First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't been able to see if there will be a way to mount a set of tailgate struts to The Maverick, curious if anyone on here has? I'm pretty sure I saw that someone here was going to the Chicago Auto Show, if that's you would you mind checking that out if possible?

They're not necessary, but it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate and let it drop if I've got my hands full, or someone else opens it and drops it.
They are available directly from ford for $50. https://accessories.ford.com/damper-asy-vnz6z-99406a10-a.html#2022/Maverick
Im sure there will be some cheaper after market ones available later on
Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one on my Chevy Avalanche but that thing weighs a TON. I just drove the Mav and open the tailgate and don’t see a reason for one and I’m in my 70’s
There was a factory damper on my 2007 Tundra. I kept it for 11 years and sold it for a 2007 Tacoma that had none. It was never about help lifting although that was a plus. For me it was about the tailgate slamming down when opening it. I'm in a habit of just dropping it. The damper won't bread the bank but I don't know if I can break the habit...

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still not seeing it. The second place where you put the cable it up higher than where it connected in this photo. How can it be blocked by this strut being on the lower tailgate connection. I want one but hesitating on ordering it because of negative comments. Can some take a photo to show how it won't work. I just can't see it. Please someone educate me and cure my ignorance.

1633042077467.png
Ah- I must have been looking at a picture of another truck. This appears to be a Maverick and fully serviceable

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are available directly from ford for $50. https://accessories.ford.com/damper-asy-vnz6z-99406a10-a.html#2022/Maverick
Im sure there will be some cheaper after market ones available later on
This will be it. A company called DeeZee makes them for Ford, so you'll probably be able to find them on amazon eventually under their name. There are a couple of dealers that sell online typically about 20% discount - no point in waiting at $40 - you might get one for $35 a year from now...if you want one just pick it up, they are worth it!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is still my first addition I’m doing. Weird we have to remove the tie down point though. Shucks.

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
There was a factory damper on my 2007 Tundra. I kept it for 11 years and sold it for a 2007 Tacoma that had none. It was never about help lifting although that was a plus. For me it was about the tailgate slamming down when opening it. I'm in a habit of just dropping it. The damper won't bread the bank but I don't know if I can break the habit...
Agreed 100%. Kind of like having soft close toilet seats at home and visiting someone who doesn’t.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed 100%. Kind of like having soft close toilet seats at home and visiting someone who doesn’t.
I’ve never owned a truck just drove dads/buddies from time to time. Never in my wildest thoughts did I think the dampener was because the tailgate was too heavy. I always thought it was so it didn’t slam and cause damage.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist Struts B233DA5A-EA36-4D61-94C6-EF1B5FE4E97C

just providing confirmation that the strut has no impact on the cable position.

you do lose the tie down on the tail gate but could mount a different style. I’d also just take the strut off and reinstall it if I really needed it for a project bc it’s a pretty quick job.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The version for the Maverick is the style with a bracket so the strut mounts lower instead of hanging off the end of the cable post.

1633042077467.png
And they are 35 bucks without the Ford mark up.

Sponsored

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
B233DA5A-EA36-4D61-94C6-EF1B5FE4E97C.jpeg

just providing confirmation that the strut has no impact on the cable position.

you do lose the tie down on the tail gate but could mount a different style. I’d also just take the strut off and reinstall it if I really needed it for a project bc it’s a pretty quick job.

Do you have a picture of the side of the tailgate showing the Damper mount?

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Haven't been able to see if there will be a way to mount a set of tailgate struts to The Maverick, curious if anyone on here has? I'm pretty sure I saw that someone here was going to the Chicago Auto Show, if that's you would you mind checking that out if possible?

They're not necessary, but it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate and let it drop if I've got my hands full, or someone else opens it and drops it.
I like it and think it’s worth it. You will lose the left side bottle opener but there is a D-ring you can put in it’s place.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist Struts IMG_0078

Sponsored