick if there is an airbag recall that Ford does not have a fix for. If some Mavericks are being sold that do not have an airbag problem, that means that "Ford doesn't have a fix for it yet and wont have any answers until the first quarter of next year. " is not true. If they are able to deliver Mavericks that don't have the problem, the must have found "a fix for it".

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't make any more money off of the dealer selling your truck for more so there's no conspiracy at play waiting until the moment you cancel to schedule.
Ford Mo Co does not directly make any more off of a sale with ADM. Although the dealer pays a franchise fee based on their profit margin. So indirectly Ford Mo Co gets a little more.

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all about allocation. If your Ford dealer has for example 10 allocations, and they had 20 orders, well 10 ppl are not going to get it even if you had Priority. If your dealer is big and have 20 allocations, then with 20 orders, everyone will get one, even the lowest priority.

ctosborn1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2103 Ford F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was told by the dealer that the inventory on their lot was undeliverable due to a "delivery hold" based on the airbag recall, how are there vehicles on the lot in CT that are deliverable. Why do these vehicles NOT have the same airbag problem. If they don't have the airbag problem, it stands to reason that Ford has found a resolution, and there is no reason to wait until the first quarter of 2023 for a resolution.

I just would like to know why the dealer I spoke to made the claim that they did. I would like to believe that if someone is offering a product for sale, they would actually engage with customers to sell the product. That does not seem to be happening.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford builds according to what they have, not who ordered first.
Ford does NOT build "according to what they have" nor to "who ordered first".

Its almost entirely allocations, and not even always about that.

I have even seen Tim pull up his list to find the same build picked at his dealer while passing over older orders for the same build.

But for sure they even cancelled My2022's w/vins to replace them with Fresh Hybrid Lariat Lux MY2023s. One of those said he was built LAST week.

Ford runs their scheduling for production like they run their parts acquisition system. I doubt few at Ford know how either actually work.
Sponsored