Sponsored

Macaroon

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fusion SE
Love that bed mat idea! Might have to do the same for.mine when it.comes!
Sponsored

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question- does it have a bottle opener on both sides of the tailgate and/or can you install the tailgate damper on the right side? I'm assuming you can't because of the mounting bracket.
You can only install it on the driver's side. There is another hook on the passenger's side.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to add this to my Maverick when I get it. I just don’ want to lose my tie down on that side of the tailgate. I could care less about the bottle opener part of it, just a tie down would be nice. If I can figure out a way to add a slimmer/smaller tie down, then I will add this for sure.
Something like these off amazon could work. One way or another you can find something to replace that tie down.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] Screenshot_20211010-101303
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] Screenshot_20211010-100114
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] Screenshot_20211010-100358
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] Screenshot_20211010-100416

Sponsored

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something like these off amazon could work. One way or another you can find something to replace that tie down.
Screenshot_20211010-101303.jpg
Screenshot_20211010-100114.jpg
Screenshot_20211010-100358.jpg
Screenshot_20211010-100416.jpg
The folding variety that @huunvubu mentioned earlier are the only ones that might have a chance of working. If the are fixed like the first three you mentioned they will hit the strut.

Here's what he suggested.
I ordered them and I'll report back.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many FordPass points? Do you know?
You get 42k points, which ends up being worth about $210.

https://www.ford.com/support/fordpa...many Points does a,(75,000 Points for diesel).

FordPass Rewards provides 42,000 Points with the purchase or lease of a new vehicle and the activation of FordPass Connect (75,000 Points for diesel). To receive this offer on a new vehicle, a customer must:

1. Purchase or lease a new retail Ford vehicle from a participating dealer
  2. Activate and maintain FordPass Connect modem*
  3. Join FordPass Rewards within 60 days of purchase

*Modem must be activated within 60 days of purchase through the FordPass App on a smartphone and remain active for at least 6 months after activation. Buyers of non-modem equipped vehicles will also receive Points after enrollment. Visit a participating dealer for details.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The folding variety that @huunvubu mentioned earlier are the only ones that might have a chance of working. If the are fixed like the first three you mentioned they will hit the strut.

Here's what he suggested.
I ordered them and I'll report back.
I was looking at the dimensions of those and they will only work if you pivot them inward. If they are pointing out they will also hit the strut. This is my main issue with this accessory, hope someone finds a permanent solution, then I’m doing it.

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Another video showing tailgate assist hydraulic struts in use.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't you lose the ability to put the tailgate partially up??? Like to carry lumber or whatever if you have the tailgate up partially, wouldn't it be hooked to the spot where this damper is attached?
No, it hooks higher when in the 1/2 way position.

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated with more bed mat details:

It was a process takes a moderate amount of layout skill. Took about 2-3 hours. I made templates out of thin cardboard. Then transferred to the mat. I used a Hultafors Talmeter to measure the internal spacing and transferred that to the mat to cut(box cutter plus sturdy scissors). Started with the middle mat as you can see with the dog picture. Marked the center of the bed and went from there. Next did each side piece and worked toward the cab. The curved parts were the most time-consuming. Sorry, I don't have more process picks. I just happened to be taking pictures of the dog. 😂 The mat is a pretty hefty material. Taped it together with butyl tape. It would take A LOT of force to puncture or tear. I had 3.5 leftover squares. Totaled about $45 in material cost.

Mid Progress.jpg
Bed Complete.jpg
This is incredibly clever, and well-executed. Great job!

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed mine 1 hour ago. The secret to a successful install is to read this thread. The bolt that attaches to the tailgate with blue lock tight is where most people are having problems.

I threaded the bolt with the nut away from the bracket. It was tough. All the blue lock tight came off. I then put the bolt thru the bracket. The nut threaded very easily. I put a few drop of lock tight on the bolt. Put the bolt in the tailgate hole. Pulled the bracket out while tightening, and in 2 minutes the bracket was tight. I read people are having major problems with this step.

Tailgate assist works great. Just watch and make sure the silver bolt that sticks out does not contact the shock. It is very close.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost