First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Continue to be frustrated. I made a post on May 13, 2022 regarding the disappointment, lack of communication, and lack of customer service from Fette Ford in NJ. Fast forward to today (7/9/22), we are still having trouble contacting anyone at Fette Ford. The only way I was able to get a hold of them is when I get in touch with Ford customer services, and they transfer me over.

I called yesterday after leaving several voicemails and finally got their sales manager Nick on the phone who told me that "I cannot help you with the Maverick order" and the General sales manager Troy was not there. My husband and I decided to go in person today to see if we can get some answers. We were able to meet with Troy who was trying to give us the all-around about all the orders they have and how everyone else is also waiting. Honestly, I just went in to know any information about my order, not about everyone else.

We have been repeatedly asking for our COVP number for months since @fordvideoguy has been recommending that we should ensure the order was placed. However, these people could care less (see attached for the picture of the last text message I received from the salesperson regarding this). In May 2022, I spoke to Nick on the phone asking him for the CVOP and he was extremely rude, condensing, and just shared that he didn’t have that number. When we went in person, we insisted on getting this information, but Troy couldn’t help us, and Nick who couldn’t help me yesterday somehow came out of his office to tell us that he couldn’t find the “lead to order conversion #” and that for this reason, we don’t have a COVP number. He shared that we need to contact Ford and get the “lead to order conversion #” but he couldn’t explain why it took until we went to see him in person for us to get this information, despite us asking for months.

We ordered on October 29, 2021, we have no VIN, we are still at a priority 10, even though we tried to tell them that they can switch you to a priority 2, but they were arguing this and pulling out this forum for their information, yet we have seen most of the @fordvideoguy . Long story short, am not even sure where we are, we never received the Ford email, unsure where we stand in terms of our order being rolled over to a 2023 and how we will go about getting the special offer. @fordvideoguy, the last video you made you stated that you are still not aware if we could switch dealers, has there been any update regarding this? I am honestly tired of dealing with the horrible customer service at Fette Ford. Can we switch dealers with the new order system/rolling over to 2023?

Additionally, we never received any call/text/email notification from Fette ford to see if we wanted to make any changes to our order, per what Ford had recommended and since the deadline was yesterday (7/8/22) we were not even given the options to make any changes. Anyone who lives in NJ and is trying to purchase a vehicle, please stay as far away from Fette Ford (Clifton, NJ) as possible, I know this will be the last vehicle we will purchase there, and will encourage all of my family and friends to also stay away from this place, unless if you like headaches and additional stress.

@fordvideoguy what are your recommendations? How do we get this "Lead to order"? What should we do? What’s the best way for us to ensure we get our order and our special offer? What’s the best way to make an official complaint about the dealership? Can we order through you guys even though we live in NJ?

@Ford Motor Company what are you guys doing? you shared that you are here to help, but have not provided any help at all!

Ford Maverick continue to be frustrated Fette communication .JPG
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sorry. There is something we can all do collectively. Email CEO Jim Farley: [email protected]

Everyone of us is his customer and we deserve to at least find out why he is breaking his promise in Ford's Oct 21 email that gave hybrid order holders the free FITS items: "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Tell him to uphold his company's promise. It's not right.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sorry to hear about that. You have lots of company here also frustrated. Since you've had no confirmation emails or other contact & Looking at what you just presented, that text screen grab pretty much confirms they never placed your order. Either they know or they don't. All the BS they've been giving you is just CYA. Hope I'm wrong about that. 🤞

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your story sounds much like mine. No communication from my dealership and lack of knowledge or caring when I called them. Your private offer may be used at another dealership on your 2023 order. What we don’t know, will you lose your place in line from 2022 when changing. That’s what I’m waiting to find out. Hopefully we get a answer before Aug. 2. Good luck 🍀

Also have never received not one Ford email ever 🤷‍♂️

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sorry to hear of your troubles. I ordered in June, 2021. I called my dealer in Januar, 2022, and they didn’t know why my order was still waiting. Ford Corp said it was on hold, and we needed an ROVP (not a COVP…no idea what the difference is), so the dealer got me to sign the invoice, give them a picture of my license, and then they did “something“ (I don’t know what). A few days later my order was off hold.

All that to say, my dealer & Ford Corp said initially Ford didn’t require a signed invoice & driver’s license until sometime in October; so they appear to agree on that. I don’t know that this will help, but it might have a bit of info you need.

Unfortunately I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. Expecting it on 7/29…maybe.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you a hybrid? If so, it may not be surprising that you don't have a build date with a 10/29 order date. It sounds like your dealer did not COVP your order.

You seem to be under the impression the dealer can change your priority to a 2. They cannot, only the region can do that. Dealer can't set it below 10. You probably should be a 2 by now, and again I think your dealer did not submit the order properly.

It is super important for anyone reading this that you do the research, read the reviews, and find a good dealer.

XLTMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla (2)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your order was very late in the game. There are plenty of folks in the same situation. It's just a damn vehicle. My attitude has been that it'd be nice if I buy and fine if I don't. There's plenty of other vehicles out there. Stop antagonizing yourself and others, you'll live more peacefully. I repeat what I have written before, let your wallet speak by buying another product from a competitor. Move on if waiting makes you miserable.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your order was very late in the game. There are plenty of folks in the same situation. It's just a damn vehicle. My attitude has been that it'd be nice if I buy and fine if I don't. There's plenty of other vehicles out there. Stop antagonizing yourself and others, you'll live more peacefully. I repeat what I have written before, let your wallet speak by buying another product from a competitor. Move on if waiting makes you miserable.
Love this

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As stated above, your dealer can't change the Priority to 2. 10 is as low as they can go so in that regard they were telling you the truth. I am pretty much in the same situation with an October 1 hrbrid order that has zero constraints. Talked to Ford Chat, I am "Clean" but still at Priority 10.

Getting info from the dealer is like pulling hen's teeth. It took me 4 months just to get my order number from the dealership. When I called the dealership up a few days ago, the quote from the dealer was "if we had known what a fiasco the Maverick was going to be, we would NEVER have even taken an order. We have a ton of pissed off customers and Ford is telling us nothing.". Based on what I can tell from my conversations with the dealer as well as others on this forum who used the same dealer, they had something around 14 Maverick orders (this is a small-town dealership in Texas). So far, they have delivered only 2 and there are 2 more that are in the build/ship process (including a June order for one of the members here). So, for this dealer they have actually only made money on maybe 15% of their orders so far. I can see why it is frustrating for all involved.

At this point, I blame Ford more than anything. Back in February/March, they clearly said that they were going to a First-In/First-Out model (taking into account constraints) and moving away from dealer-based allocation. This was clearly a blatant lie.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s just a vehicle, that’s true; and speaking with your wallet works best. However, some folks REALLY want a smaller truck, and there are currently only 2 options, and the Santa Cruz is $5,000+ more, and their colors are lame; so it’s not so easy to just walk away and be happy.

Plus she’s 8+ months into the process. To walk away would reset the whole ordeal back to 0 months. And most of all, if she just walks away the dealership isn’t held accountable for crappie service. And they might get a Maverick they’ll sell for $10k over what she’ll pay.

Of course you want to be patient & content, but I don’t think she’s antagonizing herself or us by asking what we would do in her situation. That’s my 2 cents.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The text you posted (from your dealer) pretty much tells the story.

If they didn't do what was required under the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) then your order wasn't completely accepted by Ford and your truck will not be built.

That's not good news I know, and I'm sorry about it.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Continue to be frustrated. I made a post on May 13, 2022 regarding the disappointment, lack of communication, and lack of customer service from Fette Ford in NJ. Fast forward to today (7/9/22), we are still having trouble contacting anyone at Fette Ford. The only way I was able to get a hold of them is when I get in touch with Ford customer services, and they transfer me over.

I called yesterday after leaving several voicemails and finally got their sales manager Nick on the phone who told me that "I cannot help you with the Maverick order" and the General sales manager Troy was not there. My husband and I decided to go in person today to see if we can get some answers. We were able to meet with Troy who was trying to give us the all-around about all the orders they have and how everyone else is also waiting. Honestly, I just went in to know any information about my order, not about everyone else.

We have been repeatedly asking for our COVP number for months since @fordvideoguy has been recommending that we should ensure the order was placed. However, these people could care less (see attached for the picture of the last text message I received from the salesperson regarding this). In May 2022, I spoke to Nick on the phone asking him for the CVOP and he was extremely rude, condensing, and just shared that he didn’t have that number. When we went in person, we insisted on getting this information, but Troy couldn’t help us, and Nick who couldn’t help me yesterday somehow came out of his office to tell us that he couldn’t find the “lead to order conversion #” and that for this reason, we don’t have a COVP number. He shared that we need to contact Ford and get the “lead to order conversion #” but he couldn’t explain why it took until we went to see him in person for us to get this information, despite us asking for months.

We ordered on October 29, 2021, we have no VIN, we are still at a priority 10, even though we tried to tell them that they can switch you to a priority 2, but they were arguing this and pulling out this forum for their information, yet we have seen most of the @fordvideoguy . Long story short, am not even sure where we are, we never received the Ford email, unsure where we stand in terms of our order being rolled over to a 2023 and how we will go about getting the special offer. @fordvideoguy, the last video you made you stated that you are still not aware if we could switch dealers, has there been any update regarding this? I am honestly tired of dealing with the horrible customer service at Fette Ford. Can we switch dealers with the new order system/rolling over to 2023?

Additionally, we never received any call/text/email notification from Fette ford to see if we wanted to make any changes to our order, per what Ford had recommended and since the deadline was yesterday (7/8/22) we were not even given the options to make any changes. Anyone who lives in NJ and is trying to purchase a vehicle, please stay as far away from Fette Ford (Clifton, NJ) as possible, I know this will be the last vehicle we will purchase there, and will encourage all of my family and friends to also stay away from this place, unless if you like headaches and additional stress.

@fordvideoguy what are your recommendations? How do we get this "Lead to order"? What should we do? What’s the best way for us to ensure we get our order and our special offer? What’s the best way to make an official complaint about the dealership? Can we order through you guys even though we live in NJ?

@Ford Motor Company what are you guys doing? you shared that you are here to help, but have not provided any help at all!
I can tell they did not enter any of their orders into the ROVP process or else they would have had some vehicles already show up and be delivered. It is good that they did tell you that they were struggling with all their other orders because that gives you a clue that they probably don't know what they're doing since they haven't received any. Since you did not get the email i would almost guarantee that they did not submit your order through the proper process and you don't have an improved order. Which also means that you will not get the private offer. In that case you'll be putting a new order with any dealership that you want to in 23 because you won't get priority anyway.

Here is the process of getting the ROVP number out of their system. I hope this helps and I hope I'm wrong.

Ford Maverick continue to be frustrated Screenshot_20220709-230716_Docs

Ford Maverick continue to be frustrated Screenshot_20220709-230727_Docs
Sponsored