Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Let's take a look at the big picture for a moment. Did you order a hybrid? What trim level? What add-ons? What packages, if any?

Did you go into your dealer and put down a deposit?
Did they get a copy of your DL?
Did they get your email address?
Did they give you a copy of your purchase order stating what you ordered and the cost?
Does it have your priority code listed and your order number on it?
What is your priority code? It should be a number from 10-19.
Did you get a confirmation email from Ford?

Some things to keep in mind:

1. EPA didn't approve mileage until the 3rd week of October.
2. Emissions wasn't approved until the first week of December
3. The OKTB wasn't given until 7 or 8 December.
4. Ford had problems with logistics and getting parts, which resulted in plant shut downs several times.
5. The plant was closed during Thanksgiving week.
6. Ford was shup down for two weeks for Christmas and New Years.
7. On Thursdays, Ford sends out emails notifying customers that their order has gone into production. The next scheduled round of emails won't happen again until 13 January. No emails this week.

A few other things to keep in mind:

Ford isn't processing each Maverick in the order they were received. They set the line up the most efficient way they can with like vehicles and parts availability.

If Ford is missing just one thing, say, the spray in bed liner, tow hitch, or whatever else may be backordered, that will bump your vehicle back until they have parts in.

Your dealer belongs to a region, and your region looks at orders.

Your dealer has so many allocations per month, and there could be more people that have a lower priority number than yours. And this is where the region looks at orders, and can lower your number below 10 if allocations are available at your dealer, and then Ford looks at the region.

There are probably more factors, but these are a few things that may help you understand the ordering and production selection process.

For me, I reserved online at Ford in June. I went into the dealer on 15 October and placed an order for an XLT hybrid with the lux package and co-pilot in Velocity Blue. Got the confirmation from Ford within 10 minutes. I personally am not expecting to get my Maverick until April or May. I'll be surprised if it's any sooner than that.

I hope this explains to clear things up and help you understand better, and gives you peace of mind.
I ordered exact truck with mud flaps and sliding rear window on 11/15. Have confirmation and called Ford to confirm. I know I'm in for the long haul. Hope it's worth it.
Sponsored

Zwyatt7

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
This is a helpful thread. Yeah I’ve been really frustrated myself. Ordered 6/14! Hybrid Lariat Lux package. I have bed lights on mine as well which may be causing holdup. I’m willing to wait but it’s just frustrating the lack of communication or such little initiative to communicate to the customers. Both my dealer and Ford.

OP
OP

Whitehead

First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Dodge Charger hemi scat pack
I got my second wind of patience two weeks ago when someone from the dealership called and said my truck had been scheduled. The build date is 3/28 with a delivery date of 4/28. Tomorrow I’ll call him back though because I have not received a confirmation letter from Ford. I wonder if my Maverick’s build day will be put back a month. Does anyone know if the Canadian freedom blockade will affect the Maverick?
Sponsored