Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello crew, I'm looking to buy a small truck. I'm a tech and I used my vehicle to get to different jobs averaging 140 miles max per day. I test drove a 19' tacoma and I was not impressed. I also test drove a 2021 canyon elevation and fell in love with the truck but not the price.

So my question to to you is would the Mav be a better candidate for my needs? Is it worth it?

Please advise.

Previous ride
Ford Maverick Undecided, please help out. 20211017_185850
Sponsored

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Hmmmm. Maverick is not really a mid-sized truck.

Value? Amazing value. We love our Hybrid, a steal for what we paid.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you can snag a Maverick at MSRP, it is a steal. More than that and no, to answer your question, it is not worth it.

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No answer for you yet. You only mentioned driving range as your requirement, anything else?
And MAV is not middle sized.

OP
OP
MaveRican

MaveRican

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a midsize truck, Noted🙃

Well definitely a truck that can sustain a lot of highway driving, a decent cab size for a fam of 4, a ok bed size for hauling small stuff...

I saw one at the dealer but couldn't test drive it tho.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a midsize truck, Noted🙃

Well definitely a truck that can sustain a lot of highway driving, a decent cab size for a fam of 4, a ok bed size for hauling small stuff...

I saw one at the dealer but couldn't test drive it tho.
Ford Ranger or Chevy Colorado —about $27,000

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a no brainer to me. Driving almost 3000 mi./mo., so about 35,000 miles a year, get a basic Maverick XL Hybrid. Will cut fuel cost almost in half. Order it on August 15 when the 2023 ordering opens. Will take a while to get it, but fuel savings per year will be huge.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello crew, I'm looking to buy a small truck. I'm a tech and I used my vehicle to get to different jobs averaging 140 miles max per day. I test drove a 19' tacoma and I was not impressed. I also test drove a 2021 canyon elevation and fell in love with the truck but not the price.

So my question to to you is would the Mav be a better candidate for my needs? Is it worth it?

Please advise.

Previous ride
20211017_185850.jpg
I'm a tech as well and I use my Mav. I have a family of four and It's perfect. I picked up my Hybrid in January and have put in over 16k miles.

Ford Maverick Undecided, please help out. 20220303_090415

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a no brainer to me. Driving almost 3000 mi./mo., so about 35,000 miles a year, get a basic Maverick XL Hybrid. Will cut fuel cost almost in half. Order it on August 15 when the 2023 ordering opens. Will take a while to get it, but fuel savings per year will be huge.
I got a XLT. I would have been OK with a XL but driving that many miles, I had to have cruise control. I understand you can enable cruise control with forscan but I don't like doing mods like that to any car while under warranty.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As small as the Maverick is, I wouldn't like having to constantly drive around town and run a ton of errands with it on small city streets. It is a LITTLE bit difficult to park and pull into tight parking spaces. It doesn't feel like a small little easy to drive compact car you can hop in and deliver pizza in all day. It still has a large truck feel even though it's on the Escape chassis except it handles 10 times better.

Other than that, it's perfect. The ride quality is great, steering is nice and direct, has plenty of power, handles bumps/potholes well, etc.

Sponsored

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a XLT. I would have been OK with a XL but driving that many miles, I had to have cruise control. I understand you can enable cruise control with forscan but I don't like doing mods like that to any car while under warranty.
Cruise control is an issue, but I’ve found I use it less and less as I get older. Now, I only use it if driving out west, which is very rare these days. So my bare bones XL will be just right at the right price. June order that finally shipped last week.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think it would be perfect for you. It doesnt sound like you need a mid sized truck if you are coming from a Scion. However a Maverick is bigger than what a compact truck used to be. Especially inside it is bigger than a Tacoma and in was a Ranger. If you arent towing something the weight of another vehicle, or if you want high MPG, and you want something cheap enough that your family and you can abuse a lil with regular life. Then it would probably be a good truck for you. If bed size is too small for your gear you could always double it with a cap. ARE is making contractor caps with all the shelves and organization stuff.

However this is the MTC here so....

THE LINE STARTS IN THE BACK!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cry:

Ford Maverick Undecided, please help out. are-bed-cap-ford-maverick-2-

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These post are interesting, if the OP would spend an hour or so "searching" this forum their answers are out there.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check out a Maverick personally and decide for yourself. I say it's worth it at the right price..GL

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Please advise.

Previous ride
20211017_185850.jpg
Yes and Yes.
Sponsored