First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only on one side. I was kind of curious how it would work if you put one on each side.
Sponsored

Chrysler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Video and install by @oreomuffin

This is the official Ford Accessory Tailgate Assist - Hydraulic :

View attachment 14474
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a post of a maverick using a f150 tailgate assist off Amazon. ($22 I believe if you want to get down to the brass tacks). Has a yellow warning rectangle on the side of the main body of compression tube... Sorry I don't have proper lingo. Look it up and see what y'all think, may be half price and fit just fine.... And 2 day shipping to those prime members.

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The EPA had not yet certified the fuel mileage, everyone who has a build date and window sticker, still shows it as not ready to be sold.

Unless something has changed, still no build date for me either...
Awesome! Thanks for the video! What bed mat are you using?
+1 on the bed mat. Url?
I'm more interested in your bed mat; can you provide details?
Is that the bed mat from Ford?
Update - the bed mat you see in the photos are actually two pieces of this exercise mat taped together with butyl tape.

https://www.menards.com/main/floori...6584011607.htm?tid=2735983253595367499&ipos=6
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] 7655091

Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
I would like to add this to my Maverick when I get it. I just don’ want to lose my tie down on that side of the tailgate. I could care less about the bottle opener part of it, just a tie down would be nice. If I can figure out a way to add a slimmer/smaller tie down, then I will add this for sure.

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Definitely something I plan on adding to my Maverick when I get it. Would like to get a hood strut kit if they offer that too.
Keep an eye on Redlinetuning.com for the hood struts. That's where I got 'em for my Escape and they have 'em for the Bronco, so would bet they will have 'em soon for the Maverick.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. How much was that and where can you get it? I want that for my Maverick.
You can get the tailgate damper here for $40.25:

https://www.pfeifferwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/ford-damper-assembly-vnz6z99406a10a

Tailgate Damper Installation Instructions attached.

Note that Installation (step 8) requires the removal of the left tailgate tie-down. They call it the "bottle opener" but it is mainly a tie-down that includes the bottle opener feature.

I don't want to lose the tie-down so I am installing these:

CrocSee 4 Pack Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors Trailer Cargo Hooks Bolt on D Rings V Rings Heavy Duty

CrocSee Bed Tie Down Anchor

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] CrocSee Bed Tie Sown Anchor.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to add this to my Maverick when I get it. I just don’ want to lose my tie down on that side of the tailgate. I could care less about the bottle opener part of it, just a tie down would be nice. If I can figure out a way to add a slimmer/smaller tie down, then I will add this for sure.

I don't want to lose the tie down so I am installing these:

CrocSee 4 Pack Truck Bed Tie Down Anchors Trailer Cargo Hooks Bolt on D Rings V Rings Heavy Duty

See the above post for picture of Anchor and Installation Instructions.

Last edited:

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost

See the above post for picture of Anchor and Installation Instructions.
That looks exactly like what I was thinking. Thanks for the link!

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Video and install by @oreomuffin

This is the official Ford Accessory Tailgate Assist - Hydraulic :

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] {filename}
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] {filename}

Update - the bed mat you see in the photo are actually two pieces of this exercise mat taped together with butyl tape.

https://www.menards.com/main/floori...6584011607.htm?tid=2735983253595367499&ipos=6

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] 7655091

Thanks for this. This is a much better deal than the tail gate theft deterrent they sell for $40.00 and more functional IMHO!!!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can get the tailgate damper here for $40.25:

https://www.pfeifferwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/ford-damper-assembly-vnz6z99406a10a

Tailgate Damper Installation Instructions attached.

Note that Installation (step 8) requires the removal of the left tailgate tie-down. They call it the "bottle opener" but is mainly a tie-down that includes the bottle opener feature.

Thats a great idea, post pics if it turns out well.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only on one side. I was kind of curious how it would work if you put one on each side.
Not an option, the kit is driver side specific

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a post of a maverick using a f150 tailgate assist off Amazon. ($22 I believe if you want to get down to the brass tacks). Has a yellow warning rectangle on the side of the main body of compression tube... Sorry I don't have proper lingo. Look it up and see what y'all think, may be half price and fit just fine.... And 2 day shipping to those prime members.
The Ford Maverick assist is built by DeeZee, which sells directly on Amazon. The DeeZee labeling was in one of the pics by the author of this thread.

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep an eye on Redlinetuning.com for the hood struts. That's where I got 'em for my Escape and they have 'em for the Bronco, so would bet they will have 'em soon for the Maverick.
The Shelby has Redlinetuning hood struts. At Mustang week last month Redline was a vendor. I asked about struts for the Maverick. They said soon. I'm not into hood props.

SBB
Sponsored