Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is PLENTY of hard, factual, quantifiable evidence just on this site. My order was October 1st with zero constraints. The wording of the communication was that trucks would be built in a FIFO order barring constraints. Since my truck has no constraints, it should have been built before any later hybrid orders that had constraint items (i.e CP360, bed liners, etc). That is CLEARLY not what happened. Based on the October United thread, there are a small number of October Hybrid orders that have already been delivered, a good number (10%-20%?) that are currently in build/delivery, and a majority (50%+) that have VINs. The November United thread shows that there are at least some November Hybrids with VINs. I have seen a couple of other early/mid-October orders in the same situation as I am in. The one common denominator is that we all bought from smaller dealers.

So if you want even more factual data, just watch the fordvideoguy Youtubes where he goes through his current list. The percentage of delivered, in-delivery, built, and scheduled vehicles are WAY, WAY higher than my dealer. My dealer had 14 Maverick orders. So far they have only delivered 2, and have 2 more in the build process (one of these is a June order for one of the long-term mebers here). Per my last conversation with my dealer this week, they made it sound like none of their other 10 orders even had a VIN yet. I think at the time I placed my order last year, I was 7th on their order list. Since I was a Priority 10, it is not like they put someone in line in front of me. Pretty sure there would be a riot if by this point there were 60% of McArther orders that did not even have a VIN yet.

I stand by my comment that Ford's communication that they were moving to a FIFO model was a blatant lie. All the available data clearly backs that up. Now if someone has better data points, I would love to see it.
So, you have seen identical trucks (same trim level, same options, ordered from the same geographical location) that were ordered after yours get scheduled before you (and after the memo, obviously)? Would love to see your specific examples.
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim, you are the best and while I "think" I'm content with the dealer in Oakville, Ontario I will be ordering from, if Kansas was just a little closer and importing a US vehicle wasn't such a hassle I would likely take a road trip to Kansas. One of the few states I have never visited..
Thank you for all you do, your input and knowledge is invaluable to so many on here.

Milton, Ontario to your dealership = 1147mi as per Google...
Kansas isn't a state that people travel to but travel through.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kansas isn't a state that people travel to but travel through.
lol, yep known for wheat, oil wells, Dorothy and Tim...

Flown across your state several times to or from Vegas or California. I picture it as similar to Saskatchewan here in Canada.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, you have seen identical trucks (same trim level, same options, ordered from the same geographical location) that were ordered after yours get scheduled before you (and after the memo, obviously)? Would love to see your specific examples.
So, I guess you weren't able to find any specific examples?

Pdk0z621

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Flip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Lariat is due for delivery to my dealer in early August. I ordered mine on August 11th of 2021. So, while I expected it a lot sooner, I always had a choice to look at another vehicle option or stay the course. It has been a long wait, but I could not find another vehicle that fit with what I wanted in a small pickup.

Sponsored

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Lariat is due for delivery to my dealer in early August. I ordered mine on August 11th of 2021. So, while I expected it a lot sooner, I always had a choice to look at another vehicle option or stay the course. It has been a long wait, but I could not find another vehicle that fit with what I wanted in a small pickup.
Ordered 7/26/21 Lariat Hybrid, First Edition, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360 & been pushed back eleven times. Latest information I have from my Salesman is that it was built on 7/4/22 but I have not heard nor received an email from Ford that it is scheduled to ship or an eta. Still waiting!!!

OP
OP

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sorry to hear of your troubles. I ordered in June, 2021. I called my dealer in Januar, 2022, and they didn’t know why my order was still waiting. Ford Corp said it was on hold, and we needed an ROVP (not a COVP…no idea what the difference is), so the dealer got me to sign the invoice, give them a picture of my license, and then they did “something“ (I don’t know what). A few days later my order was off hold.

All that to say, my dealer & Ford Corp said initially Ford didn’t require a signed invoice & driver’s license until sometime in October; so they appear to agree on that. I don’t know that this will help, but it might have a bit of info you need.

Unfortunately I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. Expecting it on 7/29…maybe.
By the time I ordered it they did required. However, many people ordered after me and I been trying to get a hold of them regarding this matter, which could have been resolved months ago, but they choose not too.

OP
OP

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you a hybrid? If so, it may not be surprising that you don't have a build date with a 10/29 order date. It sounds like your dealer did not COVP your order.

You seem to be under the impression the dealer can change your priority to a 2. They cannot, only the region can do that. Dealer can't set it below 10. You probably should be a 2 by now, and again I think your dealer did not submit the order properly.

It is super important for anyone reading this that you do the research, read the reviews, and find a good dealer.
yes, hybrid. The only thing my dealer has done is taken my deposit. They don't care about anything!

OP
OP

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can tell they did not enter any of their orders into the ROVP process or else they would have had some vehicles already show up and be delivered. It is good that they did tell you that they were struggling with all their other orders because that gives you a clue that they probably don't know what they're doing since they haven't received any. Since you did not get the email i would almost guarantee that they did not submit your order through the proper process and you don't have an improved order. Which also means that you will not get the private offer. In that case you'll be putting a new order with any dealership that you want to in 23 because you won't get priority anyway.

Here is the process of getting the ROVP number out of their system. I hope this helps and I hope I'm wrong.

Screenshot_20220709-230716_Docs.jpg

Screenshot_20220709-230727_Docs.jpg
I don't think they did any of these. They told me that I need to contact Ford and they need to provide me a "Lead to order conversion number" so they can COVP my order.....However, I have been trying to get a hold of them for months, and no answer. It doesn't seem fair to me to have to start over from zero when I have been waiting since October 2021, provided a deposit, have done all the paperwork from my end, and am sure am not the only one on the same situation. @Ford Motor Company what are you guys doing?

Sponsored

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
I am sorry. There is something we can all do collectively. Email CEO Jim Farley: [email protected]

Everyone of us is his customer and we deserve to at least find out why he is breaking his promise in Ford's Oct 21 email that gave hybrid order holders the free FITS items: "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Tell him to uphold his company's promise. It's not right.
I just emailed him and this is what I wrote:

Hello Mr. Jim Farley,

I am writing to you to express my disappointment with the lack of continued and accurate communication coming from Ford regarding the order of my vehicle. I ordered my XLT Maverick Hybrid on September 3rd of 2021 and have still not received a vin # for it. At this point it seems my order will be rolled into the next production year.

I know there have been restraints and other logistical trials that Ford has been dealing with, but a more coordinated and transparent communication process is drastically needed. Most I speak to are in the dark about the status of their truck and all feel hopeless about their order.

Please do what you can to communicate better with your customers.

I followed this up with my name and sales/order codes. Not that any of that matters lol. I don't expect a reply of course as well.

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Continue to be frustrated. I made a post on May 13, 2022 regarding the disappointment, lack of communication, and lack of customer service from Fette Ford in NJ. Fast forward to today (7/9/22), we are still having trouble contacting anyone at Fette Ford. The only way I was able to get a hold of them is when I get in touch with Ford customer services, and they transfer me over.

I called yesterday after leaving several voicemails and finally got their sales manager Nick on the phone who told me that "I cannot help you with the Maverick order" and the General sales manager Troy was not there. My husband and I decided to go in person today to see if we can get some answers. We were able to meet with Troy who was trying to give us the all-around about all the orders they have and how everyone else is also waiting. Honestly, I just went in to know any information about my order, not about everyone else.

We have been repeatedly asking for our COVP number for months since @fordvideoguy has been recommending that we should ensure the order was placed. However, these people could care less (see attached for the picture of the last text message I received from the salesperson regarding this). In May 2022, I spoke to Nick on the phone asking him for the CVOP and he was extremely rude, condensing, and just shared that he didn’t have that number. When we went in person, we insisted on getting this information, but Troy couldn’t help us, and Nick who couldn’t help me yesterday somehow came out of his office to tell us that he couldn’t find the “lead to order conversion #” and that for this reason, we don’t have a COVP number. He shared that we need to contact Ford and get the “lead to order conversion #” but he couldn’t explain why it took until we went to see him in person for us to get this information, despite us asking for months.

We ordered on October 29, 2021, we have no VIN, we are still at a priority 10, even though we tried to tell them that they can switch you to a priority 2, but they were arguing this and pulling out this forum for their information, yet we have seen most of the @fordvideoguy . Long story short, am not even sure where we are, we never received the Ford email, unsure where we stand in terms of our order being rolled over to a 2023 and how we will go about getting the special offer. @fordvideoguy, the last video you made you stated that you are still not aware if we could switch dealers, has there been any update regarding this? I am honestly tired of dealing with the horrible customer service at Fette Ford. Can we switch dealers with the new order system/rolling over to 2023?

Additionally, we never received any call/text/email notification from Fette ford to see if we wanted to make any changes to our order, per what Ford had recommended and since the deadline was yesterday (7/8/22) we were not even given the options to make any changes. Anyone who lives in NJ and is trying to purchase a vehicle, please stay as far away from Fette Ford (Clifton, NJ) as possible, I know this will be the last vehicle we will purchase there, and will encourage all of my family and friends to also stay away from this place, unless if you like headaches and additional stress.

@fordvideoguy what are your recommendations? How do we get this "Lead to order"? What should we do? What’s the best way for us to ensure we get our order and our special offer? What’s the best way to make an official complaint about the dealership? Can we order through you guys even though we live in NJ?

@Ford Motor Company what are you guys doing? you shared that you are here to help, but have not provided any help at all!

Fette communication .JPG
My order was placed June 10th 2021, just saying!

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just emailed him and this is what I wrote:

Hello Mr. Jim Farley,

I am writing to you to express my disappointment with the lack of continued and accurate communication coming from Ford regarding the order of my vehicle. I ordered my XLT Maverick Hybrid on September 3rd of 2021 and have still not received a vin # for it. At this point it seems my order will be rolled into the next production year.

I know there have been restraints and other logistical trials that Ford has been dealing with, but a more coordinated and transparent communication process is drastically needed. Most I speak to are in the dark about the status of their truck and all feel hopeless about their order.

Please do what you can to communicate better with your customers.

I followed this up with my name and sales/order codes. Not that any of that matters lol. I don't expect a reply of course as well.
If anything its gotta help to get it off of your chest. He should have someone answer to at least pretend he cares about the customer.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order was placed June 10th 2021, just saying!
That is so wrong Scott!

In case you did not see this, email CEO Jim Farley: [email protected]

He probably won't, but he should tell you why he is breaking his promise in Ford's Oct 21 email that gave hybrid order holders the free FITS items: "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated."

If anything Ford needs to change the graphics on your build to "Last Edition".
Sponsored