Sponsored

To those who have gotten the tailgate cables replaced under warranty...

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are (2) different things here. 1) when the tailgate is down with no load, the cables are not equally stressed. When weight is applied to the tailgate, both cables share the load, and b) when lowered, the tailgate is not on the same plane as the bed, it's slightly downhill.

not a bid deal for me,.....

Sponsored

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Mine are perfect.

:rolleyes:

Unless I've missed a thread or two somewhere, Ford has still not acknowledged anywhere that all of the Mavericks have the wrong length of tailgate cable. Ford simply needs to provide a shorter cable and all the Mavericks would have beds that are coplanar to the tailgate as expected. I bet we'll never see it addressed by Ford but maybe an aftermarket cable will be sold by some company for a decent price. I'm curious if the 2023 models will be the same or not.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine are perfect.

:rolleyes:
Could you take a picture of the bed and tailgate with a level or some flat object to show it being coplanar, for science? Do you have the tailgate assist installed?

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tailgate is supposed to sit level and not follow rake of truck. That way crockpots and coffee pots sit level.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could you take a picture of the bed and tailgate with a level or some flat object to show it being coplanar, for science? Do you have the tailgate assist installed?
Yeah I better see a level and some pics- Thx Management

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I just went on Amazon Prime. there are a few different aftermarket tailgate struts.
You sure they are compatible? Mind sharing some links to what you are looking at bcuz I would be interested.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking you're like an an engineer or something?

:)

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why exactly would someone remove a Ford Accessory when taking the truck for service?

I think his answer expla why.

Maybe you meant to say, “Dealerships shouldn’t allow Ford accessories to deflect their thinking about a warranty claim.”

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I might have to just take the strut off. I mean not only not level but looks like a Mexican dog chewed on it.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking you're like an an engineer or something?

:)
Aw shucks I thought you were finally gonna prove us all wrong

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I might have to just take the strut off. I mean not only not level but looks like a Mexican dog chewed on it.
A Mexican truck Senor.

sockeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting - I think a couple of folks have had luck correcting the droop with a new cable and or set - Not sure though
My XLT was delivered in June.One of the things that bothered me was the tailgate droop, looked to be an inch at least. Today I installed 2 new cables from Ford. I bought 'em. 30 bucks apiece. It solved the problem. The new cables look to be at least 1/2" shorter than the ones that came with the truck. The part #'s are NZ6Z6043052A (Right), and NZ6Z6043053A (Left). Also, unlike the old cables, they both are equally taut. #45 Torx fit well. The pic is of left side cables, new and old.

Ford Maverick To those who have gotten the tailgate cables replaced under warranty... IMG_0162[1].JPG

Ford Maverick To those who have gotten the tailgate cables replaced under warranty... IMG_0163[1].JPG

Ford Maverick To those who have gotten the tailgate cables replaced under warranty... IMG_0162[1].JPG

Ford Maverick To those who have gotten the tailgate cables replaced under warranty... IMG_0163[1].JPG

Sponsored

Last edited: