First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I think there are at least 50 posts with pictures of a guy over 6' tall sitting in the Maverick. Headroom, legroom, rear seat room behind a tall guy, everything!
How about the short ones in the group? Can someone take some pictures of a short person (5'3" or less) in the drivers seat? I want to know how far the airbag is from me when my seat is almost all the way up and the steering wheel is all the way forward. Will I bang my knees getting in because of the front dash/seat/door configuration? How far off the floor is the gas and brake pedal - will my feet hit the pedal at the ball of my foot or just my toes unless I hold my foot off the floor? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am hoping to see one at a State Fair soon, but sometimes those have the battery disconnected so I might not be able to run the seat up to check.
I'm 5'4" and it's definitely weird that it seems like all video recorded Maverick dealers and buyers seem to have giraffe DNA. I do recall some photos on here a while back of a dude who was around 5'6" or something, sitting in and standing in front of the Maverick. Overall, I'm not worried about space, I'm sure it will be fine. And me scooting the driver's seat up a little, along with my wife being the same height as me, means plenty of legroom in what otherwise looks like a cramped backseat.
Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My F150 has adjustable brake and gas pedal height which comes in handy for short people. I wish the Maverick also had this, as one of the eventual drivers of it is very short (about 5' 0").
Wow! My '96 F150 doesn't have that! But after one adjustment many years ago of the seat ht/position I've driven it in boots,crocs,sneakers...etc. with no problems. I've never had any problems driving my Expeditions or any other cars. I can't believe this truck will be a problem to drive for us shorties!!