triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone confirmed this working on a US XLT Lux with FX4, 4K tow, and copilot 360?

If so I'd very much appreciate a walkthrough.
Yes, it should work but I strongly advise you read the entire thread. All of it. Then watch some YouTube tutorials. This is not a small undertaking and you should understand ForScan, what you're doing, and the risks involved. All of the walkthroughs are on various pages in this thread and all of it is helpful to know in case something goes sideways. Good luck!
Sponsored

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has been tested and will work on all models that do not have a Ford Navigation system installed. It should work on models with a Ford Navigation system but will require different settings and may also require some APIM module changes to fully integrate the Navigation sign information into the display cluster.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

Tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

Method 1 - No Ford Navigation system installed
This applies to 4 inch and 6 inch clusters, this will show the traffic speed signs as round in the 6inch clusters.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

Next we need to activate it in the instrument cluster
IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx-xxxx

This activates the TSR menu

Next optionally is for the speed warning menu. If you leave it default you'll get 2 tolerance options for below and above 35 MPH. If you set this it will display it as a single tolerance option.

IPC
720-10-01
xCxx xxxx xxxx

This will display it as a single option. The tolerance will flash the speed limit sign in the cluster if you are traveling that many miles or more above the posted speed limit.

Finally if you want an audible warning to going along with the tolerance setting this value will enable chimes.

IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx4x-xxxx

This will give an option to enable chimes in the speed warning section of the menu

Method 2 - No Ford Navigation system installed recommended for 6inch cluster screens.
Thanks to @nickn066 for pointing this out originally

This also applies to 4inch cluster screens.
This method enables Speed Sign Recognition which is a subset of TSR. It is a different menu and only applies to speed limit signs. If you have a 6 inch cluster and want the speed limit signs to be displayed as squares like in the 4inch cluster screen then use this method instead.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module there are 2 settings that will work

IPMA setting 1
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

IPMA setting 2
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLIF
SLIF = speed limit signs only

It is recommended to use setting 2 here since the SSR menu in the IPC cluster only operates in SLIF mode.

Next and finally we just need to enable the Speed Sign Recognition menu in the cluster. By default it is disabled.

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx-xxxx-8xxx

This enables the Speed Sign Recognition menu.

Method 3 - Ford Navigation system installed.
writeup to follow

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.
Thanks to everyone for your research. I was able to get TSR working in my 2022 XLT Hybrid (4" Display-CP360-Trailer Hitch) I used the following entries:
IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx xxD3 xxxx (was xxC9)
IPC 720-03-02 xxCx xxxx xxxx (was xx4x)
IPC 720-09-01 xxxx xxxx 8xxx (was 1 xxx)

I could not change the Speed Warning from 5MPH. When you exceed the speed limit by 5 MPH, the speed limit sign flashes on the display. All the CP360 functions seem to work fine although I do not have a trailer to test the Trailer Sway Control.

At first, FORScan did not see my IPMA module, so I deleted the Profile and had FORScan create a new Profile. Then the program did find my IPMA module and I was able to make the changes.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) TSR in 4inch display

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) TSR in Driver Assist Menu

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) TSR Menu items

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Speed Warning +5 MPH only

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Cross Traffic OK

secretagentstone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mazda MX-5 RF, 90 Turbo NA Miata, '79 El Camino
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If theres anyone in the Austin, San Antonio, or even Houston area with a ForScan that wants to hook me up in exchange for a case of beers and maverick talk, please reach out.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If theres anyone in the Austin, San Antonio, or even Houston area with a ForScan that wants to hook me up in exchange for a case of beers and maverick talk, please reach out.
Gee's if there is someone in the Metro Detroit area that can do this....DM me!

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likewise, if your near or driving through the Atlanta, north Georgia area, send me a PM/Start Conversation, happy to help with the TSR

Sponsored

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likewise, Ohio and help in installing cruise control on XL. Will agree to a payment plan.

hungliketictacs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick EcoBoost FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy to help ya'll out here in Austin! I've done just about every Forscan mod I can along with Cruise Control, Lane Keep stalk, etc. I think my next step is to install the ACC radar.

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pardon my ignorance. I have an 2023 XLT FX4 (6 inch cluster) and I'm a bit unclear as to which method to choose.

Am I to understand that choosing method 2 does not allow for speed limit warning menu options or chimes? If so, is the only reasoning that one might opt for method two to ensure the square sign is displayed?

I obviously want the fullest functionality to be enabled, so should I go option one despite the annoyance of a round sign display?

Also what does overpass sign recognition do?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pardon my ignorance. I have an 2023 XLT FX4 (6 inch cluster) and I'm a bit unclear as to which method to choose.

Am I to understand that choosing method 2 does not allow for speed limit warning menu options or chimes? If so, is the only reasoning that one might opt for method two to ensure the square sign is displayed?

I obviously want the fullest functionality to be enabled, so should I go option one despite the annoyance of a round sign display?

Also what does overpass sign recognition do?
I did Method 2, and no overpass. Did not want the empty square there. I did have the menu that allows the 5 over limit warning. I did not like that is flashes the speed sign, so I didn’t end up keeping it turn on, but it is still there.

Sponsored

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did Method 2, and no overpass. Did not want the empty square there. I did have the menu that allows the 5 over limit warning. I did not like that is flashes the speed sign, so I didn’t end up keeping it turn on, but it is still there.
Glad to hear it. Don't think I want an empty square either. But honestly, what does overpass sign recognition do? Is that like a no passing zone alert? I can't fathom why the car would alert me to upcoming overpasses.

Does yours have an option to chime when over the limit? And can you adjust the threshold so it only alerts when you go 10 or 15 over?

I guess my real question is do I lose any functionality choosing method 2 over method 1?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad to hear it. Don't think I want an empty square either. But honestly, what does overpass sign recognition do? Is that like a no passing zone alert? I can't fathom why the car would alert me to upcoming overpasses.

Does yours have an option to chime when over the limit? And can you adjust the threshold so it only alerts when you go 10 or 15 over?

I guess my real question is do I lose any functionality choosing method 2 over method 1?
It only gave me up to 5mph over. I do not recall if I had chime settings or not. Once I saw it flashing at 5 over, it didn’t want it. A chime would have been even worst. I would want at least 7 over.

As far as what the overpass signs are, I am not sure. When I was originally looking into this, it seemed like hardly anything would trigger it.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes it is No Passing sign alert. Not really worth enabling in my opinion, I did occasionally see it go off. I also switched to the square signs without the no passing sign alerts(if I recall you had to have round signs to enable the no passing alert.)

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is 5 mph the maximum over you can set the alert to for both under and over 35 mph?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs