Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dougski!

First thing you need to do is take your home address off your profile.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dougski

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Why is there no explanation from Ford as to what Maverick gets built? If constraints aren't an issue and dealers have allotments those should be built. It's beyond reason that random Mavericks get built while identical ones (identical as far as constraints and allotment) don't get built. It's like some two-year-old draws names out of a bowl or a computer randomly pulls the name of the lucky Maverick order.
Exactly!!!! And why do they open up ordering again when they haven't finished making the older orders?

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would ask your dealer to give you the order number and priority code. Then either call or use the chat on Ford.com to ask about the status of your order.

Don't rely on either your dealer or on Ford to have all the facts. Your dealer may not have all the information but your order might not have been entered right either, in which case Ford might not have all the info.

What you really, really need is to have your dealer assign your truck a priority 10. And check to see if you have any constrained items that can be added at the dealer like mud flaps. That is about the only thing you can personally do.
Ah the famous mud flaps. I am not sure why they even offer them. I dropped them got a vin 2 weeks later.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly!!!! And why do they open up ordering again when they haven't finished making the older orders?
While it is frustrating, manufacturing doesn't work that way. They need a truck going down that line every few minutes. And they cannot stop the line to wait on the parts they need to make a particular truck. So they build what they have parts for.

Can you imagine what would happen if they did not take any orders until all current ones were built? Shut down the factory and lay off everyone. Bring them back for a day when parts come in and then shut down again? Sorry, no.

They need a full mix of orders to match up with parts available to keep the line running. Most of the time that works very well. In this case a lot of people got screwed over because Ford or their suppliers could not deliver on time. I really feel for those folks, but the answer is not to stop taking orders.

Sponsored

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same dec 21 2021 loaded XLT order date . I saw many trucks get built with the same options as me and a later date than mine . I reordered for 23 and made sure the dealer got my order in which was on Sep 16th . 2 weeks ago I received a build date for dec 12th week so it is happening . At 65 this is definitely the worst car purchase in my lifetime but its out of our control .

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many times do people need to add the same ole story. Rinse and repeat, blah, blah, blah.

Tomstruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecosort,1932 Ford Coupe, 1929 Model A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waited 13 months and 3 weeks to get my eb, xlt , 4k Towing awd, hot pepper Maverick. I deleted the mud flaps and bed cover after about 6 months wait. Build date changed twice. Had better cover installed by dealer. Dealership and my salesman were great. Got quoted price and 1.9% on loan and a very good price on my trade in. It was worth the wait for me!

ghertwe2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
13 plus months and my truck was shipped by rail and dropped off awaiting a truck, but Buffalo is buried in snow, so I assume my truck is too.

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might have missed it but did you order an Ecoboost or Hybrid?

Sponsored

cdsmith379

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd suggest if you want the truck don't get your deposit back. That's where I went wrong. I went through a similar thing, strung along for nearly a year and I had had it, they refunded my deposit but promised me first right of refusal. Of course they ignored that, never called me and sold the truck to someone else for a markup. And the dealership boot lickers here jumped all over me. They must enjoy being abused, I don't know. Like I did this whole thing for nothing, like I have nothing better to do than order a truck they said would be 12-16 weeks to arrive and wait a year plus instead.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it is frustrating, manufacturing doesn't work that way. They need a truck going down that line every few minutes. And they cannot stop the line to wait on the parts they need to make a particular truck. So they build what they have parts for.

Can you imagine what would happen if they did not take any orders until all current ones were built? Shut down the factory and lay off everyone. Bring them back for a day when parts come in and then shut down again? Sorry, no.

They need a full mix of orders to match up with parts available to keep the line running. Most of the time that works very well. In this case a lot of people got screwed over because Ford or their suppliers could not deliver on time. I really feel for those folks, but the answer is not to stop taking orders.
I generally agree, but they really should have not taken nearly as many hybrid orders.

upnash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Dodge Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Ford Maverick mid December of 2021. My dealer had me reorder/cancel that order and send in a new order for a 2023.
I was one of 3 out of 40 orders from my dealer that didn't get built.
I then got an email from Ford saying there were still delays and they would update me in 45 days!!!
I see on here that other people ordered later than me and got their Maverick this year.
My dealer also has used Mavericks but they are 5-6K more than I am supposed to pay!!
I looked at getting my deposit back but there is nothing out there at that price.
I looked at used Ford Rangers and Honda Ridgelines but to keep it in the same price range, I have to buy a 5 year old car with mileage on it.
Plus the gas mileage is not as good as the Maverick.

I am wondering if Ford is just going to wait until I back out and then they can make my truck and sell it for 5-6K more.
My dealer is getting sick of me asking for updates - he doesn't have any!!!
Getting tired of waiting - is it based on geographical region of the US? I am way up here in Northern Vermont.

Anybody else been waiting as long as I have or longer? It's depressing to go to this site and see people get their truck in 4-5 months.
It was not a special order - I ordered a black XLT with no special features.
This sucks - I want my Maverick.
I’m in Ohio, ordered on 10/21, still waiting

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Ford Maverick mid December of 2021. My dealer had me reorder/cancel that order and send in a new order for a 2023.
I was one of 3 out of 40 orders from my dealer that didn't get built.
I then got an email from Ford saying there were still delays and they would update me in 45 days!!!
I see on here that other people ordered later than me and got their Maverick this year.
My dealer also has used Mavericks but they are 5-6K more than I am supposed to pay!!
I looked at getting my deposit back but there is nothing out there at that price.
I looked at used Ford Rangers and Honda Ridgelines but to keep it in the same price range, I have to buy a 5 year old car with mileage on it.
Plus the gas mileage is not as good as the Maverick.

I am wondering if Ford is just going to wait until I back out and then they can make my truck and sell it for 5-6K more.
My dealer is getting sick of me asking for updates - he doesn't have any!!!
Getting tired of waiting - is it based on geographical region of the US? I am way up here in Northern Vermont.

Anybody else been waiting as long as I have or longer? It's depressing to go to this site and see people get their truck in 4-5 months.
It was not a special order - I ordered a black XLT with no special features.
This sucks - I want my Maverick.
Long McArthur has Mavericks for MSRP. Tim @fordvideoguy can explain better than I how it can be shipped to you.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally agree, but they really should have not taken nearly as many hybrid orders.
Yeah totally agree. Except, I have to wonder about that. I know they said 35 / 65 Ecoboosts. I know the battery / hybrid drive train is constrained. And yet they were monitoring the orders as they came in. They shut down the order process much earlier than they originally said they would. They shut down hybrids even earlier. Surely, they had a number in mind, or they would not have shut it down at all. So why go past that number before shutting it down?
Yeah, they could have not been paying any attention but I don't believe that. I'm going to wait until next September and see how things are going. I'm likely being silly but I just cannot believe Ford was asleep at the wheel after the mess in 2022.
Sponsored