Sponsored

The $22 Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Receiver Option!

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what it was when I ordered and would recommend EVERYONE to pay the extra $100 and get it installed during assembly and not after market. Even if you have no intention of pulling a trailer. It can come in handy. And if you don't plan on keeping the truck until the day you take it to a junk yard it can and will help with the resale.
I totally agree. I plan to have it when order my truck. I installed hitch receiver on my old Acura MDX. It cost much more (because it's much bigger and heavy duty) without the connector. Currently I only use it for bike rack.
Sponsored

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it is, but it was backed order during the last ordering cycle. In fact, it was not even available from the dealers. My sources tell me that Ford has a new supplier.
Understood. Supply chain issue is real.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree. I plan to have it when order my truck. I installed hitch receiver on my old Acura MDX. It cost much more (because it's much bigger and heavy duty) without the connector. Currently I only use it for bike rack.
I added it to mine without any intention of needing it. Then bought a cheap used trailer and it had come in handy so much I can't believe I even considered not spending the $100

king2022

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added it to mine without any intention of needing it. Then bought a cheap used trailer and it had come in handy so much I can't believe I even considered not spending the $100
What kind of trailer? Hauling trailer or travel trailer?

Icatchshrimp

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla

Hey Maverick haters and lovers, sometimes it is hard to tell around here. Several friends and Mav owners have pointed out that the Ford Maverick OEM trailer hitch #NZ6Z-17D826-C seems a little pricy at $336.00! It is but is not terrible compared to Toyota and over brands. I chose to go with the DIY option for two reasons, availability and cost. Not only has the Ford unit been on backorder for months, and as life would have, it became available the day after I finished my installation, but also, at $22 ($16 with coupon), the DIY option was very attractive. It is also nice to see that as of June 2022, there are several model-specific aftermarket units available.

Anyhow, here is another video tutorial for your consideration. I think you will find a lot of helpful information regardless of what unit you choose. Thank you all for watching and for supporting the channel! I appreciate it.

** And before you choose to pay $130.00 to your Ford dealer to install it, I suggest you watch the video and see what I found!
Great video! Thanks 😊 I’m in Florida also

Sponsored

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What kind of trailer? Hauling trailer or travel trailer?
A 5x8 lowes trailer with the ramp. Had some improvements made by the previous owner. The 2x12 header boards, 2x10 sides, rewired the lights and a jack stand with a wheel on it. Got it for $600.
Ford Maverick The $22 Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Receiver Option! 20220508_210752
Ford Maverick The $22 Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Receiver Option! 20220214_122117

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has any one installed the HF $30 receiver using the two u-bolt method as described on the Cuban Redneck DIY Channel?

I have the receiver installed on my crash bar but I can't figure out how to replace the bumper cover.
It hits on the receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored